Tv Box Set - Scandal Wow !

I thought so at first, but it's just another zombie apocalypse tale in the end, Shaun of the dead is still the dogs bollox in the zombie genre zorro.gif

I thought it was quite humorous, though I'm not convinced that was intentional.

Zombieland was a hoot. Woody Harrleson (sp?) was brilliant in it, and it was most certainly intentionally humorous.

Edited by Drew

I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .

I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!!

My life is my own. .

The Prisoner.......Loved it.

Always fancied going to Portmerion where it was filmed, never managed it yet. Would be a nice run on the Bike if the sun stayed out long enough.....

The Prisoner.......Loved it.

Always fancied going to Portmerion where it was filmed, never managed it yet. Would be a nice run on the Bike if the sun stayed out long enough.....

Been there a couple of times , it is well worth the trip. It is like nothing you will see anywhere else but you may be surprised at just how small it is and indeed , how small some of the buildings they filmed in are . .

Going back to the OP's comments, I've watched Scandal from it's outset and would certainly agree it's engrossing with it's many twists and turns. Albeit some absolutely ludicrous.

I have one criticism though and that is that the director seems to have every character emphasising in the same aggressive manner to the extent that one is far too similar to the other. Whenever an emphasis is needed all actors seem to revert to the same, in your face, abrupt dialogue which kind of merges all the personas and detracts from the adventure.

Nonetheless a good escape.

Having just read "what I wrote" I'm off to read a comic.

I recommend Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Walking Dead, NCIS LosAngeles & Entourage. Started watching Strike Back, off to a promising start & after that I'm going to give Banshee a try, heard good things

Banshee is superb. Recently watched Sleepy Hollow, Supernatural season 9, Defiance and Spartacus. The latter is the most graphic show I have ever seen.

Spartacus was marred by John Hannah but certainly pushed the boundaries. When the first season Spartacus character died in real life the the second season was poor by comparison . .

I took to the new guy much easier than I thought. Enjoyed all seasons including Gods of the Arena. John Hannah was OK in my books but hated him in The Mummy.

Can only imagine the violence part on Spatacus if not as graphic as the Blood Eagle scene in S2 of Vikings as it's proper gruesome

Trust me when I say that some scenes in Spartacus makes the Blood Eagle scene look like a kid's picnic. The fight scenes in the Arena and battle scenes are ultra violent where anything goes.

Watching an episode of The Sweeney on ITV4 (caught the last 30 seconds of The Profesionals & more importantly the theme tune whistling.gif ) which was on just before.

Guest villains on this episode were the late Warren Clarke and the ever-excellent Jim Norton (Bishop Brennan from Father Ted).

Nostalgia!

PS - Anyone got any thoughts on Wayward Pines?

PPS - I wait in trepidation for the adaption of Philip K. Dick's novel The Man In The High Castle to hit my TV screen.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Watching an episode of The Sweeney on ITV4 (caught the last 30 seconds of The Profesionals & more importantly the theme tune :whistle ) which was on just before.

Guest villains on this episode were the late Warren Clarke and the ever-excellent Jim Norton (Bishop Brennan from Father Ted).

Nostalgia!

PS - Anyone got any thoughts on Wayward Pines?

PPS - I wait in trepidation for the adaption of Philip K. Dick's novel The Man In The High Castle to hit my TV screen.

Loving Wayward Pine. Great twist in episode 5.