Gary Reid & Stuart Rennie

It is with great dismay that my son has just informed me that both Gary Reid & Stuart Rennie have resigned as conveners of the Cocleswilson St.Mirren supporters Bus. Both are hard workers and a joy to have as Conveners. It leaves the bus with Fraser Burns as convener, the man is St.Mirren daft and more than capable of running a bus. To Gary and Stuart a massive thanks.

Have huge respect for anyone who spends time organising things like buses, supporters clubs and the like in their own time.

These things must take up a lot of personal time, for absolutely no reward and probably quite a bit of hassle.

Imagine the buses will be losing a fair bit this season too.

Have huge respect for anyone who spends time organising things like buses, supporters clubs and the like in their own time.

These things must take up a lot of personal time, for absolutely no reward and probably quite a bit of hassle.

Imagine the buses will be losing a fair bit this season too.

Correct on all points Div, The reward was the cup win 2013,

Really gutted that Gary and Stuart have resigned! The members can't thank them enough for their hard work and commitment. Gary has worked wonders with our supporters club and will be missed! I will continue to be a convener but will need all the help I can get from the members. Again Thank You, Gary and Stuart!

Some of my greatest memories as a Saints supporter travelling to away games come from being a past member on the Cockles Wilson. I joined the bus as a member on my own and after a opening day visit to Inverness, i travelled back with many fellow buddies i now call friends. Couldn't meet a better bunch of guys.

As said, huge respect to anyone taking on such a job. You are in safe hands under Burnsy.

Travelling to a game on a supporters bus is good, but is it really a hard thing to do and arrange?

To make sure the bus runs at a profit in this day and age with the team we have out on the park is very hard.

Arranging it can be tricky too because for different games you'll need different size buses. The last thing you want is booking a 70 seater and only 15 people show up. You won't get away with that too many times or you'll go bust . Wasn't so long ago when we had about 8 supporters buses travelling to away games, now theres only 3-4? iirc.

Also having to deal with drunken idiots can be frustrating.

Gary and Stu were great for the bus, now the torch has been passed over. Good luck bud thumbup2.gif .