The Appreciation Thread

No, not interviews. We can judge him on a detailed breakdown of last season's Dumbarton results, which clearly show him to be an un-inspired, under-achieving dud who is destined to fail, allowing a smug gobshite trolling cnut to come on and tell us all he knew it would happen and we should have appointed a manager he recommended, due to his intense and in-depth knowledge of the world soccer scene.

Either an under-appreciated world football genuis, or a gobshite. The forum can decide.

I'm sure the forum could decide some alternative terms.

I'll start with " boorish".

Ian Murray.... The guy we are so lucky to have as manager, who hasn't even spoken to the players yet! Good start 'Meltdown' that'll help build a cohesive unit.

Ah still whinging I see. How the feck do YOU know what our new manager has done? Can I remind you that the season has just ended, Scottish Cup and play off final excepted, so maybe the manager gave the team Monday off bearing in mind it was a Bank Holiday.

Why don't you just wait and see what our new manager actually does before criticising him.

Ah still whinging I see. How the feck do YOU know what our new manager has done? Can I remind you that the season has just ended, Scottish Cup and play off final excepted, so maybe the manager gave the team Monday off bearing in mind it was a Bank Holiday.

Why don't you just wait and see what our new manager actually does before criticising him.

Its unbelievable though should not come as a surprise. I'm sure there is going to be a forum melt down very soon when announcements are made of who is staying and who is going

I know because one of senior players was on national TV making excuses on the manager and clubs behalf that he had heard nothing from the board, and had not yet spoken to the new manager.

As manager of any team your first action should always be to communicate effectively with your team members, not arse around in the directors lounge trousering sausage rolls! What else is he doing if not engaging with his sole responsibility?

I know because one of senior players was on national TV making excuses on the manager and clubs behalf that he had heard nothing from the board, and had not yet spoken to the new manager.

As manager of any team your first action should always be to communicate effectively with your team members, not arse around in the directors lounge trousering sausage rolls! What else is he doing if not engaging with his sole responsibility?

Close to tears ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought Murray officially began the job on Monday?

Thommo's interview was recorded on Sunday. For all we know, Murray could have got in touch with him the following morning.

You're right what's the rush its only players that will have plenty of offers going out of contract. And i suppose if he loses them by default he can always say he was gonna let them go anyway? Why rush he’s got all summer to hoover up the dregs.

You're right what's the rush its only players that will have plenty of offers going out of contract. And i suppose if he loses them by default he can always say he was gonna let them go anyway? Why rush he’s got all summer to hoover up the dregs.

In some ways you remind me of me. When you come home from offshore you want everything to happen yesterday and now , not tomorrow

Patience my wife always tells me and of course she is right.

In some ways you remind me of me. When you come home from offshore you want everything to happen yesterday and now , not tomorrowPatience my wife always tells me and of course she is right.

You get that too? She usually tells me to hurry up that grumpy bugger is due back soon.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Be interesting to see how Stephen Aitken fares if Dumbarton appoint him as manager. The one that got away, or bullet dodged?

Decent season for him but he failed to take Stranraer up automatically or via play offs. Success for him will be to keep Dumbarton in the Championship much like Murray did two seasons running

In some ways you remind me of me. When you come home from offshore you want everything to happen yesterday and now , not tomorrow

Patience my wife always tells me and of course she is right.

After two weeks, patience went oot the window.

Be interesting to see what he does against us!

Why? He was never a contender or spoken about for the post. I assume your point is that he was a better choice than Murray for the job and should Dumbarton get a result against us you will be first in line to tell us "we picked the wrong man".

What his team or any other team does against us will be down to how we perform on the pitch with a new squad of players. If we hump Dumbarton will you then say Murray is a better manager despite us having more resources and better/full time players?

Aitken achieved nothing and is unlikely to achieve much with an equally small team. Don't get me wrong, he had his team playing well and they challenged all the way. However, in the end he failed in the play offs.

Edited by nedflanders123

Why? He was never a contender or spoken about for the post. I assume your point is that he was a better choice than Murray for the job and should Dumbarton get a result against us you will be first in line to tell us "we picked the wrong man".

What his team or any other team does against us will be down to how we perform on the pitch with a new squad of players. If we hump Dumbarton will you then say Murray is a better manager despite us having more resources and better/full time players?

Aitken achieved nothing and is unlikely to achieve much with an equally small team. Don't get me wrong, he had his team playing well and they challenged all the way. However, in the end he failed in the play offs.

A well diddly idly expressed and totally okely dokely right good neighbourino.... iddly