Statement From English Consortium

div

It is. But it's blatantly obvious that this has started at boardroom level with the cheapskate appointment of TC and the sanctioning of bargain basement signings who were plainly never going to be up to the job.

I was hopeful at the start of the Season.

It didnae work.

Manager and players shite.

I might be on my own here, but I'm quite disappointed the English bid fell through. Obviously, there were some concerns about it but at least they were ambitious in what they wanted to achieve. When was the last time we had an ounce of ambition come from St Mirren Park?

I appreciate the titles seem a bit far fetched, Director of Football, Head of Recruitment etc. However it's very easy to make things sound more important than what they are. I remember my first job when I left school, my role was titled 'Business Adviser'... I worked in a call center. The chances are these were a few people putting in a few hours each focusing on one specific area rather than having the one person running about the place like a headless chicken (Brian Caldwell usually). Most clubs in this league will have a few backroom staff dealing with the general day to day running of the club, we seem to just have one. I'd much rather we had 4 people working 20 hours each a week than one person working 60 hours a week.

I liked the idea of having a scouting system in place. I know a few people at my old work who actually done scouting for Falkirk . The deal was that if they signed anyone that was recommended, they got a few quid, I'm talking about a few hundred pounds here. I've seen plenty of posts moaning that we don't have a scout. You just can't seem to please people on here.

What is playing on my mind is why the BOD demanded to know who they were appointing as manager? I'm sorry but what does that matter? Especially to the people that appointed Tommy Craig! You can't sell the club then want a say on the backroom staff. Especially as it seems to have all went pear shaped after that. Talk about trying to have your cake and eat it at the same time. The story seems to tally up as I remember when David Thompson appeared on the bookies list and Thompson denied it himself on Twitter.

The main bit of their plans (from what we know anyway) that really stuck out from me is that they wanted to use Ralston to develop our own players and then sell them on - which is where we are really failing at the moment. I'd much prefer that than youngsters from South America coming over for 6-12 months at a time then moving on.

As for David Thompson being the manager, it likely wouldn't be much different to what we have just now in terms of Teale. Inexperienced. The difference being that Thompson would have much better contacts. You can see from his Twitter that he is very friendly with some players who have played at the very top level (Robbie Fowler etc). In this kind of league contacts are everything.

The story regarding the broker is very poor showing from the club. It's clear from a 'google' about the brokers' past. As a broker he would just be seeking a few quid for sorting it all out. The BoD have obviously known about this for a while, I don't see them a few months later suddenly introducing their broker.

Obviously I can only base this on what the English group have said, as the board clearly aren't interested in telling us anything. If the deal is now 'dead' then there is no harm in telling us what happened. There's no harm in commenting saying we are in negotiations with the Argies without going into specifics. I see they declined to comment today to the media.

The club is a shambles right now from top to bottom and it's a sad day when I just want someone, anyone, to purchase the club as I'm quickly losing interest.

As for the poor grammar and typing, most people use their phones/Ipads these days to e-mail etc on the move. This is likely the reason. But really, who cares?

Sorry, fell asleep while in the first paragraph.snore.gif

I might be on my own here, but I'm quite disappointed the English bid fell through. Obviously, there were some concerns about it but at least they were ambitious in what they wanted to achieve. When was the last time we had an ounce of ambition come from St Mirren Park?

I appreciate the titles seem a bit far fetched, Director of Football, Head of Recruitment etc. However it's very easy to make things sound more important than what they are. I remember my first job when I left school, my role was titled 'Business Adviser'... I worked in a call center. The chances are these were a few people putting in a few hours each focusing on one specific area rather than having the one person running about the place like a headless chicken (Brian Caldwell usually). Most clubs in this league will have a few backroom staff dealing with the general day to day running of the club, we seem to just have one. I'd much rather we had 4 people working 20 hours each a week than one person working 60 hours a week.

I liked the idea of having a scouting system in place. I know a few people at my old work who actually done scouting for Falkirk . The deal was that if they signed anyone that was recommended, they got a few quid, I'm talking about a few hundred pounds here. I've seen plenty of posts moaning that we don't have a scout. You just can't seem to please people on here.

What is playing on my mind is why the BOD demanded to know who they were appointing as manager? I'm sorry but what does that matter? Especially to the people that appointed Tommy Craig! You can't sell the club then want a say on the backroom staff. Especially as it seems to have all went pear shaped after that. Talk about trying to have your cake and eat it at the same time. The story seems to tally up as I remember when David Thompson appeared on the bookies list and Thompson denied it himself on Twitter.

The main bit of their plans (from what we know anyway) that really stuck out from me is that they wanted to use Ralston to develop our own players and then sell them on - which is where we are really failing at the moment. I'd much prefer that than youngsters from South America coming over for 6-12 months at a time then moving on.

As for David Thompson being the manager, it likely wouldn't be much different to what we have just now in terms of Teale. Inexperienced. The difference being that Thompson would have much better contacts. You can see from his Twitter that he is very friendly with some players who have played at the very top level (Robbie Fowler etc). In this kind of league contacts are everything.

The story regarding the broker is very poor showing from the club. It's clear from a 'google' about the brokers' past. As a broker he would just be seeking a few quid for sorting it all out. The BoD have obviously known about this for a while, I don't see them a few months later suddenly introducing their broker.

Obviously I can only base this on what the English group have said, as the board clearly aren't interested in telling us anything. If the deal is now 'dead' then there is no harm in telling us what happened. There's no harm in commenting saying we are in negotiations with the Argies without going into specifics. I see they declined to comment today to the media.

The club is a shambles right now from top to bottom and it's a sad day when I just want someone, anyone, to purchase the club as I'm quickly losing interest.

As for the poor grammar and typing, most people use their phones/Ipads these days to e-mail etc on the move. This is likely the reason. But really, who cares?

Great post Tam.

I think the silence from the board on any matters could be down to them trying to secure the sale with a rival consortium and any communication with the media could be tampered with and turned into a game of chinese whispers.

Great post Tam.

I think the silence from the board on any matters could be down to them trying to secure the sale with a rival consortium and any communication with the media could be tampered with and turned into a game of chinese whispers.

They've not done a very good job!

I was hopeful at the start of the Season.

It didnae work.

Manager and players shite.

We shouldn't ignore the fact that...

Last summer there seemed to be no Buddie fans who were other than delighted at the prospect of the multiple goal scoring Saints forwards (in pre-season friendlies) going on the rampage in the SPL.

I think we were all far too impressed by what we saw and... Well... The bubble burst. :(

Last summer there seemed to be no Buddie fans who were other than delighted at the prospect of the multiple goal scoring Saints forwards (in pre-season friendlies) going on the rampage in the SPL.

I think we were all far too impressed by what we saw and... Well... The bubble burst. sad.png

I was really looking forward to the Season and a free scoring Saints.

T.C. was indeed the main man then.

The Board could do no wrong.

Bring on Blyth Spartans.

Hope our Board dinnae spoill everything by selling up tae wrong yins.

I think we were all far too impressed by what we saw and... Well... The bubble burst. sad.png

Yeah, I was one of those. Those heady days in the North East sunshine as Whitley Bay made Reilly, Plummer, Wylde, Caldwell and Ball look like absolute world beaters. clap.gif

Hopefully we've learned a lesson as a club about the standard of opposition we need to be playing pre-season.

It seems to me that the BoD were keeping the English mob on the hook to encourage a bidding war with the Argies. Only when they decided that they might have an offer that they could accept did they pull the 'fraudster' rabbit from the hat, to try and pretend they'd saved the club from shysters.

Other than the appointment the biggest complaint against the BoD has been a lack of communication re the sale of the club as it's pretty plain to see that something is happening.........of course the lack of communication could be down to "confidentiality clauses".

Next thing someone lets slip and communicates with the fans and lo and behold the BoD are criticised for communicating and underhand tactics!!

Other than the appointment the biggest complaint against the BoD has been a lack of communication re the sale of the club as it's pretty plain to see that something is happening.........of course the lack of communication could be down to "confidentiality clauses".

Next thing someone lets slip and communicates with the fans and lo and behold the BoD are criticised for communicating and underhand tactics!!

When did the BoD (or anyone on their behalf) communicate with the fans?

When did the BoD (or anyone on their behalf) communicate with the fans?

That's the point Drew, all along they haven't communicated and possibly for very good reason, now people are criticising them for leaking things here and there. The BoD haven't communicated, someone else has yet the BoD are getting stick for it!!

That's the point Drew, all along they haven't communicated and possibly for very good reason, now people are criticising them for leaking things here and there. The BoD haven't communicated, someone else has yet the BoD are getting stick for it!!

Where did the leaks come from, if not the board?

A facility could just be contacts...how do you think we got Tess, Travner and Goncalves? No need to constantly pay someone. We also do have a manager and assistant, plus a Director of Football could take on the role Brian plays with contracts etc leaving Brian to run the club with Campbell.

As for "We should scout in Scotland", I didn't realise we'd left Europe.

The press release is tinged with anger, but then why not try knocking our board when it's obvious there's a leak somewhere.

Travner came on loan from Watford. The other two were certainly not signed as a result of any scouting done by St Mirren - Goncalves was a tip from a Scot working abroad by all accounts, and Tess no doubt came through an agent.

St Mirren needs scouts - someone like Joe Hughes out watching players week in, week out. That cannot happen in Europe, because we cannot afford to pay someone to travel there, and we cannot pay someone a retainer to live out there and scout for us. It's really very simple.

Where did the leaks come from, if not the board?

Who knows where they came from or whether they are accurate , certainly not you or I. There are always people with thoughts and opinions and through"social media" all of a sudden become facts and/or leaks.......trying reading the St Mirren Supporters Facebook for evidence!!

Who knows where they came from or whether they are accurate , certainly not you or I. There are always people with thoughts and opinions and through"social media" all of a sudden become facts and/or leaks.......trying reading the St Mirren Supporters Facebook for evidence!!

Yeah, fair enough. I actually stopped following the feed on Facebook because it was many, many times worse than even this place. Remarkable idiocy on display on a daily basis.

Edited by Magic Monkey

I can't see any good reason for the BoD not communicating with what is, after all, the very life blood of the club - the supporters.

No-one is expecting or asking for the forensic detail of any negotiations they are involved in, but the least we might expect is some indication that they are actually conducting any business AT ALL during an absolutely critical period of the club's history.

PR has never been their strong point, but the current omnishambles is absolutely lamentable, and calls for someone to provide reassurance that they are managing affairs. This wall of silence is not acceptable - less so now than it has ever been.