St Mirren V Dundee United Spfl Premiership 30/8/14

shull

St Mirren 2 Dundee United 1.

Caldwell and Drury to get the goals in an impressive and entertaining home win. I would start with Ball and Caldwell up front.

Think positive thoughts going into the game and back the player's when they need us. I think this is as talented and as exciting a group of player's as we have assembled since we came up. The potential for these players to do well is definitely there and they just need a good result in the league to get going and get the belief every team needs. Maybe the win last night might give them a big lift despite not performing too well on the night.

A crowd of 4,245 with 843 Arabs attending. Oh and 12 corners and 9 planes.

You're still pished, aren't you?

I'm liking the cut of your jib, however.

Didn't manage to get a bet on Ball and -2 St Mirren but did bet on Man Utd and Celtic as part of an accumulator. How i laughed at Celtic. As we will see betting is not my forte.

There were only about 40 or so peeps in corporate last night but good company and well worth doing.

I have a feeling TC may play both Goodwin & Osbourne to protect our defence against United and drop one of our young uns.

Team could well be;

Kello

Naismith - Cheese - Plummer - Tess/Kelly

Goodwin - Osbourne

Wylde - McLean/McGinn - Drury

Ball

Think I would drop Drury from that line up, although I would be tempted to drop McGinn as he has been poor.

That's a good line up though.

I didn't want this to turn into a bashing McAusland thread when I started it. If we are going to play a back four then I believe we need another centre half to start every week. Who starts alongside him should be decided on merit. At this stage that would have to be Plummer IMO but that's only my opinion.

Plummer and McAusland are not going to be a solid pairing. If Craig can't see that then we could be in for a bumpy ride.

We have a decent record against United since we came back up but our big players are underperforming and the team has a makeshift look about it so I'm expecting another defeat !

That will be a big problem, we will be looking at no points by October

That would simply destroy morale

It's a tough call but so was winning the league cup. We have now scored goals which will have given the squad a real boost. Would be worried if we were not creating chances. A shite Celtic put 'SIX' past Dundee Unt we can take something from this game for sure.

They did indeed, but United have won the other 3 games, scoring 6 goals and conceding 1.

Stats don't tell the whole story but this is a tough game and I would take a point right now.

Feeling strangely optimistic about this game and I'm feeling that we can win here and hopefully kick start our season.

I've been offered hospitality for the game so if it doesn't go to plan, I'll just get pished! smile.png

My suggestion would be to get pished in any event.

Think I detect a change in attitude from a few weeks ago when many posters were looking forward to our new signings running amok and scoring for "fun". How things change !

An expected defeat tomorrow will send us bottom of the league with quite a bit of catching up to do, and the transfer window closed ( probably best, as it wont allow any more rubbish incomers) The new manager will have a bit of explaining to do, in order to justify his position.

Should we win tomorrow, it may kickstart the season. I expect another reverse unfortunately.

Think I detect a change in attitude from a few weeks ago when many posters were looking forward to our new signings running amok and scoring for "fun". How things change !

An expected defeat tomorrow will send us bottom of the league with quite a bit of catching up to do, and the transfer window closed ( probably best, as it wont allow any more rubbish incomers) The new manager will have a bit of explaining to do, in order to justify his position.

Should we win tomorrow, it may kickstart the season. I expect another reverse unfortunately.

Monsieur Escargot... Merde!

care to show the post that said we would score for fun ? There is no doubt talent has been brought in and as such I would say we have a better team this season

I'm contemplating giving this a miss. I know that's poor, but I can't muster up any enthusiasm whatsoever.

I tend to get more committed as the season progresses, and, more often than not, when we are staring into the abyss and the club needs as much support as it can get (eg: attending all the post-splt matches last season).

As things stand, I can see me swithering right up until 1.30pm tomorrow. I missed the cup-tie midweek, but reports of how we play are less than encouraging.

Meh.

care to show the post that said we would score for fun ? There is no doubt talent has been brought in and as such I would say we have a better team this season

Just my opinion, but as bad as last terms side was, this one is even worse. Nothing up front if Thommo is out, McGinn and McLean both badly off form.

Just my opinion, but as bad as last terms side was, this one is even worse. Nothing up front if Thommo is out, McGinn and McLean both badly off form.

Your observations are accurate M Grenouille, but as we are the famous Paisley Saints this is probably a game that we will win handsomely after lulling the opposition into a false sense of security