Striking Options

DLBud

Ball came on yesterday and created the third goal.

How about actually supporting players who are doing their best for our club?

Couple of things about this.

Firstly, this thread was more of an observation of Teal's assessment of the strikers at the club not any fan's opinion.

Secondly, "doing their best"? If what we've seen from the other strikers we've got at the club is their best then everyone supporting them, other than making them feel better, is going to achieve the square root of f**k all.

Out of Ross Caldwell, James Marwood, Callum Ball and Thomas Reilly. Ball is the only player who has shown signs of potential to be a decent player. When I was at Whitley Bay, the amount of supporters who went up to TC and told him "you better get him signed up before he goes back on the coach" Hopefully he gets a goal to send him on a goal scoring run

I think Reilly also has potential. I think he's showed some good touches and has made chances which our duff strikers have not converted. However we need performances not potential. He's now clearly behind Mallen and Mclear in the hunt for a starting place. Time to show them what you've got Thomas.

Couple of things about this.

Firstly, this thread was more of an observation of Teal's assessment of the strikers at the club not any fan's opinion.

Secondly, "doing their best"? If what we've seen from the other strikers we've got at the club is their best then everyone supporting them, other than making them feel better, is going to achieve the square root of f**k all.

Sheesh... a bit touchy there considering i wasn't even responding to you.

As I have said elsewhere, this season, none of our forwards... including Thommo... have had a fair chance to show their true potential due to the way Craig set up and demotivated his teams.

I think Reilly also has potential. I think he's showed some good touches and has made chances which our duff strikers have not converted. However we need performances not potential. He's now clearly behind Mallen and Mclear in the hunt for a starting place. Time to show them what you've got Thomas.

Reilly has had chance after chance to show what he can do, he's shite, the other young boys put him to shame, get him punted in January.

This is something we have known for a while. 2 league goals between the 4 of them in a combined 65 appearances this season! I wouldn't play any of them either. However we have no-one else to put on the bench. I am sure some of these guys will be moving on soon.

In an ideal world yes, but will anyone take them without us sweetening the deals?

Moving off topic if we're to cash in on someone this transfer window Mallan might be the one while he's hot - will await the flak!

I think it was a bold move by Teale. A gamble that really paid off. I had been dead against us promoting from within at first, but having been given a chance, he's shown that he can be daring, decisive and innovative, using the thin squad we have to it's full potential to get us a huge result. Add to that the fact that the players seem to have a new found energy and are absolutely desperate to get results for him, maybe he could be the answer after all...I, for one, won't be too stubborn to change my mind if he proves himself over the next few weeks...some massive games ahead.

Ball came on yesterday and created the third goal.

How about actually supporting players who are doing their best for our club?

Thanks for the advice on being a "good supporter". I'm not basing this on watching him once or twice, I'm basing it on what he and the other two have brought to the table since they arrived... not much... I'd love them all to prove me wrong, i won't hold my breath.

Thanks for the advice on being a "good supporter". I'm not basing this on watching him once or twice, I'm basing it on what he and the other two have brought to the table since they arrived... not much... I'd love them all to prove me wrong, i won't hold my breath.

Glad to help balance your view bud. Any time.

Since they arrived, they have been playing in an area of the pitch the ball rarely reached under Craig.

I read that in 50% of Craigs matches we registered 2 or fewer chances on target. What chance would ANY striker have under those conditions.

Even Thommo struggled.

Don't get me wrong, Ball may well turn out to be shite... I'd just like to give him a fair crack at the whip before writing him off.

Edited by BuddieinEK

Calum Ball looked a good signing but was unfit and over weight when he joined us..Now we are coming up for January and he's still over weight and looks unfit think he's let himself and club down that's why Teale cant start him!

Reilly Caldwell and Marwood are not good enough for the Premier thats the problem would make them all available for free to other clubs to try and get them off the wage bill!

The Man City boy's not made an impact Ellis Plumber is too small to play center of defence but would be good in the mid feild holding role but he's injured!!

Drury can play a subs role for us but will not command a starting place like say the likes of Newton would have!!

All these combinations of problems make it very difficult for any manager never mind a first time managers life difficult..

But think he's done a good job so far a Good performance and result against Killie and he can try and deal with all these problems in January!!!

Calum Ball looked a good signing but was unfit and over weight when he joined us..Now we are coming up for January and he's still over weight and looks unfit think he's let himself and club down

that's why Teale cant start him!

You know that as fact? Proof?

Yardley was never slim but became a club legend. Basher too.

Fitness and fatness are not one and the same.

In the games I watched Ball play he was still covering every inch of the field looking for a touch of the ball right to the end of the match.

For almost a season Goodwin struggled to last 90 minutes.

Osborne struggles to last 90 minutes.

If Ball gets a fair chance and doesn't take it then fair enough. But blaming things on his size is just silly imo.

You know that as fact? Proof?

Yardley was never slim but became a club legend. Basher too.

Fitness and fatness are not one and the same.

In the games I watched Ball play he was still covering every inch of the field looking for a touch of the ball right to the end of the match.

For almost a season Goodwin struggled to last 90 minutes.

Osborne struggles to last 90 minutes.

If Ball gets a fair chance and doesn't take it then fair enough. But blaming things on his size is just silly imo.

That's right what about Fatty Foulkes ?

Yes he might of covered every inch but a yard slower than he should!

And yes I know for fact he stated it in the papers when he signed he had been out the game and needed to GET IN SHAPE and gain his fitness back...

would Mark Yardley get away with it today NO!!

Big Yards is 45 now and probably about 18 stone , I think I would need to agree with you here.