Takeover Talks Cancelled With English Buyers

oaksoft

Yeah mate . Only because in my experience i think they would do anything to make a buck or too for themselves. Its just the way they do business in my view. Maybe its a cultural thing and good on em if it is but in general i wouldnt like someone from overseas buying the club. I think St Mirren have a nice setup. Stadium. Ralston. Bought and paid for and as much as it would be a kick.in the teeth id take a gamble at relegation the way it is or even fan ownership over a foreign sugerdaddy anyday. Black, Brown, white, or Yellow. Again just my opinion.

Do the names Fergus McCann / Craig Whyte / Charles Green not mean anything? All Scottish/ British / white - all for their own interests

Ill still say that id prefer to be owned by our own. Meaning UK based. Preferably as local and as close to st.mirren in both ways as possible. The fact i dont want foreigners and especially asians running the club is because i dont think they would have the clubs best interests at heart. IMO they look after number 1. Thats not racist. If i said i dont want them because of skin colour or what they believe in then fair doos that would be racist so i stand by what i said. If you agree fair enough, dont agree fair enough. Its a forum thats what its for.

f**k sake. Alf Garnet is alive and kicking and guess what folks........that's right, he's a c**t.

Yeah mate . Only because in my experience i think they would do anything to make a buck or too for themselves. Its just the way they do business in my view. Maybe its a cultural thing and good on em if it is but in general i wouldnt like someone from overseas buying the club. I think St Mirren have a nice setup. Stadium. Ralston. Bought and paid for and as much as it would be a kick.in the teeth id take a gamble at relegation the way it is or even fan ownership over a foreign sugerdaddy anyday. Black, Brown, white, or Yellow. Again just my opinion.

lol.gif It's unbelievable that anyone would think that coming out with this sort of tripe wasn't an issue.

Hardly fair to compare McCann with Green and Whyte.

He made money from Celtic but built the club up too whereas the others basically took as much as they could from The Rangers and left the clump any on its knees.

Indeed.

Wee Fergus was a lot of things, but he left the Green Bigots in a much better financial state, than when he joined them.

You really need to read the article by Graeme MacPherson. The guy wasn't any part of the deal or as a future owner! He was getting a fee as an agent and walking away. The BoD knew this months ago so why the spin by SG yesterday? We are being strung along at best.

The property deals the BoD did in 2007/2009 were great but since then we have lacked direction and investment. We need change before we become a Dunfermline or worse!

as said before, he has previous on this. How many dragons has he created and then slain on our behalf?

Fcuk me sideways. You think it isn't racist to say you don't want foreigners, especially Asians running the club?

Are you serious?

actually, there is no one asian race and no race called foreigner

so in a technical sense, it is not a racist statement. remember a publican in england was found not guilty of racist abuse of scots several years ago on the basis that the scots are not a race

read it in the context of who i was replying to

• convicted of beating up his dad
  • a known liar on this forum
i know it's deep, but you should get it
I know convicted criminals who I would trust with my life, most of us probably my do, they're good people.

I agree, I wouldn't trust this individual but just thought your post was a bit, "tarred with the brush".

Edited by davidg

Main thing in my opinion is that no f**king cat eating scumbag from Glenburn get their hands on our club.

We should be owned by decent people, not the subhuman trolls you find round there.

I cant believe i read that.Doubt very much if i will buy the club now after the catty comments.

P.s Did you know that one of the board is a proud Gleb.

I stay there on, pretty much, a weekly basis. The hotel rooms that are pitch facing double up as hospitality suites on matchday as the beds fold away and tables are put in the room. It's not a bad idea for generating additional hospitality monies.

However, if you have the misfortune of getting a pitch side room during the week, you face sleeping on one of the most uncomfortable beds I have experienced. I now request a room that doesn't have a pitch view!

But that's not the worst room in the hotel...just before Christmas I stayed in a room where the windows were internal facing. That meant, if I didn't close the curtains, people walking down for dinner would have seen me sprawled out on my bed! A tad strange!

Lol. I've had the sane experience in the whites hotel. My room window actualy faced onto the main stairwell of the hotel. Was crazy. Folk walking by my room could see in

Nice hotel though And plenty of amenities next to it. Which can't be said if a hotel is built next to our stadium unless ur after done method one

I know convicted criminals who I would trust with my life, they're good people and just thought your post was a bit, "tarred with the brush".

David would you trust them with your bank account ! !

I know a good few myself in past years and was pulled up because I was "seen" with them by a fellow mob. Took heed and changed my company, just be careful you don't get your hands burnt David a crook is a crook.

I cant believe i read that.Doubt very much if i will buy the club now after the catty comments.

P.s Did you know that one of the board is a proud Gleb.

Please note I was replying to the xenophobic comments posted by "glenburn saint", it was a joke and my way of telling him to pipe down.

We are all Paisley Buddies.

so in a technical sense, it is not a racist statement. remember a publican in england was found not guilty of racist abuse of scots several years ago on the basis that the scots are not a race

Yeah, right. etc...

This is the sort of argument which Sevco fans tried to use to justify why them singing the Famine Song and the Billy Boys song was actually OK.

It's an argument devoid of morals, commonsense and decency.

It's pretty easy stuff. He shouldn't be engaging in this sort of behaviour.

It's repulsive and it has no place in a civilised society.

Normal everyday life doesn't revolve around people running into Law libraries and checking the statutes before deciding what behaviour is acceptable. Racism is racism and almost everyone can recognise it for what it is. The fact that a written document doesn't describe every possible permutation is neither here nor there. That's why laws are generally there to be interpreted rather than supplying black and white answers all the time - hence the over-inflated pay packets of scrounging, greedy lawyers

Edited by oaksoft

I know convicted criminals who I would trust with my life, most of us probably my do, they're good people.

I agree, I wouldn't trust this individual but just thought your post was a bit, "tarred with the brush".

It depends on the crime and the age and circumstances of the offender but I can't imagine too many criminal offences I'd be happy just to forget about.

I can't think of an offence someone could commit which would then allow me to trust them with my life unless I was talking about a very close family member and probably not even then.

Mind you I don't care at all about the life of a criminal once he's served his sentence. I'm only ever interested in the victim.

As I said before, if the criminal never works again then it's not my problem - he can live on the dole.

If he re-offends he can simply go back to jail.

Why not?

Because, by all accounts, he wasn't introduced at the end!

If this guy was brokering the deal it would've been pretty easy to find out about his past as soon as he was involved. Or, let me guess, no one bothered to check until they got wind of something dodgy in the past?

Hardly worth congratulating the board for!

Because, by all accounts, he wasn't introduced at the end!

If this guy was brokering the deal it would've been pretty easy to find out about his past as soon as he was involved. Or, let me guess, no one bothered to check until they got wind of something dodgy in the past?

Hardly worth congratulating the board for!

Really?

Where's the proof of that, other than a convicted criminal in the press?

Really?

Has anyone said that the guy quoted in the press is wrong? Has the BoD slipped out a statement contradicting his claims? It seems there are too many people willing to back the BoD without any explanation or background info being offered to the fans. As it stands the silence is deafening.

Really?

Maybe some information from the club, for once, might tell us.

Otherwise, everyone will need to go with what's reported in all the media outlets.

However, if he wasn't involved at an early stage, who exactly has the proof of that. Cos at the minute there's nothing to suggest otherwise.