St Mirren V Ross County Premiership 13/4/15 7-45 Pm Kick Off

shull

It can certainly be of no consolation to Stewart Gilmour and "the guys" that the great majority of fans have been telling them almost since the start of the season that this "pathetic" (BBC pundits' words) outcome was coming because of their poor and illogical decisions over appointments and dealings in the transfer market.

Things are so exceptionally bad even for a relegated team that it is difficult to see at the moment how we will recover. Hopefully there will be a St Mirren team to support at the start of the 2015/16 season.

COYS

That'll be the folk described as knickerwetters by the chairman?

Good point, apparently Jim Goodwin convinced him . Just shows neither of them has a Scooby about signing players. (Daily Record)

So ....anyone Wylde? ...That guy is being paid to play Professional football , can you sue for receiving money under false pretences???

I'll tell you why if you can tell me why he signed Arquin when Ross County (who were rock bottom of the league) ditched him.

No fight at all tonight. I like Gary but it is not happening. They didn't give everything they gave v little. If Gary stays I think it's as a coach or with an older man in the dugout. Let's not go down the appointing the young potential manager. Let's get a proven gaffer in. It's.a good set up with good fans it's bad right now but with an.old head and a different approach we can return. That tonight tho was the worst I've witnessed

Na has to go.....hasn't shown one ounce of improving a ridiculously low baseline of organisation and performance ot even effort (which he seems to think was acceptable). We failed to appreciate that if Tommy Craig was the man for the job we would have seen some impact from him when working with Lennon. The fact he didn't showed he wasn't going to be better or was too weak to speak up. Appointing Teale would making the same mistake.

Absolutely disgusting. Players 'playing' like they've chucked it weeks ago - which it's quite apparent that they have.

The tactic of having a goalkeeper who can barely kick, launch the ball up the park to two strikers who can't win headers quite obviously doesn't work, Gary. Fancy trying something different?

If we could, i'd release all the summer out of contract players early and start the rebuild now. Theres players in that side that quite clearly don't fancy being in a dogfight.

At the end of the match, Goodwin gave us all a pathetic applause from the centre circle. Nobody else seemed bothered about the supporters they've let down. Every one of them straight up the tunnel not giving a f**k. If i was Teale i'd have kept the team out there until everyone left.

Cant remember being this embarrassed at the state of my team before. I'm truly ashamed and it's sad to say that.

McGinn has really struggled for firm this season for reasons I don't know , maybe personal or whatever but I dont think he has chucked it. I'd like him to stay at saints and show how good he can be .

I'm sure I read somewhere we would be due £300k for him if he went cross border, but less compensation going to a Scottish club. It would go to tribunal probably or our board would just accept some low offer. He may have to stay with us if nobody is willing to take a punt on him

That was a new low tonight.

Ross County were far superior to us in every single aspect of the game and for Teale not to recognise that says all you need to know about him. This was always a tough gig to take on after Craig but we've been regressing and that's not a good sign. Reilly? What the f**k was going through his mind when he put him on?

They were giving it "ole" with 15 mins to go as they knocked it about for fun, heading toward being yet another top flight team with more wins at St Mirren Park than us this season.

Had to leave and fortunately missed the last goal.

Very, very poor.

Absolutely disgusting. Players 'playing' like they've chucked it weeks ago - which it's quite apparent that they have.

The tactic of having a goalkeeper who can barely kick, launch the ball up the park to two strikers who can't win headers quite obviously doesn't work, Gary. Fancy trying something different?

If we could, i'd release all the summer out of contract players early and start the rebuild now. Theres players in that side that quite clearly don't fancy being in a dogfight.

At the end of the match, Goodwin gave us all a pathetic applause from the centre circle. Nobody else seemed bothered about the supporters they've let down. Every one of them straight up the tunnel not giving a f**k. If i was Teale i'd have kept the team out there until everyone left.

Cant remember being this embarrassed at the state of my team before. I'm truly ashamed and it's sad to say that.

No a few others applauded as well, Sadlier, Mallan and Naismith

Edited by Ditto

If you didn't know different you'd think we'd been docked 20 points or the players hadn't been paid for five months and were training on a roundabout. Sadly, we're just absolutely abysmal. Teale asks for everyone to push up so Cheesy drops back 10 yards. Kelly has possession and Wylde thinks offering himself means being 50 yards away. Arquin, well erm not sure what he's doing. Just utterly pish.

McGinn has really struggled for firm this season for reasons I don't know , maybe personal or whatever but I dont think he has chucked it. I'd like him to stay at saints and show how good he can be .

Sorry disagree, someone needs to have a strong word with the lad, he is a ball winner plain and simple, it all goes wrong for him when he tries running with it or making 30+ yard passes.

Time to release Thompson now.

Dundee will pay £300k for McGinn. A club with modest ambition and a manager who knows how to get players playing to their strengths. Aberdeen are another club with an eye for a bargain and a player they can use and improve and sell on for a profit.

More fool them then!

I know I've only seen a few games this season - and I've watched the last two on telly - but for me its pretty obvious there is no leadership of this team. Regardless of playing ability there's no shape, no organisation, and very little trust and co-operation between the players. For a start, when you have a defence as leaky as the St Mirren one and securing points is a necessity surely the first thing you do is you stop Naismith and Kelly from moving into such advanced positions when the ball is still in the St Mirren half. Also, don't play such a high defensive line. The St Mirren back four has never looked the quickest, so why would anyone play with such a high defensive line particularly when you've got Scott McDonald or Michael Gardyne making runs through your defence?

Then in midfield you've got to feel a bit sorry for John McGinn. He's clearly the only player St Mirren have in that position this season who has any ability about him at all, and he knows it. He certainly won't be passing to any of the others around him if he can help it. It was noticeable that the one time he did Mallan set up him up quite nicely for him to hit a tame shot at Brown.

And then finally surely St Mirren fans watching the game on telly must have cringed with embarrassment when, with the St Mirren squad completely incapable of providing any material at all for the front two to work with, that it was reported by the track side reporter that the instruction from the St Mirren bench to Arquin was that he was to work harder.

Gary Teale and David Longwell are clearly utterly and absolutely out of their depth.

Shattering.

Wow, just back from that and cannot quite believe how horrible the whole thing was........

Listened in the car to a shattered Chairman , thought , hmm, a stressed guy., times are bad, a twinge of empathy was emitted by yours truly.

Heh hoh , off we jolly well trotted into the Family stand and I was immediately surprised to see a decent turn out despite it all. A decent effort by the fans to be honest.

Hope springs eternal, but we soon laboured as it became apparent that Ross county were stronger, quicker, more organised,,we looked , well shattered by comparison, going one down was no surprise.

Red card , two down , shattered looking team soon chucked it all together.

Arguin looks like chief wage thief, followed shortly after by a few barely fit journeymen mercenary types that couldn't get a game elsewhere.

Thomson then gets hooked, looks, well like a shattered player, in both the physical and emotional sense.

I left , about 88 mins shattered at our lack of fight and missed the third, by phuck, the first ever Ross co hat trick in the top level, it just had to be us.

Couldn't escape the discomfort back in the car, a shattered Gary Teale uttering some babble about something or other, to be honest I was beyond receiving at that point.

In short, our club is desperate for this season to end, players in the main do not give a f**k and there is a chronic lack of communication amongst the central defence, about a game plan and I think in all honesty there are too many individiuals , I also think zero respect in the place for anything or anyone., oh and no team ethos whatsoever.

Tonight was pivotal in my football watching experience, Ross County , yes Ross County are everything that we are not.

St Mirren , a shattered team ,a broken football club, heading right into the shitter quicker than a laxative based chicken madras.

Edited by Seaside Nipper

And then finally surely St Mirren fans watching the game on telly must have cringed with embarrassment when, with the St Mirren squad completely incapable of providing any material at all for the front two to work with, that it was reported by the track side reporter that the instruction from the St Mirren bench to Arquin was that he was to work harder.

His off the ball work was laughable, didn't make much effort for headers, didn't link up with Thommo and ran the ball off the park a few times. After the verbal volley, which those in attendance may have noticed as quite animated, he got worse. That all said, he did stay onside.

It was hard to watch tonight. No atmosphere at all. One thing I would like to say is it was disgusting listening to boo's for reilly when he came on but boy did he shut the boo fans up Well done you played like a player who wanted to earn his pay.

You'd be better with a Cardboard cut out than Thomas Reilly In your team, he's f**king mince.

It was hard to watch tonight. No atmosphere at all. One thing I would like to say is it was disgusting listening to boo's for reilly when he came on but boy did he shut the boo fans up Well done you played like a player who wanted to earn his pay.

No he didn't. He was pish as well!

The fans weren't booing Reilly, they were booing Teale's ludicrous decision to replace an injured centre-half with Reilly.

Dundee will pay £300k for McGinn. A club with modest ambition and a manager who knows how to get players playing to their strengths. Aberdeen are another club with an eye for a bargain and a player they can use and improve and sell on for a profit.

You think Dundee have 300k to spend on transfer fees? Have a

look at their accounts, they don't, but then again that hasn't stopped them in the past.

Celtic and Aberdeen could afford him. Based on his performances this season though, he isn't worth half that. I expect he will be with us next season.

Edited by TopCat

His off the ball work was laughable, didn't make much effort for headers, didn't link up with Thommo and ran the ball off the park a few times. After the verbal volley, which those in attendance may have noticed as quite animated, he got worse. That all said, he did stay onside.

Fair enough - it's hard to see what he was doing that far up the park because Ross County appeared to be in possession most of the time taking corners and firing shots into the St Mirren goal. I did wonder at that point what the hell was Arquin supposed to do. There was absolutely no supply to either striker from the wings or from Goodwin and McGinn in the centre and that didn't change later on in the match either.