Jamie Langfield - Signs 2 Year Deal

:lol:

So we haven't been patently talking to him for several weeks despite his family, his team mates and indeed himself on twitter suggesting otherwise?

Well if we have, how did it take so long? Why did he have to leave Aberdeen first?

I guess he wanted to come here but I hope we weren't having negotiations with a player who was under contract with another club. That's not allowed afterall.

Decent signing. A bit more experience around a pretty young squad. Agree with the others on here, Webster and Shankland should see us in pretty good shape. Incredible how different Saturday's line up will be compared to the first home leage game last season

Well if we have, how did it take so long? Why did he have to leave Aberdeen first?

I guess he wanted to come here but I hope we weren't having negotiations with a player who was under contract with another club. That's not allowed afterall.

Of course it is, if the club who holds the contract allows it. Probably the deal was dependent on Aberdeen coming to some deal with him about the remainder of his contract.

I'm guessing he had to leave Aberdeen first because you can't be signed permanently for more than 1 club!

Doh!

Seriously, he'll no doubt have been negotiating a pay off with Aberdeen and didn't want to commit elsewhere until it was tied up.

A bit like someone getting a new job lined up but waiting for a redundancy pay off from his current employer.

Clangers signs and another name is added to my signature, the ever growing list of players who have worn the Red and Yellow, and the Black and White.

Good luck to him, a top lad who always took a ribbing from the Firhill Shed with good humour after he left us.

I'm guessing he had to leave Aberdeen first because you can't be signed permanently for more than 1 club!

Doh!

Seriously, he'll no doubt have been negotiating a pay off with Aberdeen and didn't want to commit elsewhere until it was tied up.

A bit like someone getting a new job lined up but waiting for a redundancy pay off from his current employer.

Yeah well he could have came to us straight from Aberdeen, like Gallacher came to us straight from The New Club.

But yes I agree he was tying up his release from Aberdeen before looking elsewhere.

Don't think it was just a case of him leaving Aberdeen and signing for us straight away. This move has been on the go all summer.

Few factors to take in. He has a young family up in Aberdeen who will have been at school ect so he has to uproot them, find a school down here for them to go to.

Also Aberdeen were in Europe, if 1 of their keepers got injured he would have been required to either go on the bench or play.

Finally done though and I think its a great signing for us. Highest clean sheet holder in SPL history, experienced enough to coach Ridgers, not only that he can challenge him for the no1 jersey.

He spotted me wearing my Saints top in Viennas on a night out after the football. Aberdeen played Celtic in Glasgow, MacDonald dived to get a penalty so he was still a bit bitter. He kissed my Saints badge and said f**k the Old Firm, he is a legend in my eyes already!