The Appreciation Thread

Could it to be do with the tactics when they set up to defend set plays. Who picks up who and starting positions.

They will train for this every week, when they are on the pitch it is down to them. The number of goals we have conceded from set pieces is far too much. I don't blame the manager for that, I blame the players for not doing their jobs.

They will train for this every week, when they are on the pitch it is down to them. The number of goals we have conceded from set pieces is far too much. I don't blame the manager for that, I blame the players for not doing their jobs.

Depends what job they have been asked to do at set pieces, if as you say they train for these every week, can it possibly be the training which is wrong ? of course it can !

IM an MS are obviously not doing anywhere near a good job.

I now hear fellow fans saying they were wrong to think that IM was a good appointment, they have unbelievably stated the reason for them thinking he was a good appointment was that he had served his time in this league and would know how it worked. I decided to give him leeway but stated his Dumbarton team finishing 7th, last season and shipping 79 fecking goals in doing so, told me that he was unlikely to be any good. He had no favourable credentials to suggest he can cut it in this league and his assistant thinks that by just being an assistant at a club who never got relegated is a good thing to put on his CV.

Depends what job they have been asked to do at set pieces, if as you say they train for these every week, can it possibly be the training which is wrong ? of course it can !

IM an MS are obviously not doing anywhere near a good job.

I now hear fellow fans saying they were wrong to think that IM was a good appointment, they have unbelievably stated the reason for them thinking he was a good appointment was that he had served his time in this league and would know how it worked. I decided to give him leeway but stated his Dumbarton team finishing 7th, last season and shipping 79 fecking goals in doing so, told me that he was unlikely to be any good. He had no favourable credentials to suggest he can cut it in this league and his assistant thinks that by just being an assistant at a club who never got relegated is a good thing to put on his CV.

More often than note we are not winning the second ball, that's boys club stuff, not the manager but the players being flat footed. About time some of them started taking stick for not being at the races.

More often than note we are not winning the second ball, that's boys club stuff, not the manager but the players being flat footed. About time some of them started taking stick for not being at the races.

So it's not set pieces but second balls we are bad at now, can you not just admit the manager and his assistant are not very good at their job ?

Disagree bud, if Murray isn't happy with some players he can drop them, unless of course he doesn't have any options because he blew his budget on rubbish like Gow.

The buck stops with the manager and his wee mate and hopefully both become ex employees soon.

If Murray had any sort of willingness to learn he would have brought in an experienced assistant instead of a yes man with no experience beyond match analysis and putting out the cones.

Murray and his assistant are lost in space .........clueless and gutless ......... Reading the various threads it's obvious that there is a strong feeling that both have to go. I never imagined we could stoop so low. We are on the verge of colliding with a black hole which is called Div 1. Were are going to loose a lot more support over the next few weeks. Something needs to be done and as quickly as possible.

Could it to be do with the tactics when they set up to defend set plays. Who picks up who and starting positions.

Certainly was vs Falkirk. Long throw, one main target man who is a striker...Webster takes him. But no, oh woooooah wait no, Murray's instructions have evidently led to Goodwin picking him up. I don't care how modern the game is or how many badges Murray has, if the striker is the target then you put your frigging centre back on him.

Magnificent appointment. Dumbarton's league stats last season: Played 36, Won 9, Drew 7, Lost 20, For 36 Against 79 Goal Difference -43, Points 34. He has a great track record of signing guys not fancied at St Mirren (Van Zanten, Mair, Murray, P. McGinn) and has sold on lots of young players he has developed like, er, um ...

Looking not unlike the season ahead. Here's hoping the BoD google our next appointment before giving them the job.

In the highly unlikely event that the next 3 quarters go the same way as the first, Murray would finish the season with these stats:

Played 36 Won 4 Drew 16 Lost 16 Points 28 Goals Scored 40 Conceded 52. Goal Difference -12. Although we are scoring more and conceding less than Dumbarton did last year we are on course for less points if things don't improve.