New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

I don't think it's a con. I do believe that would be unfair on the Fan Council - they have obviously discssed at length how they want to fund the 1877 Club, and this is what they came up with. An empty void cannot turn into a club without some sort of investment to clean the place up, fit it out to some degree, and turn it from the 'void' into something fit for purpose. I genuinely do not think conning people was in their mind.

Kombi Buddie's idea appeals more to me - £50 to become a member, 1877 members, but no guarantee of entry. There are guys who have signed up to play B&W Army five a sides in the dome, but aren't guaranteed a game, aren't there? I'd have paid £50. In fact, if it was trumpeted as really being 'our' bar - if the Fan Council had rallied the support to help with any skills they have to facilitate a fit-out, and really give it a sense of being our place, I would certainly have offered my design skills and contacts in the graphics industry to do signage, or get photos of legends printed and framed. Supporters could maybe have been asked to donate memorabilia and a wee sort of Saints museum could have been created on the walls?

Anyway - caffeine hasn't kicked in, time for a Tesco 5 strength pod and a bowl of Bran Flakes...

Con was the wrong word to use, I don't believe anyone is trying to con anyone out of money. I just think it's a bit cheeky to ask for more money. Why not make it that you have to be a season ticket holder to get in. As we all pay in advance with no guarantee of value for money ala last season

Whilst it is a great project to finally be getting off the ground. I too believe the model is not the right one for a supporters bar.

I wish you well with it but I believe it won't be too long before a rethink is on the cards. Hopefully, the ideas being discussed on this thread provides some food for thought if a rethink does happen.

It isn't too late though to start the rethink now though

I'd have gone for 1877 Lifetime members at £50 which would realise £93500. {How many season ticket holders, forum members etc etc. 1877 at £50 each isn't imho unrealistic}

No idea how much to kit out the void but that can't be far away.

If licensing could be got, it could be open at other times & possibly hired out for functions with a discount being given for members therefore getting some of the initial £50 outlay back if a member books the place for a private do.

Like all clubs/pubs/venues that does not have infinite space, entry is on a 1st come 1st served basis. 1 out 1 in when capacityis reached with a nominal charge for entry on the door {would pay for the door staff + some}.

I've wandered into many a pub, opened the door & thought, that's rammed, i'll go elsewhere. There can/should be no difference here unless an exclusive club is the aim.

If entry is guaranteed to members, they could rock up at 2:45 for a quick pint before the match & if 300 rock up at 2:45 ish, not a lot of drinks is going to get sold.

1st come 1st served will encourage people to make it their watering hole of choice on matchdays & those who enjoy a few scoops pre-match will be inclined to come down earlier to try guarantee getting in, therefore buying more drinks over a longer period of time & spending a few more quid and maximising beer selling time.

However it pans out, I wish the venture every success

I would sign up for that even though I would hardly ever get to a game,more along the lines of being a part of something Saints minded and helping the Club with a few quid.

They've made a few...

Another is the reference to the "historic" strip. They say it's historic because it's the first time ever that saints supporters have designed a strip.

Didn't Poz design some? Pretty sure I'd class him as a Saints supporter.

Fantastic strip they designed though, well done on that one.

The historic tag seems to be something JD Sports came up with - it's been used to plug the new Ross County kit too.

Given the financial risk with this venture, the planning needs to be spot on, before it is fully implemented.

IMO it would be folly to proceed with the current plan, given some of the really sensible suggestions posted on this thread, which could help maximise The Void's usage.

If it really is the fans council, for all fans, then I believe that they need to re-think how this is rolled out and make sure as many fans as possible have access to this facility.

I applaud their intent and effort, but it seems to me that there is a need for better organisation, which in turn should lead to greater transparency and sustained fan involvement.

Edited by FTOF

Space should always be made available to Away fans.

They could be the difference in making it a sellout every Match.

We should be mixing with them in this day and age anyway.

Space should always be made available to Away fans.

They could be the difference in making it a sellout every Match.

We should be mixing with them in this day and age anyway.

I look forward to you enjoying a pint with the Sevco fans.whistling.gif

I would sign up for that even though I would hardly ever get to a game,more along the lines of being a part of something Saints minded and helping the Club with a few quid.

Im the same mate as I work shifts. Good to see something being done with the void but think there are far better ways of doing it (many on this thread) than the one being implemented.

Edited by Big_Mougie

It all sounds a bit elitist to me so I'll probably continue drinking in pubs in the town where I can still wear colours, meet mates and watch games on the telly. Although it would stlll be elitist to some extent, I think a better way would have been to add 20 quid or so to season tickets to fund it and simply have a first come, first served basis. That would also have the additional benefit of people arriving earlier if it's really popular so spending more than someone with a guaranteed entry turning up 30 minutes before kick off.

I fully expect 300 members to support this but that won't garuantee a success.

Great idea, terrible subscription and entry structure.

Boom. This.

The continued posting of application numbers by the FC suggests they see getting to 3 hunderd as being an achievment. Beyond that little seems to matter.

This doesn't appear to be an inclusive venture.

Sadly, the model doesn't appear to have been robustly developed before being launched.

THe attitudes on display from FC representitives shows why fan ownership is NOT the way forward.

Edited by civilsaint

Provided the risk/reward profile was appropriate I'd be delighted if Kibble were back in the frame.

Firstly, It's what community clubs do and secondly, Kibble have a track record in making a success of projects. Just look at their recent Hillington venture (Tourist Board 5 star):

the-experience-lst167204.jpg

11400996_425985600915119_109841898136761

The issue with Kibble last time round was they were going to run the bar/function suite, pay buttons rent and take the lionshare of profit. If it eas them most of your subs would be going to them, not the club. Again that is if it is them, why are the details so sketchy? Any FC members looking in care to put us right on this one.

The issue with Kibble last time round was they were going to run the bar/function suite, pay buttons rent and take the lionshare of profit. If it eas them most of your subs would be going to them, not the club. Again that is if it is them, why are the details so sketchy? Any FC members looking in care to put us right on this one

Like I said, all abou the risk/reward profile. I don't have any issue at all with those who take the risk making a good profit.

just read through all the posts interesting , for me and my son it would be £255 over the first year, nearly £15 a game before a drinks bought the pricing has to be looked at tbh

This. It would be like charging a fiver a pint 1eye.gif