Never Mind The Morton, Here's The Championship!

Common sense alert.

We and most of the teams in that league will have a very different squad of players in 4 months time when we kick off the season.

Budget wise we will around 3rd or 4th I'd imagine, behind two of Rangers, Hibs and/or 11th placed team in the top flight and perhaps Falkirk due to their cup run. Given that's pretty much the only relevant info we have now the best guess would be we will finish 3rd or 4th.

Give us @ Ton for the last 5 Game's of the Season - Away and Fcuk, The club should be embarrassed to treat Fans like Cash Cows, Your Product and entertainment value has been Zero ? Rip them off & Start Again ! bangin.gif

Common sense alert.

We and most of the teams in that league will have a very different squad of players in 4 months time when we kick off the season.

Budget wise we will around 3rd or 4th I'd imagine, behind two of Rangers, Hibs and/or 11th placed team in the top flight and perhaps Falkirk due to their cup run. Given that's pretty much the only relevant info we have now the best guess would be we will finish 3rd or 4th.

I hope your right Top Cat however you are taking into account every club in the championship is working within its means which I don't think they are. Second part is like many I have seen us relegated many times. Heading too my 60s . At least half our team will be from the top league. They will be in for a big surprise one that will not be good for us trust me have seen it many many times. It will take us at least a season to adapt.

"Personally I'd prefer to wait and see what board, manager, players and opponents we'll be facing and then seeing how the first 15 to 20 matches go before making a judgement".

why wait, that's what got us into serious trouble this season. We waited whilst TC destroyed the team before dismissing him, we then took the cheap option again and gave the managers role to a complete inexperienced person in Gary Teale, who has turned out to be a disaster, although he is not entirely to blame, after all he had a useless bunch of BOD,s behind him headed by Gilmour

Edited by stripey

Of course you can see us getting relegated.

Can you ever see anything else?

Personally I'd prefer to wait and see what board, manager, players and opponents we'll be facing and then seeing how the first 15 to 20 matches go before making a judgement.

I know that doesn't fit in with your self-beating obsession but there you go.

Well you just wait then you absolute trumpet. You have been waiting all season and look where it got you. Oaksoft are you actually on the st.mirren board because the crap you talk certainly sounds like it. Yeah let's wait 15 games into the championship then take action. Here's one take action now get the best gaffer you can afford and let's rebuild and have a right go next year ???? No to bold for you isn't it seeing a saints team actually compete

Well you just wait then you absolute trumpet. You have been waiting all season and look where it got you. Oaksoft are you actually on the st.mirren board because the crap you talk certainly sounds like it. Yeah let's wait 15 games into the championship then take action. Here's one take action now get the best gaffer you can afford and let's rebuild and have a right go next year ???? No to bold for you isn't it seeing a saints team actually compete

Grow up norrie FFS.

My opinion, and it's only conjecture before anyone gets upset, is that;

The club won't be sold

We will cut costs according to our new level of income

That will mean the 1st team is made up of players who have come through the academy, a few old hands and loanees

Other teams will gamble more on getting up to the SPL

We will struggle to compete with the teams at the top of the division

I would be happy with a mid table finish but I fear that we will be dragged into the relegation battle.

We will stay up but not comfortably

At some point I would hope that the BoD get a wake up call but that should have happened by now. If a sale is not imminent and they are still in place, they simply have to be more energised and show the leadership that has been sadly lacking for some time now.

Edited by bingboy

Give us @ Ton for the last 5 Game's of the Season - Away and Fcuk, The club should be embarrassed to treat Fans like Cash Cows, Your Product and entertainment value has been Zero ? Rip them off & Start Again ! bangin.gif

What a stupid statement. If your that embarrassed , eh don't go. Mind u I am sure your an irrelevant Troll, so stroll on

The club won't be sold

That will mean the 1st team is made up of players who have come through the academy, a few old hands and loanees

I would be happy with a mid table finish but I fear that we will be dragged into the relegation battle.

At some point I would hope that the BoD get a wake up call but that should have happened by now. If a sale is not imminent and they are still in place, they simply have to be more energised and show the leadership that has been sadly lacking for some time now.

Groundhog Day?

The club won't be sold

You're probably right that the club won't be sold.

We absolutely should cut costs according to our new level of income.

Most clubs 1st team squad in the Championship is comprised exactly as you've described.

The last decade is littered with clubs that have gambled and lost out. I don't want us to go down that route.

Of course, we'll struggle to compete with clubs that go down the above route.

As for the other two, I wish I knew.

I agree about the energy and leadership but have some sympathy for a group that simply wants out and can't get out.

Edited by DLBud

You're probably right that the club won't be sold.

We absolutely should cut costs according to our new level of income.

Most clubs 1st team squad in the Championship is comprised exactly as you've described.

The last decade is littered with clubs that have gambled and lost out. I don't want us to go down that route.

Of course, we'll struggle to compete with clubs that go down the above route.

As for the other two, I wish I knew.

I agree about the energy and leadership but have some sympathy for a group that simply wants out and can't get out.

Great post.

After the financial destruction of other clubs who have gambled big money on their squads and the mess it's got them into, it amazes me that some of our fans see not gambling as some kind of negative.

They could have got out over five years ago by accepting Gordon Scott's bid.

Indeed they could have.

Just like all of us would have accepted the first bid for our assets, without waiting for a more lucrative bid.

In an ideal world.....................................

They could have got out over five years ago by accepting Gordon Scott's bid.

What makes everyone think Gordon Scott would have invested more in the team than the current board? He wasn't prepared to meet the asking price and when he was on the board he was the one board member who allegedly did not put any of his money into the club each January to loan the club money when cash flow problems became an issue. His late involvement with 10000Hours was also geared towards getting his money for his shares back rather than putting money in.

What makes everyone think Gordon Scott would have invested more in the team than the current board? He wasn't prepared to meet the asking price and when he was on the board he was the one board member who allegedly did not put any of his money into the club each January to loan the club money when cash flow problems became an issue. His late involvement with 10000Hours was also geared towards getting his money for his shares back rather than putting money in.

I never said Gordon Scott was the messiah. I was merely replying to a post which talked about the current selling consortium being deserving of sympathy for not being able to get out.

Looking at where they are now - still unsold, heading for the Championship, a long drawn out 10000hours failure, and the first real criticism being fired at them since 1998...

Maybe they would have been better accepting an offer made five years ago. Did Gordon Scott's bid match their initial 2 million valuation? 1.5 million valuation? No it didn't.

Still, they thought they could get 2 million obviously. Looks like they were wrong.

Everyone talks about Gordon Scott (particularly about those who want to criticise our current board).

What were the specific details about his bid? Because I don't know them.

Did he have all the money himself? Or were others involved?

Everyone talks about Gordon Scott (particularly about those who want to criticise our current board).

What were the specific details about his bid? Because I don't know them.

Did he have all the money himself? Or were others involved?

Supposedly 800k for the shares with 200k earmarked for investment into the team?

Which, if even remotely accurate, is clearly well short of the 2 million price tag the selling consortium wanted five years ago. Which is merely the point I was clumsily trying to make - I wonder if that bid now looks decent, and would have saved five years worth of fraught 10000hours negotiations, leading to them being unable to sell the club doon' the boozer and now getting it in the neck for shite stewardship and duff managerial appointments most likely seeing us dumped into Irn Bru Fizzy Pop 1.

Making sure the club was sold to 'the right people' and 'leaving with heads held high and legacy intact' was the oft-quoted desire... Or maybe it was just the money.