How Long Can This Run Go On?

What about the 4 years before Lennon? blink.png

I must have missed us grinding out result after result.................and still ending up in the bottom 2/3? laugh.png

I'm not saying that period was wonderful either. The point I was making was that this simply feels like a continuation of what we've been watching recently and this was supposed to be a new direction/ fresh approach etc.

I'm not saying that period was wonderful either. The point I was making was that this simply feels like a continuation of what we've been watching recently and this was supposed to be a new direction/ fresh approach etc.

I agree, but strange to pick Danny Lennons period while leaving out the previous managers tedious spell.

The point is that it's not the first sign of trouble. That's been already, as displayed by Ross County.

I still have every faith that this will be turned around in the next few games, but what if it's not? If not buckling at the first sign of trouble then when? The second, third, fourth sign of trouble? There must be a point where enough is enough and the only solution is for a change of management.

If this run continues, then when is your breaking point? When do you crumble? Or would you go the full season without scoring a goal just to say you were resilient to the end?

4 games in qualifies as the "first sign of trouble".

As for the rest of your post? You want me to predict the future?

Putting an end date on a breaking point is stupid, a total distraction and doesn't help anyone.

You are confusing reslience and stubbornness.

Personally I don't think a manager should be sacked during a season.

In fact I'd like to see that written into the laws of the league - just like transfer windows.

That would end this speculation pish.

Its not so much not scoring. We quite simply can't defend.

So your saying it's Cheesy's fault.

the object of the game is to score goals and win points

based on that, we played poorly in all 4 games

So your saying it's not Cheesy's fault.

I go along with that.

But, TC doesn't know why Saint Mirren can't do it more often. Three freaking years and he's still none the wiser.

To be fair, is any St Mirren fan any the wiser after a lifetime spectating or closer to understanding how things like the League Cup Win came about?

It was magic - but can we unravel it or distil a formula we could replicate?

To be fair, is any St Mirren fan any the wiser after a lifetime spectating or closer to understanding how things like the League Cup Win came about?

It was magic - but can we unravel it or distil a formula we could replicate?

Fair point, but we're not at the coal face or whatever analogy you want to use. TC has been the assistant and now manager, he's been in the second most influential position for 3 years and yet spoke in interviews like he'd only watched a few DVDs and looked at some stats.

Looking at the fixture list, I really can't see where our first point is going to come from.

Looking at our fixture list in early 2013, I was doubting if we could beat Sellik in the the Semi Final of the Scottish League Cup.

Guess whit ?

I've only made it to a couple of games so far this season for varying reasons, the home defeat to Hamilton and the cup win over Dunfermline. We were pretty poor on both occasions, granted we ground out a win in the 2nd game, but against poor opposition. Maybe there have been signs so contradict this in the other matches, but I can honestly say I'm not overly worried yet for a few simple reasons.

1 - Cheesy; he's no world beater, this we know, he's in a particularly bad run of form but he will recover with some support from the staff and the fans, when he's playing well he's perfectly adequate...

2 - Signings; I've seen at least 1 or 2 moments from every single one of the new players that suggests to me they can all contribute well over the season. Tess we know well, Plummer looks a class act, Caldwell has looked lively as has Marwood, Ball is unfit but has shown some very nice touches, Osbourne is another player we know well from watching the SPL and Drury at least looks fast and direct, even if he maybe lacks some composure, but that will come...

Basically...the players are there, it's just a matter of settling things down and getting the basics right...

I've only made it to a couple of games so far this season for varying reasons, the home defeat to Hamilton and the cup win over Dunfermline. We were pretty poor on both occasions, granted we ground out a win in the 2nd game, but against poor opposition. Maybe there have been signs so contradict this in the other matches, but I can honestly say I'm not overly worried yet for a few simple reasons.

1 - Cheesy; he's no world beater, this we know, he's in a particularly bad run of form but he will recover with some support from the staff and the fans, when he's playing well he's perfectly adequate...

2 - Signings; I've seen at least 1 or 2 moments from every single one of the new players that suggests to me they can all contribute well over the season. Tess we know well, Plummer looks a class act, Caldwell has looked lively as has Marwood, Ball is unfit but has shown some very nice touches, Osbourne is another player we know well from watching the SPL and Drury at least looks fast and direct, even if he maybe lacks some composure, but that will come...

Basically...the players are there, it's just a matter of settling things down and getting the basics right...

Sanity returns to this Topic.

We shouldn't be settling for our first choice centre half being just adequate when at his best.. and murder at his worst.

As i've said before McLean was the worst player by far, on the Park on Saturday.

Not many seem to notice.

McLean has had more poor games than good in a Saints jersey.

I don't understand that because he has talent.

The new Ricky Gillies.

And btw, Cheesy has had far more good performances than bad and yet he gets crucified continuously by diehard supporters of St Mirren.

Very strange behaviour.

As i've said before McLean was the worst player by far, on the Park on Saturday.

Not many seem to notice.

McLean has had more poor games than good in a Saints jersey.

I don't understand that because he has talent.

The new Ricky Gillies.

And btw, Cheesy has had far more good performances than bad and yet he gets crucified continuously by diehard supporters of St Mirren.

Very strange behaviour.

I even heard Gary Teale getting abuse on Saturday . Stuff like "he's just an old man " and some worse stuff than that also . Shocking. .

I like Cheesy , having known him since his childhood , he gives his heart and soul for the jersey. He is struggling big time at the moment though and if we had the size of squad that we should have we would surely be looking to remove him from the firing line for a spell. Sadly we have such a threadbare squad that we can't afford him a break and that's bad news !

I like Cheesy , having known him since his childhood , he gives his heart and soul for the jersey. He is struggling big time at the moment though and if we had the size of squad that we should have we would surely be looking to remove him from the firing line for a spell. Sadly we have such a threadbare squad that we can't afford him a break and that's bad news !

We haven't a threadbare squad just right side of defence

Poor squad management