Looking On The Bright Side

div

Are you really that stupid? The paragraph talks about scouting in Scandinavia etc, if you think that wouldn't incur expenses then ... I've said it before.

Yes, I did say it was the best that we could hope for, not all that we could hope for. The best as in they would likely be the best leads and probably to better players (due to these ex-players etc probably working at a higher level), not the only leads. f**king numbnuts. It's not hard to understand and I made it pretty clear. Nobody else has had an issue with it so they must have understood what I was talking about. It's just another case of you not understanding.

Where did I say it could be set up for less than 6 figures? You're just showing, again, that you have no understanding of basic arithmetic.

My argument has been consistent, your ability to read and comprehend on the other hand seems to change from post to post, if not more often. Yes, your argument has been simple, well, what else.

The type of "scouting system" you are talking about, if it could even be called that, is basically asking coaches of youth, amateur, junior etc clubs to "give you a bell" if they see anything. I would assume that all clubs would do this as a matter of course - it's just common sense and they have probably had this sort of arrangement with local clubs for a long, long time. How do you know that they haven't already done that? Because they haven't asked you? Maybe they think you're too stupid to be of any use.

No it doesn't. It talks about recruitment from Brazil, Scandinavia and Belgium and from a team in South Africa. We have no idea from the report whether they recruit these players through professional scouts, volunteer scouts, from running feeder teams or from watching agents DVDs. You're making suppositions that aren't supported by the report.

I wish you'd make up your mind about your figures too. Earlier today you posted this

Old habits die hard, eh? Proving my point for me. They have four (I said a few) professional (I said they would be paid a salary) scouts who, I would assume cost them at the very least £25.000 a year in salary and expenses, which takes the cost into 6 figures (like I said). That's a minimum and doesn't even include all the other scouts expenses. It would be logical to also assume that they pay these guys because they do the most work, have the best results and/or have the final say and therefore are the main part of their scouting system. If you know different (although I know you don't), please enlighten us all with your wisdom.

Out of curiosity, what part of my post above did you actually disagree with?

Then you said this

Of course it doesn't mention their salary, it's a report about youth academies, not the annual accounts of Ajax.

But that actually raises another point. That report with the 4 professional coaches etc is only talking about recruiting youngsters to the academy, not about scouting any senior players - unless you are going to tell me that they don't do that. So that's more expense.

Of course I was making it up, that's why I used the word assume a couple of times. There's a huge difference between stating that you are making a logical assumption (like I do) and just claiming that things you've just pulled from thin air are facts (like you do all the time).

So, you are saying that St Mirren would not need a "proper" scouting system? Unless you are saying that Ajax don't have a proper scouting system?

Even part time, the professional scouts would probably cost over £25,00 each per year in salary and expenses.

You're ranting on here trying to prove me wrong about something and you haven't a f**king clue what you are trying to prove me wrong about. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're a f**king idiot.

You also forgot about the expenses mentioned in the paragraph after the one you showed - did this one not back up your argument.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

and then this

Again, of course it doesn't mention expenses, it's A f**kING REPORT ABOUT YOUTH ACADEMIES. If you think it all costs nothing then you are deluded .. oh, wait a minute, we've been here before.

There is also no mention of how they fund the players lunches/strips/boots/anything. Do you think that because it doesn't mention it in that report then it all costs nothing?

If you regard a "proper" scouting system as getting boys clubs coaches to give you a call when they think they see some promising kid, and not much else, then you're an idiot - again, been said before.

You don't have a clue what you are arguing about and are just trying to go round in circles until you can find one thing that you can "prove" me wrong about, even if it means that you have made an arse of yourself regarding 20 or 30 other things in the process.

How much would you assume that each of the 4 professional scouts cost in salary and expenses? Never mind expenses or finders fees for the other scouts, never mind their overseas scouting, nothing else, just they 4 guys. As a clue, in Q3 2012 the average wage in the Netherlands was just over £30,600 per annum, the minimum wage in January 2014 was just over £14,800 (for a 38 hour week), but for the sake of this we could just say that they have remained the same since these dates. If their salary was half way between minimum and average they would be on about £22,700 each. Just trying to be helpful here.

On three separate occasions you have stated that you could hire four professional scouts, part time or otherwise - the same number Ajax have - for around £25,000 each. We know from the report that the other 66 scouts are volunteers. Now my arithmetic may well be suspect but 4 x £25,000 is £100,000 per annum. Your figures not mine.

Your argument is all over the place, as previously stated. And you are absolutely wrong as has been indicated by others who operate in juvenile football in the P&D leagues. St Mirren do not have the kind of arrangement that you think is common sense with any club. Which brings us back to my point - Hamilton Accies do have scouts, as do Queens Park, as do Falkirk, as do Alloa, and as do Clyde. St Mirren have none!

Ah, that's why you're deranged.

No. I'm deranged because I kept repeatedly walking in on their "make-up sex".

There's only so many times a 13 year old can walk in and catch sight of his father's quivering bare arse whilst he attempts to nail your mother to the wall.

Edited by oaksoft

I'll just deal with the figures bit here just now. Is £100,000 not 6 figures as I stated? A one followed by 5 zeros is six figures. Can't you count to 6? What exactly are you trying to say?

I just keep quoting you. You claimed that the best St Mirren could afford was for an ex pro or a friend of the manager to phone the club saying they've got a player who might fit in. You've claimed that against proof that clubs with less of a turnover than St Mirren manage to have scouting networks. You've then gone on to claim that what you would class as a "proper scouting system", like the one at Ajax, would cost around £100,000 - a figure that would equate to the annual salary of either one of Gregg Wylde or Marc McAusland. You are all over the place with your argument. My point from start to finish has remained constant - that a network of scouts in Scotland both needn't and wouldn't cost a great deal of money, if any at all. And the proof for that comes from the fact that Queens Park can do it with considerably more success than St Mirren despite being an amateur side.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

So you think that a proper scouting system would cost 6 figures and you think that St Mirren could afford to spend that money with no guarantee of a return. No they can't. What you describe as a scouting system isn't a proper scouting system. Could you class these guys as scouts? In the loosest of terms, yes but it would be like saying that you were an electrician because you saw that a fuse box was out and phoned in someone that was qualified to take the right decisions. So, are they real scouts? No, they aren't obliged, contractually or otherwise, to pass on information to the club. They could pass it on to whoever they want to. If your idea of a scouting system is to get the information only after Celtic, Aberdeen and every other club that is willing to pay a bigger finders fee than us has turned it down then you must be totally clueless. As for proof that you claim, well, i wouldn't class your say so as proof, not with your track record. I'm going to leave it there as your idea of a proper St Mirren scouting system is obviously a far cry from mine - and mine is obviously more right.

Nope. You really are struggling with this aren't you. What I've been saying all along is that St Mirren could and should have scouts in place and that like Queens Park, Falkirk, Clyde, Hamilton Accies etc it does not need to cost much at all - if anything.

You are the one who has put a £100,000 a year price tag on a scouting system like the one at Ajax, and said that's unaffordable. And I've simply laughed at you for being so stupid.

As for your comparison between electricians and football scouts, can you tell me what the nationally approved scouting qualification is?

No. I'm deranged because I kept repeatedly walking in on their "make-up sex".

There's only so many times a 13 year old can walk in and catch sight of his father's quivering bare arse whilst he attempts to nail your mother to the wall.

Any pictures?

Getting turned on by the thought of Oaksoft's father's "bare arse"? lol.gif

No wonder folk on here call you "Judge Rimmer". jerry.gif