Ched Evans

billymehmet1

Quite simply if St Mirren were ever to sign a player who had been convicted of a crime such as rape I would no longer support them and the club would no longer be able to say it was community or family orientated. Sponsors would need to consider their options very carefully and decide whether they wanted to be associated with the player in question, some current players might also decide they couldn't play in the same team and put in a transfer request, the same with coaches and what about the many female stewards we have and the girls that work in the snack bars. Rape is rape, The law is quite simple if the woman in question says no or is so drunk and incapable that she can't give consent then it is rape.

...and how do they know she made it up? At the end of the day, he was found guilty in a court of law. The victim doesn't appear to be covering herself in glory either, but that doesn't mean she deserves everything coming to her. The only people that know for sure what happened that night are Evans and McDonald - I don't even think the girl knows for sure.

Quite simply if St Mirren were ever to sign a player who had been convicted of a crime such as rape I would no longer support them and the club would no longer be able to say it was community or family orientated. Sponsors would need to consider their options very carefully and decide whether they wanted to be associated with the player in question, some current players might also decide they couldn't play in the same team and put in a transfer request, the same with coaches and what about the many female stewards we have and the girls that work in the snack bars. Rape is rape, The law is quite simple if the woman in question says no or is so drunk and incapable that she can't give consent then it is rape.

Just Rape, I found what Broadfoot did to an old man quite shocking as well, yet he was supported by the board manager and the fans

Here is some of the "victims" tweets about compensation.....

https://twitter.com/Jmarzy44/status/553498508599517185?s=09

Good read on here...

http://chedevans.com/judge-for-yourself

You reckon we should get our information from a convicted rapists own website which he edits?

I'm going to say no thanks.

As for the tweets, does she admit deliberately falsifying a rape claim against him to get money out of him?

I'm pretty sure she doesn't.

As for the person who tweeted that shite, Marwood would be better off concentrating on his football IMO rather than spamming the world with his pish.

You reckon we should get our information from a convicted rapists own website which he edits?

I'm going to say no thanks.

As for the tweets, does she admit deliberately falsifying a rape claim against him to get money out of him?

I'm pretty sure she doesn't.

As for the person who tweeted that shite, Marwood would be better off concentrating on his football IMO rather than spamming the world with his pish.

So not only is Marwood utterly hopeless on the pitch he appears to be a moron off it. The sooner he gets to fck the better.

Here is some of the "victims" tweets about compensation.....

https://twitter.com/Jmarzy44/status/553498508599517185?s=09

Good read on here...

http://chedevans.com/judge-for-yourself

Normally your posts are sensible and balanced but I think you are wide of the mark here. His own website admits he turned up unannounced, let himself into the room, "had sex" with a girl he'd never met before, then he panicked, just as his friend left and told the night porter to keep an eye on the girl in there, and he then leaves by the fire exit.

Don't fancy his chances of getting that conviction quashed. His pals interview was high in detail in some parts but low in detail on the actual incident, which is common when someone isn't telling the truth.

What a lot of sanctimonious pish I'm reading on here. From some I certainly expect better of.

WHAT HAPPENED TO "LET HE HATH NO SIN?"

I open this rant with an unequivocal condemnation of the act the man has been accused and convicted of and would be less than enthusiastic about Evans joining Saints but the witch-hunt and death threats from certain sections of the public are, frankly, disgusting.
My take on this situation in general is, and I know I won't be in the majority, that the guy did his time and, as such, is entitled to a fresh start. The fact he hasn't shown contrition is a complete red herring. He can't admit to anything as he is in the process of appealing his conviction and just may think himself innocent. I have taken the time to read the details of his trial and I was surprised that it appears that two incidents were alleged to have taken place during the period but only Evans' was deemed guilty. I find this strange and am not surprised he's appealing. In saying that, he was found guilty and that will remain the case unless or until he wins this appeal. This aside. No sane person thinks football players are true role models for living life. From the earliest who attained "superstar status" we've had Best through Gascoigne right up to the aforementioned Suarez with many in between. Freck. There was even a guy jailed for homicide allowed back onto the professional field of play.
There is no excuse for not taking no for an answer. Whether it be from a young lass to someone saying can you drive after all that alcohol. Surely the law states that you are allowed to get on with your chosen path after serving your time? I accept there are certain professions where it is totally unrealistic and unacceptable for a person convicted of certain acts due to there involvement with certain sectors but, footballers?

What a lot of sanctimonious pish I'm reading on here. From some I certainly expect better of.

WHAT HAPPENED TO "LET HE HATH NO SIN?"

I open this rant with an unequivocal condemnation of the act the man has been accused and convicted of and would be less than enthusiastic about Evans joining Saints but the witch-hunt and death threats from certain sections of the public are, frankly, disgusting.

My take on this situation in general is, and I know I won't be in the majority, that the guy did his time and, as such, is entitled to a fresh start. The fact he hasn't shown contrition is a complete red herring. He can't admit to anything as he is in the process of appealing his conviction and just may think himself innocent. I have taken the time to read the details of his trial and I was surprised that it appears that two incidents were alleged to have taken place during the period but only Evans' was deemed guilty. I find this strange and am not surprised he's appealing. In saying that, he was found guilty and that will remain the case unless or until he wins this appeal. This aside. No sane person thinks football players are true role models for living life. From the earliest who attained "superstar status" we've had Best through Gascoigne right up to the aforementioned Suarez with many in between. Freck. There was even a guy jailed for homicide allowed back onto the professional field of play.

There is no excuse for not taking no for an answer. Whether it be from a young lass to someone saying can you drive after all that alcohol. Surely the law states that you are allowed to get on with your chosen path after serving your time? I accept there are certain professions where it is totally unrealistic and unacceptable for a person convicted of certain acts due to there involvement with certain sectors but, footballers?

He's not served his time. He's out on release.

He's shown no remorse. In fact it appears he thinks what he did isn't rape. What a message to send out to other young men.

Sex offenders should not be employed by community based organisations. Especially ones involving impressionable young people. My opinion this one :-)

"Let he hath no sin"?? Not sure what you mean. Because I'm not perfect I cant despise rapists. Well...... sorry..... I do.

He's not served his time. He's out on release.

He's shown no remorse. In fact it appears he thinks what he did isn't rape. What a message to send out to other young men.

Sex offenders should not be employed by community based organisations. Especially ones involving impressionable young people. My opinion this one :-)

"Let he hath no sin"?? Not sure what you mean. Because I'm not perfect I cant despise rapists. Well...... sorry..... I do.

Nice you KNOW he's a rapist...................I hope you enjoyed that night. 1eye.gif

This is such an emotive subject some people, wait for it, jump to conclusions/opinions which is understandable.

It has been mentioned that the night in question was a situation that could/has happened on many a night. This, before the high and mighty jump in, does not justify "unlawful intercourse"............

The facts are not really known but the fact he was convicted does put him in a difficult public position.

The "cliché" that he's "done his time" really comes into serious debate as it seems the "crime" overrides the "normal" circumstances when it's deemed a person has the right to get on with their life.

He's unwilling to admit any remorse as he feels it wasn't rape.......................which is understandable, I would imagine, if you truly feel this wasn't rape.

The public outcry, online "polls", I'd guess, again, fuelled by the same people with the same views, have some credence but I would suggest that if some football club decided to employ him this would slowly disappear, not forgetting the financial implications if sponsors pulled out.

Overall, I feel it's a difficult situation, for both parties, and no one knows what really happened but I honestly believe everyone has the right to continue with life after any court has made a decision.

Please, no more " blah but he's not finished/completed his sentence", he's open to find employment, as any other person is after being released.

Edited by faraway saint

My take on this situation in general is, and I know I won't be in the majority, that the guy did his time and, as such, is entitled to a fresh start. The fact he hasn't shown contrition is a complete red herring. He can't admit to anything as he is in the process of appealing his conviction and just may think himself innocent. I have taken the time to read the details of his trial and I was surprised that it appears that two incidents were alleged to have taken place during the period but only Evans' was deemed guilty. I find this strange

Of course you find it strange. You're another one who has read his personal website, only seen a fraction of the evidence and thought it doesn't add up.

Well duh! You've not seen ALL the evidence.

On the other hand a jury of his peers sat through all of the evidence unlike any of us on this forum, and found him guilty.

Beyond all reasonable doubt.

They saw all the evidence you and Dave have posted.

BUT they also saw all the other stuff Ched is NOT posting up and that clearly allowed them to find him guilty.

This is such an emotive subject some people, wait for it, jump to conclusions/opinions which is understandable.

The facts are not really known but the fact he was convicted does put him in a difficult public position.

No shit Sherlock.

How is it possible to jump to conclusions when he's been found guilty of the offence and denied an appeal.

The forum had more intelligent posts when you were away whistling.gif

No shit Sherlock.

How is it possible to jump to conclusions when he's been found guilty of the offence and denied an appeal.

The forum had more intelligent posts when you were away whistling.gif

And yet another great post...................no, wait, I'm being sarcastic. 1eye.gif

What a strange and secluded/self important world you live in........................bye1.gif

PS Is the possibility there has been a miscarriage of justice ever occur to you? lol.gif

TBH I don't know if the "said" crime happened was as clear as the final decision, and I believe that the majority of decisions by the court are correct.

I love that, in your world everything is taken as the truth ONLY when it's your opinion. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Edited by faraway saint

And yet another great post...................no, wait, I'm being sarcastic. 1eye.gif

What a strange and secluded/self important world you live in........................bye1.gif

PS Is the possibility there has been a miscarriage of justice ever occur to you? lol.gif

Sigh! Note to self. Never never NEVER poke a sleeping numpty with a stick.

I would sign Ched Evans makes sense striker we could not afford who would run amok in Scottish Premiership when fit (never ever going to happen by the way)..

Yes he might get granted an apeal and win but he is a pretty unsavory character by his actions on that night..

but from a football sense yes..

My wife would be one of the first woman down at Greenhill Road to rip his ball's off!

Her opinion is no club can ever have him on there books he should never have any future in the game and she would not let me take my sons to saints games if he was a player!!

Thats why no club will touch him!

Normally your posts are sensible and balanced but I think you are wide of the mark here.

All I said was it was a good read, I've not condoned his actions once. The debate for me is should he return to football.

I didn't know much about the case until this thread started so did some reading.

FWIW, that link made me think he's a scumbag but thanks for jumping to your own conclusions.

As for the girls tweets, it made me think that she's a stupid cow. They seem like a pair of arse holes.

Back to the original question, should he play football again etc? I don't know. The courts punished him, the FA didn't ban him so why not.

If this was a bunch of players such as Cole, Dyer, Jenis and a group of EPL players pumping 1 drunk girl it would be swept under the carpet whilst they continue to earn £100k a week.

Edited by davidg

There are plenty of professions in which it would be impossible to have a career after you've been convicted of rape.

Footballer is one of them.

Rehabilitation is about returning to society, realising your mistakes and not offending again.

Rehabilitation is NOT about being handed your old life and job back on a plate. If the only punishment for crime was a bit of jail time, the there would be a lot more crime. No, you rape someone, you ruin their life and you ruin your own. f**k Ched Evans, he can sign on or get a menial job.