Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

Yes, decisions were being made and i believe most if not all of those decisions would have been in place for 4 years? before members could have a vote on whether they agreed or disagreed with them. I am not sure on the part Gordon Scott was going to have in the set-up.

I'm sure he was selling his shares to the CIC over a period of time.

Edited by davidg

I was not just speaking about the void, but on that point it was stated at the time that the void would be made into a bar and that corporate members of the 10k hours would have preference over £10 a month members when it came to being served at the bar, it was divisive before it even got approval,i can only imagine the mayhem that would have ensued when someone waiting for 5 minutes to be served was ignored by bar staff when one of them just walked up and got served straight away, there were other similar issues which i believe would have lead to £10 a month members withdrawing their direct debits.

I was not just speaking about the void, but on that point it was stated at the time that the void would be made into a bar and that corporate members of the 10k hours would have preference over £10 a month members when it came to being served at the bar, it was divisive before it even got approval,i can only imagine the mayhem that would have ensued when someone waiting for 5 minutes to be served was ignored by bar staff when one of them just walked up and got served straight away, there were other similar issues which i believe would have lead to £10 a month members withdrawing their direct debits.

Your taking the piss here , right ? Ok I will bite just in case
That's not true and goes some way to prove some did not grasp what the deal was. Privileges yes as you would expect someone to get who was pouring more money in

Your taking the piss here , right ? Ok I will bite just in case
That's not true and goes some way to prove some did not grasp what the deal was. Privileges yes as you would expect someone to get who was pouring more money in

I am most certainly not taking the piss,I posted on this forum that i had read "1877 club members" would have preferential service at the bar in the void, i'm quite sure it was written into the promotional letter for people wishing to sign up to the 1877 club, and a one of payment of £1500 was hardly "pouring more money in" IMO

ETA i believe it was a proposal and had not been set in stone,but it was proposed by those who were part of the ridiculous clique who were involved in making decisions - before anyone could actually vote on them

Edited by buddiecat

I am most certainly not taking the piss,I posted on this forum that i had read "1877 club members" would have preferential service at the bar in the void, i'm quite sure it was written into the promotional letter for people wishing to sign up to the 1877 club, and a one of payment of £1500 was hardly "pouring more money in" IMO

It could easily be setup as two serving points. It's also right to say it's not pouring money in, but it is again an attempt to attract extra cash and to allow others to pay less. Oh and in a fitted out bar that wouldn't otherwise be there. As said already, SMISA would need to wheel and deal to get things done. I'm not saying the attempt that shall not be named was perfect, but it offered a lot to work with, mould and build on. Certainly beats the other ownership model that I was involved in down south, which basically summed up as "thanks for the money, off you pop".

zero of the Clubs assets would be hived off in either 10000hours CIC or a SMiSA IPS model.

but dont let the facts both you Somner

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. (John 10:16)

Thank flock you wurnae thon shepherd!

Think the elite group was to be called the 87 members. Once 10000hours started morphing into different groups with unique privileges it was doomed. Did 10000hours not also consider bringing on board Gordon Scott only for other punters to pay him off as well as consortium?

Aye if ever any of that debacle resembled the sevco noses in the trough scenario that was it.

Heres Gordon... His shares are worth feck all now.... Shall we all buy them anyway to stick on the wall as souvenirs in return for Gordon getting the cash and the club/ cic feck all..!

Any more rumours about Ricardo Pini kicking about anywhere? I did some reading up on him the other day, but the google translator doesn't make it easy. All sorts of claims about triangulation, Argentinian players not staying long or even kicking a ball at the Chilean club. They had though, from what I could tell, splashed some cash on a training ground. Pretty sure I noticed comment around a fan protest, but then we have those every 6 months anyway.

Edited by TsuMirren

Any more rumours about Ricardo Pini kicking about anywhere? I did some reading up on him the other day, but the google translator doesn't make it east. All sorts of claims about triangulation, Argentinian players not staying long or even kicking a ball at the Chilean club. They had though, from what I could tell, splashed some cash on a training ground. Pretty sure I noticed cement around a fan protest, but then we have those every 6 months anyway.

Hide them pesky malcontents in the newly developed Void area.

As I've said before ......

The Board need to call an E.G.M.

Then resign.

Four new shareholders or other Saints Fans voted onto new Board.

A couple of the outgoing Board can mentor the new Board for a length of time to make changeover go sweetly.

Mr Gilmour and the other three can then sell their shares individually to any other shareholders or Saints fans.

ANY CONTROL OF ST MIRREN FROM PERSONS NOT ST MIRREN SUPPORTERS WILL PROBABLY LEAD TO THE DEATH OF OUR CLUB.

Still the way ahead above ................

St Mirren Shares - I'll buy 10 at £1 each.

Anybody else ...........?

Get the ball rolling.

Any more rumours about Ricardo Pini kicking about anywhere? I did some reading up on him the other day, but the google translator doesn't make it easy. All sorts of claims about triangulation, Argentinian players not staying long or even kicking a ball at the Chilean club. They had though, from what I could tell, splashed some cash on a training ground. Pretty sure I noticed comment around a fan protest, but then we have those every 6 months anyway.

We have fan protests every 6 months?

Have I been missing these? When was the last one?

The board deserve credit if they have dodged the dodgy geezers.

After all this time everyone must accept that there is no proper well funded buyer and if the fans are going to run the club then Stewart Gilmorte et all are probably the best we are going to get.

Let's get them to stay long term, strengthen the board when we can and give them some recognition and modest return as we can afford it. The shares into trust and a covenant which prevents debt of any kind in the club, company, or against the assets.

The consortium need cash - they can't afford to put the shares into a trust.

We had fans queuing up to pay £10 or more per month to get control of the club based on social enterprise loans. When the loans were paid up those funds would have gone to the manager. In addition the assets were to be put out of the reach of the Board including any future buyers.

Apparently SG decided there was some risk attached to the monies coming in each month from fans. Why would he change his mind now?

Others assert that shysters were involved yet SG was happy to have one of the group on the Board. Whatever spin was applied, that was the best offer to date.

What frustrates me most is the fact that the BoD have seen fit to tell the fans next to nothing about their thinking in relation to recent bids and meantime we have fewer resources for the manager each season. Quite how that is safeguarding the club I really don't know. As it stands, I can't see how anything will change.

Interest is shown, we hear rumours, the BoD take forever before issuing some justification for refusing the offer and we go back to square one. It simply can't go on!

Incidentally, why did the BoD have discussions with a consortium over months when they knew from very early on that the agent working for the would be buyers had been to jail previously?

sorry board making a total arse off running our club, into the ground

now the come up smelling off rose because they found out that the agent had a conviction for fraud

but reading into this its was allegedly brought up at the start off offer

so what the hell is going on ,

and still no fu----g manager or new players

Edited by mad saint 2

Incidentally, why did the BoD have discussions with a consortium over months when they knew from very early on that the agent working for the would be buyers had been to jail previously?

Who said that?

Oh wait, it was the guy that had been in jail...............................whistling.gif

The board have had their day. They are taking us backwards. It is time they actually got their act together and sold the club instead of playing at selling a club.

Warning if you are under 18 years of age - DO NOT READ THIS POST

FFS are you for real mate seriously. How can you sell the club on when there is no c**t to buy it. Of course if you are willing to sell to any dodgy f**kwit then thank Christ you are not on the board.

Who in there right mind would want to buy our club after reading this forum ? Too many fans have short memories of what this board did too have a club today. Seriously I'm shocked by some of the posts.

Yes a mistake was made appointing Tommy Craig , that's the thing in football don't make a f**kin mistake , don't dare. Cause see me , Ohi are you f**kin looking while I talk . I never make mistakes , never in my whole f**kin life have I made a mistake life. I'm so f**kin perfect I decided to call myself Dakota7.

Torture , I really feel for the board who work hard behind the scene trying to make things right. Mistakes are made unfortunately these poor guy's are hung out to dry for them. The club is up for sale only to the right people. Try and get that mate it's not bloody rocket science.

Who said that?

Oh wait, it was the guy that had been in jail...............................whistling.gif

Oh wait, Google the guys name and guess what comes up. Did they not know his name or did they simply forget to Google him? Did SG honestly sit on his hands when that information was there for anyone to see?

Does he think we believe that he only just found out the guys history? Does he think that the buyers wanted to sneak the guy past the SFA when it came to the fit and proper test? So the guy has a history - anything he says can't be believed according to some, yet it seems probable (in my opinion) that they sat down and went through confidential commercial information with this group. Is that really something the club would do if there was public info that one of the buyers was dodgy and would be buying the club? Or is it just possible he was only ever an agent as he claims? Which is more likely?

Perhaps the journalist who reported the story has a better insight to all of this and will let us know. I certainly don't expect transparency about it from the club.

There is no hard evidence that the BoD are actually progressing the sale of the club. In fact when push has come to shove, they appear to have found a reason to turn the offer down and start again. They even turned down a considerable offer from a group representing the fans. Why? With all that has transpired that decision seems completely unbelievable.