What Is There To Elderslie?

dave.j

I remember going to the swimming pool, which had a really distinctive smell of chlorine and cigarette smoke. Very rarely I catch that same smell (on holiday I think) and it takes me right back to Elderslie baths.

The first car I bought was from a guy in Elderslie, a wee clapped out saxo.

Kilbarchan and Lochwinnoch are well worth a look.

Kilbarchan is close to motorway some great pubs and village with a lot of character.

Lochwinnoch has everything and not as far out as some think. its got a train station , national cycle track , lake with all sort of sports clubs around it , bird sanctuary , shops , great pubs , golf course , indoor football , every kind of club you could think of. Local football team , history by the dozen. These are my two places in Renfrewshire that hit the spot

Love it

"I've moved to Elderslie... what is good about it?"

"It's near Kilbarchan and Lochwinnoch which are nice"!

After just returning for Islay, trust me all areas are dumps. Mind u old Houston is nice, bits of BOW and Kilmacolm , Elderslie has no being and no end . Crap Golf Course and I liked the old garage but now poxy flats. I say burn it down, but put out flames before Paisley

After just returning for Islay, trust me all areas are dumps. Mind u old Houston is nice, bits of BOW and Kilmacolm , Elderslie has no being and no end . Crap Golf Course and I liked the old garage but now poxy flats. I say burn it down, but put out flames before Paisley

St Andrews, Aberdour and Culross aren't dumps.

Where in Islay were you? Just back from there myself.

Should that be all areas have dumps? The dump area in Islay is ... PE

If that is meant to say beginning , I'd have to disagree . There are signs with a coat of arms when you approach Elderslie , apart from the one that was there as you left Linwood , that one seems to have gone . Maybe something to do with them wanting Asda in Linwood. .tongue.png

I'm a Paisley boy but we've been living in Elderslie for 9 years now and I love it.

True there isn't much "to do" but you are a 5 minute drive from St.Mirren Park, very close to the Motorway, the Cinema and a mainline train station is just a 20 minute walk away.

The primary school is very good and the Elderslie butcher is magnificent.

The Ajuba isn't bad for a weekend buffet, and the Amber Cuisine does a great takeaway.

Could be doing with a really nice pub but apart from that I've no complaints at all and don't ever plan on leaving :-)

I'm a Paisley boy but we've been living in Elderslie for 9 years now and I love it.

True there isn't much "to do" but you are a 5 minute drive from St.Mirren Park, very close to the Motorway, the Cinema and a mainline train station is just a 20 minute walk away.

The Ajuba isn't bad for a weekend buffet, and the Amber Cuisine does a great takeaway.

Could be doing with a really nice pub but apart from that I've no complaints at all and don't ever plan on leaving :-)

The Ajuba?

Last time I was in there the camp Indian waiter with the Weegie accent wanted to show me his cork trick!

I was afraid... very afraid.

Also... some meat in the buckets of sauce might have made for a better buffet!

You forgot to say how conveniently close it is to Lochwinnoch.

That's us into our second week in a Elderslie. Quite enjoying it so far, handy for the M8.

Had a cracking roll n sausage out the butchers, on Sunday morning. No raw onion, though.

Does anyone abide by the Nissa Customers Only, car park, if they are using the cash machine?

What two days of the week, is the petrol station doing cheap fuel?

Not really ventured out. Spent every bit of sun, gardening. Remembered, I love gardening. I've spent the last week on the phone to my mum, getting tips and sending her pictures of how the place has progressed.

The main road is really busy and folk are travelling at some rate, for a 30, by the way.

Are there any swing parks near by? Suitable for a three year old?

Cheers from everyone who's posted so far, some crackin stuff getting discussed. Love the wee gems of the local history.

Edited by dave.j

That's us into our second week in a Elderslie. Quite enjoying it so far, handy for the M8.

Had a cracking roll n sausage out the butchers, on Sunday morning. No raw onion, though.

Does anyone abide by the Nissa Customers Only, car park, if they are using the cash machine?

What two days of the week, is the petrol station doing cheap fuel?

Not really ventured out. Spent every bit of sun, gardening. Remembered, I love gardening. I've spent the last week on the phone to my mum, getting tips and sending her pictures of how the place has progressed.

The main road is really busy and folk are travelling at some rate, for a 30, by the way.

Are there any swing parks near by? Suitable for a three year old?

Cheers from everyone who's posted so far, some crackin stuff getting discussed. Love the wee gems of the local history.

I think the fuel is only cheap of a Saturday and even then , it can go up again in the evening. .

Even the cops don't use the carpark at Nisa , they were parked outside the other night with headlights on , pointing into the on coming traffic. .

You might be able to use the swings at Wallace school/nursery off Kings Cres. .