St Mirren Radio

Really disappointed with some of the commentary today. At points I thought I had paid for Sevco TV as Callum waxed lyrically about "The Gers".

Poor show!

Sorry you felt like that but I gave plenty of St Mirren praise equally. Including in the post match show. I'm pretty open to both sides praise/negativity. Really enjoyed what I seen today from the Saints.

Sorry you felt like that but I gave plenty of St Mirren praise equally. Including in the post match show. I'm pretty open to both sides praise/negativity. Really enjoyed what I seen today from the Saints.

Surely you should be bias towards StMirren on StMirren radio??! We are not interested in a balanced broadcast, it's a StMirren broadcast we want.

Surely you should be bias towards StMirren on StMirren radio??! We are not interested in a balanced broadcast, it's a StMirren broadcast we want.

Where's the point of not criticising and/or praising BOTH sides if it's deserved? Surely commentators are there to comment on the progress of the match. Not to ignore certain aspects just because of the colour of the jersey.

Where's the point of not criticising and/or praising BOTH sides if it's deserved? Surely commentators are there to comment on the progress of the match. Not to ignore certain aspects just because of the colour of the jersey.

There's been plenty of complaints on here over the years about biased commentary from other Clubs in-house radio.

My only complaint would be calling them The G*rs.What's wrong with calling them The Scum?

There's been plenty of complaints on here over the years about biased commentary from other Clubs in-house radio.

My only complaint would be calling them The G*rs.What's wrong with calling them The Scum?

I agree. And I think that was the point made by John Gotti.

The old, now-dead club that cheated on tax, national insurance and employment contracts was the club with the "cuddly" moniker. They were criminal, so undeserving of any "nice" names.

This new club has been run by a series of spivs, is living on loans for a short time because it pays players with money it doesn't have. This means that, like Gretna, they are also now cheating clubs like St Mirren, Hibs and Falkirk.

And have also cheated their way through the lower divisions.

There's nothing wrong with referring to such an organisation as "Scum".

Edited by bluto

Hi all,

We of course deliver the story of the game and do the radio show pre/post game from a St Mirren narrative story/angle but are not blinding over obvious decisions for/against the opponent. Sunday for example focused on the narrative of where St Mirren are in the table with a nod to what Rangers where playing for too at the top. I think for ex-pats watching our TV coverage also good to give as wide a flavour of the league/info as possible as they probably don't see too much else Scottish football if they are abroad.

General rule of thumb i've had with the co-comms on home games is for me to be 50/50 (or 51/49 to the Saints) and just call the game. Whether it's hammering Dunfermline or the late goals conceded v Falkirk or Raith. The co-comms have balanced honest opinon but they have the licence to lean far more of course in favour of the saints using we, us etc or in Naismith's case rant (which by far is the highlight of the season of course - he was brilliant). However it's not over the top as mentioned in previous pages that seems to be favourable. We've been blessed by decent co-comms all season who have been a bit biased but not over the top.

You can have your opinons on Rangers of course - obviously I can't/won't go into that - I'm there to call the game whatever the opponents nicknames are or not.

I hope you continue to enjoy the season on TV and Radio. Full radio commentary all being well at Falkirk on Saturday.

C

Edited by Broadcastcallum

Hi all,

We of course deliver the story of the game and do the radio show pre/post game from a St Mirren narrative story/angle but are not blinding over obvious decisions for/against the opponent. Sunday for example focused on the narrative of where St Mirren are in the table with a nod to what Rangers where playing for too at the top. I think for ex-pats watching our TV coverage also good to give as wide a flavour of the league/info as possible as they probably don't see too much else Scottish football if they are abroad.

General rule of thumb i've had with the co-comms on home games is for me to be 50/50 (or 51/49 to the Saints) and just call the game. Whether it's hammering Dunfermline or the late goals conceded v Falkirk or Raith. The co-comms have balanced honest opinon but they have the licence to lean far more of course in favour of the saints using we, us etc or in Naismith's case rant (which by far is the highlight of the season of course - he was brilliant). However it's not over the top as mentioned in previous pages that seems to be favourable. We've been blessed by decent co-comms all season who have been a bit biased but not over the top.

You can have your opinons on Rangers of course - obviously I can't/won't go into that - I'm there to call the game whatever the opponents nicknames are or not.

I hope you continue to enjoy the season on TV and Radio. Full radio commentary all being well at Falkirk on Saturday.

C

Theres a thing , do the new club have a nickname ? whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Aye.... Scottish band that's now broken up.

Think one of them is now in chvrches...?

All talk now finished. It's Scissor Sisters.

And we know what THAT means!?!? ohmy.png

Next song starts... I know that we are upside down... are you gonna stay the night?

Are they telling us something here ? smile.png

Subtext is fun, innit?

ETA:

Aye, here ye go: Aerogramme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aereogramme

and now... Johnny's in the basement mixin up the medicine...

In a big country dreams stay with you... on a mountainside....

Edited by bluto