New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

Div you yourself have put forward ideas as well as many other fans. I don't think we are being too critical of the FC . Many of us think it's not been thought through properly including your good self.

Yes mate, I don't agree with the model, but there are ways and means of posting those views. If it's getting personal then that's poor. These are fellow buds giving up their own time to try and help the fans.

They won't always get it right, and personally speaking I don't think they have got this one right, but I don't think they deserve some of the comments they have got on it.

Maybe I'm too sensitive :-)

I think I've said enough on the subject.

I sinceraly hope it works out well and is profitable for the club.

Good luck to the fans council, I hope it's a succes but I won't be subscribing under this structure.

Maybe santaponsasaint can sign me in as a guest one day if it's allowed.

Cheers :)

Edited by davidg

I think I've said enough on the subject.

I sinceraly hope it works out well and is profitable for the club.

Good luck to the fans council, I hope it's a succes but I won't be subscribing under this structure.

Maybe santaponsasaint can sign me in as a guest one day if it's allowed.

Cheers :)

Better chance he'll sign me in ????

Supporter Club Update

Just providing an update re New Supporters Club and giving feedback on points raised by our fellow supporters.

Firstly every Fans Council member who wishes to join the new SMFC 1877 Supporters Club will pay the same rate and on the same terms as every other supporter who joins. Our minutes reflect we do not want any preferential treatment nor do we seek it.

The biggest talking point on this forum would appear to be about "signing in" a mate.

We have obviously discussed this issue so it's not news to us. There are a number of difficulties with this such as the following:

How do we ensure there is no overcrowding ?

How do we make sure that regular paying members are not disadvantaged by the odd supporter who turns up from time to time.

Do we rely on a system where members advise us they will not be using the facility and free up a place ? Who manages this ?

When you sign a pal in does he get in free when members are paying their monthly contribution ? Of course not !

We are open to suggestions to resolve this in a fair manner which DOES NOT disadvantage our paying supporter club members

Let us put it another way ....

Would you like to go to a sports cafe bar where St.Mirren supporters are welcome ?

Would you like to be encouraged to wear your club scarfs and St.Mirren tops in the bar ?

Would you like to be in an environment which encourages the singing of Saints songs ( the clean ones) ?

Would you like to meet Saints players after a game for a chat ?

Would you prefer to put your hard earned money in to the football club you support or a local bar owner ?

If the answer is YES there are only 75 places available at this time on Friday evening at 6pm

The choice is yours.

This is your supporters club !

Bizarre statement.

This whole situation is a typical SMFC shambles.

Why do we have two separate fans groups working to push the club forward, one sanctioned by the Board and one not?

All supporters efforts should be directed at SMISA to gain influence and control to ultimately take over Fan Ownership.

The Fans Council appear patsy's of the BOD. The Board are happy to take the effort and money raised, but don't try and gain any influence on our structure or decision making by buying shares or anything.

Great work BOD, divide and rule,

SGG is the new Ceasar, or is it Nero........

Whilst it is a great project to finally be getting off the ground. I too believe the model is not the right one for a supporters bar.

I wish you well with it but I believe it won't be too long before a rethink is on the cards. Hopefully, the ideas being discussed on this thread provides some food for thought if a rethink does happen.

It isn't too late though to start the rethink now though

I'd have gone for 1877 Lifetime members at £50 which would realise £93500. {How many season ticket holders, forum members etc etc. 1877 at £50 each isn't imho unrealistic}

No idea how much to kit out the void but that can't be far away.

If licensing could be got, it could be open at other times & possibly hired out for functions with a discount being given for members therefore getting some of the initial £50 outlay back if a member books the place for a private do.

Like all clubs/pubs/venues that does not have infinite space, entry is on a 1st come 1st served basis. 1 out 1 in when capacityis reached with a nominal charge for entry on the door {would pay for the door staff + some}.

I've wandered into many a pub, opened the door & thought, that's rammed, i'll go elsewhere. There can/should be no difference here unless an exclusive club is the aim.

If entry is guaranteed to members, they could rock up at 2:45 for a quick pint before the match & if 300 rock up at 2:45 ish, not a lot of drinks is going to get sold.

1st come 1st served will encourage people to make it their watering hole of choice on matchdays & those who enjoy a few scoops pre-match will be inclined to come down earlier to try guarantee getting in, therefore buying more drinks over a longer period of time & spending a few more quid and maximising beer selling time.

However it pans out, I wish the venture every success

Edited by Kombi Buddie

Changed my mind

Stop everything right there.

Rip it all up .

Start again with everybody ( most ) on board.

Give us summat in the Void we can all cherish and be proud of.

And profitable for the Club.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a bit of a con. £50 joining fee then £10 per month on top of my season ticket, somewhere in the region of an extra £170 a season. I would be cheaper drinking elsewhere and getting a taxi to the ground on match days.

I don't think it's a con. I do believe that would be unfair on the Fan Council - they have obviously discssed at length how they want to fund the 1877 Club, and this is what they came up with. An empty void cannot turn into a club without some sort of investment to clean the place up, fit it out to some degree, and turn it from the 'void' into something fit for purpose. I genuinely do not think conning people was in their mind.

Kombi Buddie's idea appeals more to me - £50 to become a member, 1877 members, but no guarantee of entry. There are guys who have signed up to play B&W Army five a sides in the dome, but aren't guaranteed a game, aren't there? I'd have paid £50. In fact, if it was trumpeted as really being 'our' bar - if the Fan Council had rallied the support to help with any skills they have to facilitate a fit-out, and really give it a sense of being our place, I would certainly have offered my design skills and contacts in the graphics industry to do signage, or get photos of legends printed and framed. Supporters could maybe have been asked to donate memorabilia and a wee sort of Saints museum could have been created on the walls?

Anyway - caffeine hasn't kicked in, time for a Tesco 5 strength pod and a bowl of Bran Flakes...

Bizarre statement.

They've made a few...

Another is the reference to the "historic" strip. They say it's historic because it's the first time ever that saints supporters have designed a strip.

Didn't Poz design some? Pretty sure I'd class him as a Saints supporter.

Fantastic strip they designed though, well done on that one.

They've made a few...

Another is the reference to the "historic" strip. They say it's historic because it's the first time ever that saints supporters have designed a strip.

Didn't Poz design some? Pretty sure I'd class him as a Saints supporter.

Fantastic strip they designed though, well done on that one.

You'll NEVER get signed in if you keep this up. tongue.png

I think the council should really have engaged the fans beforehand with an online questionnaire offering different options and see what the consensus amongst the wider support was.

The statement about supporting local pub owners was poor btw, alot of sponsorship over the years has came from various paisley pubs, they deserve some support in return.