St Mirren V Partick Thistle Premiership 8/11/14

shull

another inept performance,i havnt a clue what our tactics were ,(suppose that puts me and tommy craig in the same boat )kello needs benched,if ridgers is worse than him then god help us,kelly poor again today ,teale was obviously only on the park to make up the numbers as he was invisible,ball less said the better much like last week and the week before ,marwood at least looked like he gave a toss ,then manager decided to take him off,bizarre,,heard tc say on radio on way home things will get better when players are back from injury,aye right I would say that as well ,he has convinced himself we will be scoring goals for fun when thommo returns ,so in 8-10 weeks we maybe start winning,could be well adrift by then ,

Edited by saltcoatsbuddie

Think that's par for dozens if not hundreds...the club is slowly killing itself.....and what sort of memories and desire to come support the club are we giving youngsters.....imagine having brought a youngster to our last 7 home games (if they'd come with you after 2 or 3) a single goal and a single point......that's not going to attract a single waivering fan and if you were a player looking in would you move to that. DIRE and yet they sit and do absolutely nothing about it.

I took my wee boy for the first time in ages and despite the utter dross on the pitch he enjoyed the experience of going to the game.

Which leads me on nicely to the utter pish that we were served up today. I very rarely post on here but enough is enough after watching that. That today was as bad as anything served up under Coughlin and that's saying something. Absolutely rank awful. Brutal. Simply no shape or purpose about us at all. Fox did not have a single save to make which is unacceptable. Ball, Drury and Marwood to name but three breach the Trade Descriptions Act in describing them as footballers. This simply has to hasten the departure of Craig. Listening to him being interviewed by Chick Young on the radio when driving home from the game told me he is as deluded as he is clueless. Still thinks he is the man to turn it round.

Sorry Tommy, but grow a pair like Stuart McCall did and admit you are not up to it by handing in your resignation if you have any credibility or dignity left.

I was there today too. It was a turgid first half with the second half only marginally better because Thistle started to look threatening. The only thing positive I can say about St Mirren's performance was that in injury time Drury could have snatched an undeserved late equaliser with the shot that clipped the bar.

On the other side was Stephen O'Donnell - ex Wishaw Wycombe - son of our Juvenile clubs former Chairman. A player I contacted the club about when he was about to be released by Celtic three or four years ago. I also informed them about James Keating - 4 goals in 6 games for Hearts this season - who had one year left on his contract at Celtic but who was about to be farmed out on loan before being told to find another club. I also posted about the pair on this forum. I was completely ignored, as usual, however the gulf in class between O'Donnell and Naismith was there for all to see this afternoon. O'Donnell was completely in control against Drury and managed to venture forward frequently against Kelly. He should have done better when he latched onto the long kick out from his keeper and he shot well wide of the post, but just minutes later he was feeding the Thistle right winger to set up the goal. Naismith on the other hand just looked like a bit of a plodder who could have been at fault for the goal although I suspect Teale's usual failing when it comes to tracking back is probably more likely the reason Elliott had so much time and space with his shot.

Those having a go at Ball and Marwood need to have a look further back in the side. Reilly's passing was nothing short of piss poor and Teale and Drury were so invisible at times I had to ask the guy next to me if they were still on. Just before I left the house Football Focus on the BBC was running a feature on how much Mathematics there is in football and one of the figures quoted was that 82% of goals scored are scored in the box. I honestly can't remember any St Mirren players having a shot on goal from inside the box and I can't remember any great effort to get the ball to the strikers in the zone where there is the highest potential for them to score. I can't see beyond St Mirren for relegation this season the side is so poor.

I was there today too. It was a turgid first half with the second half only marginally better because Thistle started to look threatening. The only thing positive I can say about St Mirren's performance was that in injury time Drury could have snatched an undeserved late equaliser with the shot that clipped the bar.

On the other side was Stephen O'Donnell - ex Wishaw Wycombe - son of our Juvenile clubs former Chairman. A player I contacted the club about when he was about to be released by Celtic three or four years ago. I also informed them about James Keating - 4 goals in 6 games for Hearts this season - who had one year left on his contract at Celtic but who was about to be farmed out on loan before being told to find another club. I also posted about the pair on this forum. I was completely ignored, as usual, however the gulf in class between O'Donnell and Naismith was there for all to see this afternoon. O'Donnell was completely in control against Drury and managed to venture forward frequently against Kelly. He should have done better when he latched onto the long kick out from his keeper and he shot well wide of the post, but just minutes later he was feeding the Thistle right winger to set up the goal. Naismith on the other hand just looked like a bit of a plodder who could have been at fault for the goal although I suspect Teale's usual failing when it comes to tracking back is probably more likely the reason Elliott had so much time and space with his shot.

Those having a go at Ball and Marwood need to have a look further back in the side. Reilly's passing was nothing short of piss poor and Teale and Drury were so invisible at times I had to ask the guy next to me if they were still on. Just before I left the house Football Focus on the BBC was running a feature on how much Mathematics there is in football and one of the figures quoted was that 82% of goals scored are scored in the box. I honestly can't remember any St Mirren players having a shot on goal from inside the box and I can't remember any great effort to get the ball to the strikers in the zone where there is the highest potential for them to score. I can't see beyond St Mirren for relegation this season the side is so poor.

1/ Take a bucket full of Ice Cubes

2/ Pour over one's self

3/ Your hard-on should go away now.

Glad to be of help,

Difference is Naismith is a centre back put out to right back

I agree your point about Ball no service to attack in the box

Marwood is one of the worse players i have seen in a Saints jersey

Yes the team is very poor and would finish mid table in the Championship and that would be full strength

Trust me - any hard on that I might have had soon went away when I saw some of the mingers amongst the St Mirren support. By f**k the club have an ugly bunch of female fans :rolleyes:

What has that to do with being a supporter? Is the level you are stooping to now that you have virtually exhausted all the usual diatribe about the team. If you dislike us so much why bother watching?

Difference is Naismith is a centre back put out to right back

I agree your point about Ball no service to attack in the box

Marwood is one of the worse players i have seen in a Saints jersey

Yes the team is very poor and would finish mid table in the Championship and that would be full strength

Worst players? Really? You must have sat through years of watching Brian McGinty, Gary McVie, Alex Bone etc, etc and that's just in the striker position. I haven't seen a lot of Marwood so maybe I'll just need to take your word on it but if he's worse than the three I've named he really must be bad.

Agree with you on Naismith btw. O'Donnell was converted from a winger to a full back at Celtic and it shows.

Trust me - any hard on that I might have had soon went away when I saw some of the mingers amongst the St Mirren support. By f**k the club have an ugly bunch of female fans rolleyes.gif

One hairy arsed hingoot female saints fan sitting near where I was looked like she had dipped her face in a pan of chips, why are most of them

fat repulsive ugly bastards????

Worst players? Really? You must have sat through years of watching Brian McGinty, Gary McVie, Alex Bone etc, etc and that's just in the striker position. I haven't seen a lot of Marwood so maybe I'll just need to take your word on it but if he's worse than the three I've named he really must be bad.

Agree with you on Naismith btw. O'Donnell was converted from a winger to a full back at Celtic and it shows.

On par with Gary McVie but at least big Gary scored