Gow Signs

Why can't you at least give it until Xmas to see if the justification is justified. Like most supporters have. FFS

Already seen what he can do, which doesn't include scoring goals. Still no one can leap to his defence to justify his signing..... Aye mibbaes he will find his level at Alloa and Greenock... Shame we have Hibs & Sevco at least eight times because that ain't his level as he has proved.

Already seen what he can do, which doesn't include scoring goals. Still no one can leap to his defence to justify his signing..... Aye mibbaes he will find his level at Alloa and Greenock... Shame we have Hibs & Sevco at least eight times because that ain't his level as he has proved.

That level being.1eye.gif

Same as above, bit of an underwhelming signing to say the least.

Only thing I would say, there have been plenty of players over the years that have done well in the 1st division (championship) but just can't replicate that in the spl.

Maybe Gow will do ok at this level.

(I realise this is a bit of a stretch!!)

The classic underestimation of the quality beneath the SPL . St Mirren managers , players and fans have been guilty of it for the last 45 years !

On what do you base that? I don't remember ever underestimating the opposition when we have been in the lower league. I suspect that being one of top 3 wage bills next season, will comfortably get us into the play offs. Gow is exactly the kind of signing we need at this level. He has pace and ability. More like him please.

Just watched this on Youtube Woah what a player. Leaving sarcasm aside, he's with us for better or worse. Hope he does well. Might just be able to cope with this level

https://youtu.be/CycQjIJO3X8[/size]

Yip one to treasure considering he's scored the massive total of 31 goals in the last EIGHT years.... He's our 3.875 goals a season man now!

Look at who Dumbarton have signed... Look at who Queen of the South have signed..... Then look at our sorry arsed attempt...

Are we the new Sevco..? Only signing over the hill fuds that no one else will pay their wage demands? Wake up people and smell the awfy.....

Wasting most of his life making himself look like an arse.

Look at who Dumbarton have signed... Look at who Queen of the South have signed..... Then look at our sorry arsed attempt...

Are we the new Sevco..? Only signing over the hill fuds that no one else will pay their wage demands? Wake up people and smell the awfy.....

So, please enlighten me about the quality that Dumbarton and QOS have brought in. Sorry but if they are so good would they be going to those clubs? Don't confuse bringing in ex amount of players meaning quality. None signed by those clubs concern me. I would still rather our manager took a bit more time to bring in quality rather than rushing to simply get numbers in. When we worry about Dumbarton and QOS then we are truly fecked.

We are a championship team and as such we were not capable of a premiership challenge as you call it. So we are below that level you mention based on last season quite someway below it for now. Gow may or may not havecyou decent season but I highly doubt he got a years contract based on allegedly being a mate of Murray. Whether you or I or anyone agrees or bot with the signing is irrelevant. Gow needs to impress no-one outside the club to be honest only the management team. Murray stated he wants 8 signings. Gow is ONE of them personally what ever he has done of not done previously carries no credence with me it's what now happens come season kick off

Teams capable of competing in the premiership, and likely to contest promotion/play off spots.

Both of whom ended in double figures behind the eventual winners of the Championship.

One bottled it against a Zombie mob who had struggled overcome their previous Championship opponents.

The Zombies were then quite literarily hammered by a Premier League team who themselves were well below the average of that league.

Yep. Capable.... capable indeed!

So, please enlighten me about the quality that Dumbarton and QOS have brought in. Sorry but if they are so good would they be going to those clubs? Don't confuse bringing in ex amount of players meaning quality. None signed by those clubs concern me. I would still rather our manager took a bit more time to bring in quality rather than rushing to simply get numbers in. When we worry about Dumbarton and QOS then we are truly fecked.

We have re-signed a striker who has not scored a single goal for us... And averages 3.875 over the last eight years. Is this the quality you speak of?

I think he is an okay squad player for next season, though why was he offered a 1 year contract based upon last season, considering he has a history of injuries, though Sadlier has to do a pre season to prove himself?

Aye bizarre is it no? Sadlier can make things happen, Gow kills the move stone dead! Of course Sadlier isn't Murray's ex-Sevco mate.

Edited by Lord Pityme

We are a championship team and as such we were not capable of a premiership challenge as you call it. So we are below that level you mention based on last season quite someway below it for now. Gow may or may not havecyou decent season but I highly doubt he got a years contract based on allegedly being a mate of Murray. Whether you or I or anyone agrees or bot with the signing is irrelevant. Gow needs to impress no-one outside the club to be honest only the management team. Murray stated he wants 8 signings. Gow is ONE of them personally what ever he has done of not done previously carries no credence with me it's what now happens come season kick off

So the fact he was gash last season, didn't try in most games, and scored nothing is irrelevant when deciding to offer him a new deal? I guess if you are recruiting someone for a job as Fireman, but find out he cant put out fires you would sign him up anyway?

Aye maybe he'll be ok putting out fires somewhere else?

I'm in two minds over this one. On one hand, Gow has often flattered to deceive wherever he's been. On the other hand, I do think there is a decent footballer in there, it's just a question of if he can show it for us, and show it often enough to have an impact. On the age front, he's non spring chicken, but at the same time I think we need some experience, so his presence isn't a bad thing. On the fence.

Aye bizarre is it no? Sadlier can make things happen, Gow kills the move stone dead! Of course Sadlier isn't Murray's ex-Sevco mate.

You are seriously on the wind up here. Time you put this Murray's mate crap to bed. Judge Murray on his squad and performance of the team when a ball is kicked. You have a dislike of our new manager simply because he was not your choice. He has resigned an experienced player on his judgement. Only time will tell whether Gow can do a job in a lower league. To accuse his signing as an old pals act is daft and disrespectful to our new manager.

Edited by nedflanders123