Ched Evans

billymehmet1

Apparently , it's new evidence , not yet in the public domain , which resulted in his conviction being quashed. If that's the case then he's virtually home free , with a massive future claim for lost earnings in the offing !

• 1 month later...

Joined Chesterfield today.

After his previously quashed conviction.

Re-trial still to happen, but as it stands he was convicted and jailed for an alleged crime.

Yes he was but if his sentence has been quashed then legally he is innocent once more until proven guilty.

I think.

Law isn't my strong point though.

Joined Chesterfield today.

After his previously quashed conviction.

Re-trial still to happen, but as it stands he was convicted and jailed for an alleged crime.

That conviction was quashed. So, presently he's innocent and unless a future jury again comes to a decision that he is guilty, he will remain so.

Of course I'm sure Slartibartfast will want to come on here and tell me that because of how I've worded my last paragraph poorly, I've erred in law and he should really be locked up and have the key thrown away. Or some other pish like that.

Yes he was but if his sentence has been quashed then legally he is innocent once more until proven guilty.

I think.

Law isn't my strong point though.

That conviction was quashed. So, presently he's innocent and unless a future jury again comes to a decision that he is guilty, he will remain so.

Of course I'm sure Slartibartfast will want to come on here and tell me that because of how I've worded my last paragraph poorly, I've erred in law and he should really be locked up and have the key thrown away. Or some other pish like that.

This is also my understanding of the situation.

Law isn't my strong point, however laughing at Oaky is. lol.gif

Whatever you say. I looked at what was an obvious baiting and thought that, since it was so obvious, you might have actually wanted me to ignore it - but then again you might just be daft enough to have thought that you were being subtle and wanted me to bite. It was really a no win situation whatever I did, so i just thought that I may as well point out that you, again, had fecked up. You know I'm right, though.

Oh.

Right. You. Are.

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I hope he sues for the massive loss of earnings.

Another travesty and highlights the flaws in the justice system. 

Sheffield United should sue also.  They'd have been almost certainly promoted back to the Championship at the first time of asking if Evans hadn't been flung in jail.  Too late now though I guess.

Just now, scottd said:

Sheffield United should sue also.  They'd have been almost certainly promoted back to the Championship at the first time of asking if Evans hadn't been flung in jail.  Too late now though I guess.

Aye, a hard task to "prove" but worth a try, after all, the law is so full of holes it might be successful.

Now all these people who didn't want to sign him that were given him and the club dogs abuse for not apologising and being remorseful can see why.

Jessica Ennis being the most notable.

As i said before why would you apologise for something you hadn't done because surely that would admit guilt!

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I hope he sues for the massive loss of earnings.

Another travesty and highlights the flaws in the justice system. 

1 hour ago, scottd said:

Who would they sue?

33 minutes ago, Svard svard said:

Now all these people who didn't want to sign him that were given him and the club dogs abuse for not apologising and being remorseful can see why.

Jessica Ennis being the most notable.

As i said before why would you apologise for something you hadn't done because surely that would admit guilt!

The very thing he did outside the court today was to apologise to all the people he hurt......

now why would you apologise for something you claim you didn't do.....?

guess he is lucky that guy came forward five years later on suddenly remembering all sorts he didnt tell the police originally!

wonder if the £50k offered to anyone that could help get him off has/will be paid out now?