Useless Bbc

Looked at the BBC Darts page as the World Matchplay was on today.

Last updated on 15th June ......

They really are useless at times,unfortunately all too often. And not just on the sport pages.

BBC Highland and Islands news page is often woefully late in updating.

Need a good boot up the a**e imho.

Edited by thomsons dropped it

Not enough money to pay for the staff. I think the website should be cut back drastically before they start making cuts to radio and tv.

Broadcasting should be the BBC's priority, not online content. There are plenty of other ways to get news online.

The BBC isn't without its problems, but we'd miss it like hell if it was gone. When there's 911 or the 7/7 attacks, who turns on STV or Sky? You want the BBC. Sit down on any normal weekday morning and watch the BBC - then switch to ITV and you'll get Lorainne Kelly and some gurning tooth-whitened goon slabbering about the latest handbag and shoes combo' to be seen in this summer. When Suzannah Reid announced she was leaving BBCs Breakfast Time, two things immediately sprung into my mind. One - there goes her career on a downward spiral, and Two - there goes my morning hard-on...

The arts on the more obscure channels. The music. Glastonbury, Later with Jools.... The radio stations. The people abroad who depend on BBC overseas services. It is far from perfect, but so is the RBS for example, yet I have banked with their Johnstone Church Street branch for thirty-six years with zero problems. Who is perfect? St Mirren!?

Without getting into a big debate about nationalism, personally, I am Scottish first and foremost, but feel British too. The BBC is a big part of makes our tiny island what it is.

Sportscene is pish though!

Edited by pozbaird

I watch the BBC a fair bit and would not want it taken apart but I can't help feeling that they don't help themselves at times . What they did at the Golf leaves them open to criticism,and quite rightly in this instance. Surely not too much to give a little coverage to two home players at the top end of their home Open.

To the reason I started this thread, does nobody at the Beeb sports department have a run through their own content now and again ?? Looks like it.

A bit like nobody taking care of the St Mirren HoF Boards.....whistling.gif

If Sportscene is pish then they must have had a recent upgrade.lol.gif

I like the BBC and enjoy a lot of their television output..

I love the Scottish Football on the Radio, especially " Open Aw Mics " when Saints are away. Also " Off the Ball " is fabulous and legendary.

Minor irritations are when Professional Pundits ( Journalists & Ex Players ) get things badly wrong due to laziness, thickness or not doing their homework.

Normally to the detriment to the smaller Clubs.

Like our Stadium constantly be referred to as " New St Mirren Park ".

And the top league being called " The SPFL " when it's the " SPFL Premiership "

I like the BBC and enjoy a lot of their television output..

I love the Scottish Football on the Radio, especially " Open Aw Mics " when Saints are away. Also " Off the Ball " is fabulous and legendary.

Minor irritations are when Professional Pundits ( Journalists & Ex Players ) get things badly wrong due to laziness, thickness or not doing their homework.

Normally to the detriment to the smaller Clubs.

Like our Stadium constantly be referred to as " New St Mirren Park ".

And the top league being called " The SPFL " when it's the " SPFL Premiership "

In fairness it's likely they think it stupid to call any league in Scotland a "Premier" League.

BBC certainly lost a lot of friends with their biased referendum coverage.....

...but then having to reply on Radio Clyde for your Saturday football reporting? Nah f**k that.

It needs a lot of reform, and aye, it should probably cut back in a few areas and concentrate on what its good at.

They did sack that c**t Clarkson though so that's a good start.

Is biased coverage going to change your mind.

Not mine.

Who cares?

Blue and Green Vermin have been shoved down our throats for ever.

We are still St Mirren Supporters.

Think for yirself, if possible.

Is biased coverage going to change your mind.

Not mine.

Who cares?

Blue and Green Vermin have been shoved down our throats for ever.

We are still St Mirren Supporters.

Think for yirself, if possible.

That last line sums up the problem, shull, too many people incapable of doing just that.

:(

BBC certainly lost a lot of friends with their biased referendum coverage.....

The Yes campaign certainly lost a lot of votes as a result of the ridiculous nationalist campaign against the BBC.

We had a bunch of Rangers fans marching on the BBC because they are biased against Rangers and to this day they are the Bigoted Broadcasting Corp.

The reality is that the BBC get attacked by small minority extremist nutjobs from all walks of life.

The extremist nationalist element is just one.

I gave up watching most live TV a long time ago and no longer have a license. However I have a subscription to Netflix; have BT Sport free as part of my broadband (basic only but that gives Scottish games) and I buy DVDs which more than suits my needs. 'Catch-up' is also useful.

However I have no love whatsoever for the BBC. If people want to pay their £150 or whatever that is their choice. But with their biased coverage, propaganda outpourings, outrageous salaries, cover-ups (eg internal peados and not pursuing establishment cover-ups in case they lose license money), and sheer waste of money on expenses and duplication then I do not know how anyone can think they are getting value for money with their license. But your choice. I would not be a happy bunny if the license is dumped in favour of some sort of tax. License or subscription for those that watch it but for those that do not then do not force a payment on us.

I gave up watching most live TV a long time ago and no longer have a license. However I have a subscription to Netflix; have BT Sport free as part of my broadband (basic only but that gives Scottish games) and I buy DVDs which more than suits my needs. 'Catch-up' is also useful.

However I have no love whatsoever for the BBC. If people want to pay their £150 or whatever that is their choice. But with their biased coverage, propaganda outpourings, outrageous salaries, cover-ups (eg internal peados and not pursuing establishment cover-ups in case they lose license money), and sheer waste of money on expenses and duplication then I do not know how anyone can think they are getting value for money with their license. But your choice. I would not be a happy bunny if the license is dumped in favour of some sort of tax. License or subscription for those that watch it but for those that do not then do not force a payment on us.

While I don't wish to dispute any of your points it's a very one sided post.

The BBC produce many great dramas, cover sport, overall, very well, great documentaries and innovative childrens TV.

All for less than £3 a week, most on here will waste that buying a pint of shite lager.

The BBC produce many great dramas, cover sport, overall, very well, great documentaries and innovative childrens TV.

All for less than £3 a week, most on here will waste that buying a pint of shite lager.

No me , Boss.

Good post though.

How very dare you say £3 WASTED on lager. So what you're saying is I could get an extra beer a week if I cancelled my license? It's a no brainer.

I do not dispute that Faraway but they also produce a lot of stuff I am not interested in. They try to be all things to all people. With Netflix I pay for and can watch exactly what I want like great HBO productions (eg Breaking Bad) which in my humble opinion have now overtaken the BBC for high quality drama. (Note for Netflix I pay £15 per annum as you can have multiple ids on one account). I can also watch some BBC drama via Netflix as well as loads of great world TV shows like The KIlling. And have the pint of lager as I watch :)

As I said it is a matter of choice and as I do not watch TV that much £15 is a lot better than ten times that. The BBC is now, IMHO, a semi-political organisation which is wasteful of resources. I would prefer to give my savings to charity or a carry-out :)

My only criticism of the BBC is that it's too big these days to be efficient and money is leaking out of every orifice. However as a media network the content is second to none. Many of the best TV programmes are on the BBC and many of those programmes are massive worldwide exports - like Top Gear. Their coverage of major sporting events like Wimbledon, Formula One, the Olympics and even the Commonwealth Games was second to none and there web content is amongst some of the best free content on the web across a massive range of subjects - but particularly in terms of news, sport and cooking.

As for Sonny, I believe he is breaking the law. If he is watching live football matches on his BT Sport subscription over the internet then he MUST have a TV Licence.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/technology--devices-and-online-top8

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I don't watch much television(1 or 2 hours a day) but a good deal of it is on BBC. My main use of BBC is its radio programmes which are far superior and more varied than commecial radio. I don't watch films as I much prefer a good book, and I have never paid for a sports channel as it is usually no problem to get live broadcasts on line.

I would, however, miss the BBC especially if the only radio channels were the only ones available.