Security Staff

Stewarding and ticketing in the away end an absolute shambles yesterday.

Folk in a queue one after an other getting tickets in different areas, meaning kids getting tickets in different areas from their parents.

Stewards telling fans to stick to their seat allocation whilst others telling fans to sit where they want.

It seems they really struggle to handle a larger crowd.

Still better than Parkhead I bet.

Never find stewarding a problem anywhere apart from the above.

Still if you purchase a ticket from one both while your mate purchases one from another both odds on you are going to be split up.

However you ether control the seat numbers or you don't but not both at the same time.

Still if you purchase a ticket from one both while your mate purchases one from another both odds on you are going to be split up.

However you ether control the seat numbers or you don't but not both at the same time.

I've never understood the seat number thing though. Why would they need to stick to the seat numbers when the club don't record the names and addresses of the people who walk up to the booths to buy the ticket? I don't even see the benefit to a season ticket holder to have to remain in the seat he purchased all season when he might not like the people around him. Surely it's a deterrent to a season ticket holder bringing a non season ticket owner friend along to the match as the friend would be forced to sit away from the mate who brought him to the game.

The whole policy seems counter productive

Must say, apart from the score and performance, our last trip to Celtic park was not bad regarding stewarding.

Let us stand for full 90 minutes and were really good natured down in the concourse.

And, yesterday the folk were buying from the same booth. Walking out into the stand to find they had seats in different areas.

Last season we had similar issues, regarding seat positions. In the rain soaked game me and my mates arrived on kick off with tickets near the back behind the goal. Stewards told us to sit in the disabled row at the front beside the east stand.

Soaked, but got a great view of our subs warming up. Not much else.

Edited by dave.j

Must say, apart from the score and performance, our last trip to Celtic park was not bad regarding stewarding.

Let us stand for full 90 minutes and were really good natured down in the concourse.

And, yesterday the folk were buying from the same booth. Walking out into the stand to find they had seats in different areas.

Last season we had similar issues, regarding seat positions. In the rain soaked game me and my mates arrived on kick off with tickets near the back behind the goal. Stewards told us to sit in the disabled row at the front beside the east stand.

You got three points what more do you want.

Has our penny pinching got that bad that we are cutting down i am sure there is a lot less this season and the same with the Police. Not that i am expecting trouble apart from the masses heading for Tommy's dug out

Isn't it the Match Commander who tells the club what is required?

Folk in a queue one after an other getting tickets in different areas, meaning kids getting tickets in different areas from their parents.

Stewards telling fans to stick to their seat allocation whilst others telling fans to sit where they want.

Not just largre crowds , believe me...........

Last season one steward had me and my lad sit in our seats as ticket no stipulated, fair enough during a sell out maqtch (?) He wouldn't allow us to move higher up the stand, which was by and large awash with empty seats. Cannae move mate , its fire regs, despite the driving wind and pishn rain ?? Ffs no............I defied him and he reported me, his boss then arrived on scene and told us we could sit anywhere !!

Problem is they are mostly all limited jobsworth types always blaming the system and the rules , not actually thinking or working to resove issues. It looks like to engage some common sense and carry out stewarding duties as required and appropriate is someone else's responsibility ..............

Not just largre crowds , believe me...........

Last season one steward had me and my lad sit in our seats as ticket no stipulated, fair enough during a sell out maqtch (?) He wouldn't allow us to move higher up the stand, which was by and large awash with empty seats. Cannae move mate , its fire regs, despite the driving wind and pishn rain ?? Ffs no............I defied him and he reported me, his boss then arrived on scene and told us we could sit anywhere !!

Problem is they are mostly all limited jobsworth types always blaming the system and the rules , not actually thinking or working to resove issues. It looks like to engage some common sense and carry out stewarding duties as required and appropriate is someone else's responsibility ..............

We go in and take our given seats. If they're sh*te, we move to a better place that's not taken. Don't even ask the stewards - it gives them a chance to say no.

Why would a parent but a ticket for themself and child in different transactions? Or were tickets completely random in the same transaction? If so, then fair play, that's just stupid.

Why stand at any ground when there is a seat? It just gets in the way of people that want to sit / kids.

Why would a parent but a ticket for themself and child in different transactions? Or were tickets completely random in the same transaction? If so, then fair play, that's just stupid.

Why stand at any ground when there is a seat? It just gets in the way of people that want to sit / kids.

Standing in the back rows doesn't get in the way of anyone.

I'm 6ft4... Sitting is bloody uncomfortable for me and the person infront.

I'm usually part of the singing section, which you'll find at the back of a stand... Standing.

• 2 months later...

Stewards have had a bad rap over the last couple of years... much merited... but I want to praise them for recent actions.

There seems to be a new air of tollerence and helpfulness.

Elderly gent next to me was struggling on the stairs last two matches. Without being asked, a steward rushed over and helped him up to his seat.. . Postmatch, she rushed back to make sure he got back down the stairs safely.

On Saturday I had a carrier bag with hat scarf and gloves... I instingtively opened it to show the steward, who promptly replied "it's alright, I trust you. In you go"!

Changed days.... but much appreciated.

Stewards have had a bad rap over the last couple of years... much merited... but I want to praise them for recent actions.

Elderly gent next to me was struggling on the stairs last two matches. Without being asked, a steward rushed over and helped him up to his seat.. . Postmatch, she rushed back to make sure he got back down the stairs safely.

On Saturday I had a carrier bag with hat scarf and gloves... I instingtively opened it to show the steward, who promptly replied "it's alright, I trust you. In you go"!

Christ, dont post that, dont you know the terror alert is now up to CODE PINK?

I wouldn't ask them for a thesis on splitting the atom or to debate the theory of everything but as cretinous imbeciles go they are not so bad..

Re saturday Damn thats was meant to be me, you jumped in front of me with the same carrier bag and i had to down my bottle of Buckie in the car park!

Have to buck the trend here and praise not only stewards but the ticketing system. My daughter and I forgot our season tickets on Saturday only discovering it at 2.30. We were directed to senior steward at our gate by helpful Anton at the Main reception. She then took out her ipad and asked our names. Once she located our names and confirmed our seat numbers she swiped her entry card and we were in. Well done all.

Jim C

Have to buck the trend here and praise not only stewards but the ticketing system. My daughter and I forgot our season tickets on Saturday only discovering it at 2.30. We were directed to senior steward at our gate by helpful Anton at the Main reception. She then took out her ipad and asked our names. Once she located our names and confirmed our seat numbers she swiped her entry card and we were in. Well done all.

Jim C

I think that happened to someone who sits next to me too!

Have to buck the trend here and praise not only stewards but the ticketing system. My daughter and I forgot our season tickets on Saturday only discovering it at 2.30. We were directed to senior steward at our gate by helpful Anton at the Main reception. She then took out her ipad and asked our names. Once she located our names and confirmed our seat numbers she swiped her entry card and we were in. Well done all.Jim C

Good to hear sometimes our stewards are scapegoats for anything that upsets a fans day. If you could pm your names and seat numbers i would like to nominate that senior steward for exceeding customer expectations at the next home game around 2.25.