New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

Anyway I'm a member of the best Saints supporters club in the world, there is no membership fee, it is open to all and it meets wherever there are two or more Saints supporters. I've had far too many great times in the pubs in and around Paisley and much further afield commiserating, celebrating, meeting friends and discussing all things Saints to join.

Great club that.

• 3 weeks later...

In the club bar yesterday prior to the game there were around 9 fans there at 1pm. Around 40 at 2pm and no more than 50 just prior to the game. Around 40 after the game for an hour. At £2 entry I would have thought it would have been busier so if 200 fans are going to pay £10 a month where were they all yesterday ?

To be fair it is still holiday time. Although not for me it has to be judged over a much longer period than one Saturday in July.

That's true but I have been in it often and it has never been busy. Also fair to say some fans might not have known about it being opened.

That's true but I have been in it often and it has never been busy. Also fair to say some fans might not have known about it being opened.

Is Kendo your alternative Username ? whistling.gif

The reason the matchday bar was quiet was that fifty fans were stuck outside trying to negotiate a way past the signage board in the middle of Ferguslie Park Avenue, thirty fans were still heading to the ground from Silverburn and Braehead where they are forced to try and find our new shirts on the opening day of the season, and finally, ten families were in the Paisley Centre waiting for the Fire & Rescue Service to free their children from St Mirren shirts stuck over their heads.

Edited by pozbaird

• 3 weeks later...

I think 200 paying members is a fine number, and would leave 100 slots for "pay on the day" punters. I'd just leave it at that, and not even have sign in rights myself, just open it up to 100 punters on matchday, first come first served, £5 at the door, and the 200 that pay every month can roll up whenever they like.

Not my gig but that's how I'd run it.

I posted interest in joining then had to pull out due to others i know who made the decision not to join, they quoted the sign up fee and lack of feeling that it would be a good place to drink before the game. They also stated that having a pint in the pubs in the town was part and parcel of matchday and they didnt want to give that up whilst having to pay for giving it up. Like i said before if it feels right for you then you can sign up for it, not pleasing to hear that it did not achieve the 300 membersship, with me to blame for being one of the backtrackers.

I think 200 paying members is a fine number, and would leave 100 slots for "pay on the day" punters. I'd just leave it at that, and not even have sign in rights myself, just open it up to 100 punters on matchday, first come first served, £5 at the door, and the 200 that pay every month can roll up whenever they like.

I'd go for 240 + 60 - there should be an opportunity for members to sign in a limited number of guests.

If the club have the slightest interest in making it a success they would drop the membership scheme completely and open it up for the first 300 in each match-day, £5 a ticket to include a drink/pie. It would also appeal to some main stand ST holders who could for a premium have direct access before, at half time and after the game.

There are supporters clubs/bars at most grounds that let away fans in for nowt as its so feckin hard to make them pay. This is already a White Elephant in a big drafty room!

I would scrap the whole original membership idea.

Open it at every home match for all comers. Home and away fans.

Charge a nominal entry fee, £1 or £2, if at all.

Simple.

I am no being a sniper. Lol

Agreed, the best model. I decided against joining in the end, this weekend being a good example why. Few mates are all coming through for the game and I want to drink with them, the bar wouldn't allow that.

And a limited number of places still available? 50 out of 300 isn't limited...

If the club have the slightest interest in making it a success they would drop the membership scheme completely and open it up for the first 300 in each match-day, £5 a ticket to include a drink/pie. It would also appeal to some main stand ST holders who could for a premium have direct access before, at half time and after the game.

There are supporters clubs/bars at most grounds that let away fans in for nowt as its so feckin hard to make them pay. This is already a White Elephant in a big drafty room!

Agreed. It's a farce. Other supporters would rightly label this a drinking club for mugs.

Why dont the supporters clubs just open the doors. First come first serve. St mirren tops only. Non members pay at door entry. Drop the member fee to a minimal fee.. like 20 quid a year. Will be full from midday every saturday as people will want in. More profit - more happy pished peeps. Members who appear at half 2 on a saturday wont lose out on much.

The way they plan to do it wont work. Lagoon gym can probably hold about.80-100 people at a time. I think they may have more members than that.

To increase revenue why not beam back away games to the stadium and show it to the people who cant get to them. Surely an earner? And a full pub every saturday with a few sundays and fridays thrown in.

We wanted the void to be filled and a bar to be installed. This is now in the process of being done and a new club will evolve.

Well done to everyone involved in getting this off the ground.

The shame is we can all see it dying a slow lingering death... But the powers that be are in denial.

Think how great it would be to have a saints pub, open every day at the stadium?

The shame is we can all see it dying a slow lingering death... But the powers that be are in denial.

Think how great it would be to have a saints pub, open every day at the stadium?

The shame is you're negative about almost everything the club does.

Including new manager, players etc according to you nearly everything is going down the tubes.

This ain't dying any death, it will evolve and succeed as long as supporters want a bar.

Well done to all that had the balls to get this off the ground when others sit back and do nothing but complain. You guys did something.

The shame is you're negative about almost everything the club does.

Including new manager, players etc according to you nearly everything is going down the tubes.

This ain't dying any death, it will evolve and succeed as long as supporters want a bar.

Well done to all that had the balls to get this off the ground when others sit back and do nothing but complain. You guys did something.

Aye well we will see how it pans out. Given every other supporters club/bar lets away fans in for free might just be an indicator..?

The thing is... It doesn't give supporters a bar, it gives a clique a club to do with as they wish!