Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

This is not meant as an anti-BoD post but I am now of the opinion that any buyers not disbarred through previous misdemeanours would be a better option than the current situation. I hope the Argies can meet the asking price.

From Patagonia to Paisley,

The Tierra del Fuego to Feegie

Viva los Santos.............

This is not meant as an anti-BoD post but I am now of the opinion that any buyers not disbarred through previous misdemeanours would be a better option than the current situation. I hope the Argies can meet the asking price.

From Patagonia to Paisley,

The Tierra del Fuego to Feegie

Viva los Santos.............

To me many of you are clutching at straws wanting change just for the sake of it. Granted things are not ideal at the moment even the board admit change is needed. But anyone no matter who it is. Even they Argentinians given their past history.

I'm very curious what they want from a Scottish football team. Also can't see anyone pouring money in to a club that is thousands of miles away from where they live and are based. They obviously see a way of making themselves a profit. Why else people living thousands of miles away would want to purchase the club. I'm nervous , very nervous for the future of the club should this deal go through

To me many of you are clutching at straws wanting change just for the sake of it. Granted things are not ideal at the moment even the board admit change is needed. But anyone no matter who it is. Even they Argentinians given their past history.

I'm very curious what they want from a Scottish football team. Also can't see anyone pouring money in to a club that is thousands of miles away from where they live and are based. They obviously see a way of making themselves a profit. Why else people living thousands of miles away would want to purchase the club. I'm nervous , very nervous for the future of the club should this deal go through

Possibly but merely that they want in as opposed to out is enough for me. The current BoD have used up all their credit and are now entering the red as far as I'm concerned

Here are a couple of questions for someone to try and answer....

Why would anyone want to buy a provincial Scottish football club for £2M?

How would you generate a decent return on investment?

Bear in mind it is a declining market. No league sponsor. TV and sponsorship revenues dropping. Season ticket sales dropping.

The only way forward is to try and maximise a return is through selling on players. We don't even have a recent track record of doing that.

For them to make a profit selling on players, those same players need to show their worth on the field of play. Ergo. If they're successful, so are Saints. At least in the short term.

That is not always the case. I don't remember McCarthy and McArthur winning any major honours with Hamilton. Gauld and Robertson never won any major honours with United. These are arguably some of the largest and most successful transfers from the Scottish League outside the OF.

McGinn and McLean won the League Cup in 2013.

Saints have not sold a player since Stephen McGinn.

I'm sure the BoD would have expected more from the Youth Academy in terms of selling on assets by now.

IMO financial stability moving forward with declining commercial revenues and gate revenues a team like St Mirren must sell on at least one player every second season.

McLean did not play in the final or the semi.

For them to make a profit selling on players, those same players need to show their worth on the field of play. Ergo. If they're successful, so are Saints. At least in the short term.

Issue is for "them" to make a profit on selling players any player ownership/agency needs to be structured so that the profit can be extracted to them as owners without having to pay the other shareholders also.

while this can be done it is so entirely different to the way the current custodians have run the business in terms of financial extraction through trading that it is going to be very interesting how they manage to square it all up.

Previous bids that were based around the same sort of principal have previously been rejected

Issue is for "them" to make a profit on selling players any player ownership/agency needs to be structured so that the profit can be extracted to them as owners without having to pay the other shareholders also.

while this can be done it is so entirely different to the way the current custodians have run the business in terms of financial extraction through trading that it is going to be very interesting how they manage to square it all up.

Previous bids that were based around the same sort of principal have previously been rejected

Not the ideal situation I grant you but, IF run properly, the owners would invest in the structiure of the club with a view to contued attraction from potential "gems" while making the club successful enough to parade the talent in the top league of the country.

Nothing certain in this world but we, at the moment, are on a definite downward spiral, so even slight improvement would be a positive step.

Edited by stlucifer

Not the ideal situation I grant you but, IF run properly, the owners would invest in the structiure of the club with a view to contued attraction from potential "gems" while making the club successful enough to parade the talent in the top league of the country.

Nothing certain in this world but we, at the moment, are on a definite downward spiral, so even slight improvement would be a positive step.

We are in a bad place at the moment ? I'm sure the board would openly admit a mistake was made appointing Tommy Craig though I can understand why the move was made in the first place.

Now a new manager will be appointed to try and correct the mistake.

Currently we have a board that balance the books which in turn keeps the club 'ALIVE'

To think we could have owners from half way round the world on their white stallion horses and shinning white armour carry bags of gold is a fantasy even the late Walt Disney could not envisage

We are in a bad place at the moment ? I'm sure the board would openly admit a mistake was made appointing Tommy Craig though I can understand why the move was made in the first place.Now a new manager will be appointed to try and correct the mistake.Currently we have a board that balance the books which in turn keeps the club 'ALIVE'To think we could have owners from half way round the world on their white stallion horses and shinning white armour carry bags of gold is a fantasy even the late Walt Disney could not envisage

Might not be so fanciful.... Especially if they keep said equine, PPE, and packaged commodity half way around when they take over.

From the Scotsman today ....

Consortium ready to bid for St Mirren

The South American consortium interested in taking over at St Mirren could complete their purchase of the club by the end of the January transfer window. The group have been impressed with the set-up at St Mirren and the club’s current board are expecting an offer to arrive shortly (Daily Express)

What about the English consortium who have already spoken to David Thompson? Gilmour could end up with a bidding war on his hands meaning he'll push the price up and there will be less funds to bolster the team ????

Bidding war? Not a chance.

Just because an offer will be tabled does not mean a take over is 'Immenant'

The board will want to know what their long term plans are ensuring the club is 'safe'.

Some fans have done a bit of home work on past history on this consortium throwing up some serious history on one of them. The board will have done checks also I think this deal will be rejected. Could be wrong but I don't think so only time will tell.