Crucial Next 4 Games

Not fussed too much about the cup games to be honest. If we win the cup games and only got 2 draws or defeats in the league I would swap that scenario gladly for out both cups but sitting on 6 points after 4 league games. I think that we will have a fair idea about this year's squad Murray's ability as a St Mirren manager by the time we play Hibs at the end of September.

Thing is,confidence comes with each win and if beating Annan today cant lift us going into Friday nights game, then it can only be a good thing.

Spin of the highest order. If we had scored the penalty at Ibrox we would still have lost 3-2, unless you want to say we were a scored penalty, Ridgers holding on to the save for Rangers 3rd and a St Mirren goal out of nowhere away from winning at Ibrox. We lost at home to 1 of the 2 part time teams in the league at home... building them up as "sitting joint top of the league" after a mere one round of fixtures is pretty meaningless.

Geez- WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!

Take a chill pill Dibbie, if that was a positive spin in OP then yours was a very neg one. Whatever we did against Sons was disappointing, agreed, but they beat Hibs last week, Aitken has gone for experience over youth and early season any part time team is on equal terms. The game I saw at Ibrox was one were we got more and more into game, the fact that the pen was video blooper top 5, still did not shake us. You don't need blind faith to support Saints but you need to keep the....... we have no divine rights and after 340 odd Premiership Matches in last 9 years we have secured about 85 victories, This is new territory but as Sevco dropped 47 points last season as did Hibs is a tough league and its about the long haul for us to reverse a losing trend

Annan to have a go at us via both full back channels tomorrow night? What odds on a cup upset?

Speaking with one of their squad over the last few days at work and he says that they do like to use pace on the flanks and hit on the break, so I expect that it will be the same tonight. He's tipped a couple of their lads as being good enough to make a step up, particularly Smart Osadolor who scored at the weekend. Video of his goal is on the homepage of the Annan website (around 2m10s into the video) www.annanathleticfc.com

Yes I am a misery oaky. I actually ain't but let's pretend I am it's more fun and you can continue to get a wee jab in here or there fine no problem. Cheerio happy clappers

If you say you're not miserable then I'll take your word for it.

Your posting record overwhelmingly suggests otherwise though.

It's not that I'm a happy clapper. It's that I don't allow bad results to pollute my entire life.

Allowing your life to be ruined by football isn't passion and it's not being a superfan - it's just quite simply daft.

Mind you, I'd rather be a happy clapper than one of the Dementors out of Harry Potter.

I know why but I'd like to know why our board have been allowed to fill the team with young boys?

I don't understand this.

You know why we have a team full of kids but you also don't know why we have a team full of kids?

We have a team full of kids because that's all we can afford.

It's basic arithmetic.

If you think I'm wrong then post up the full financial details of the club when they are next released and you'll probably see a small loss or a break even situation.

You need to understand that to ask for fewer kids you are asking the club to be run at a bigger loss than it is at the moment.

Nobody should be supporting that. It's indefensible.

Team full of kids is pretty misleading. We had 3 of the most experienced players in the division - Langfield, Thompson and Goodwin - on the bench on Saturday. The fact we fielded such a young team was out of choice not necessity. Also our midfield central 3 of Carswell Agnew and Gow have over 500 games experience between them at this level or higher under their belt.

I don't think there's been an overreaction at all, least not that I've seen. I think the result of losing at home to a part time side has rightly been described as a terrible one. I'm sure the manager himself would admit that.

Even in a worst case scenario where we lose these next four games and go into September out of two cups and cut adrift at the bottom of the league... The managers position should and will not be in question. As with any new manager, he should be given at least half a season before that issue is raised.

Edited by TopCat

Geez- WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!

Take a chill pill Dibbie, if that was a positive spin in OP then yours was a very neg one. Whatever we did against Sons was disappointing, agreed, but they beat Hibs last week, Aitken has gone for experience over youth and early season any part time team is on equal terms. The game I saw at Ibrox was one were we got more and more into game, the fact that the pen was video blooper top 5, still did not shake us. You don't need blind faith to support Saints but you need to keep the....... we have no divine rights and after 340 odd Premiership Matches in last 9 years we have secured about 85 victories, This is new territory but as Sevco dropped 47 points last season as did Hibs is a tough league and its about the long haul for us to reverse a losing trend

I would happily take a chill pill if I thought we were close to being there with the squad and close to knowing our best formation options. At the minute we have 5 first team defenders in the squad, 1 is out for 6 months or more and the manager won't play the 5th one. We don't look to have sorted out our defensive problems from last year, or our scoring issues, and minus McLean and McGinn, also look lightweight and lacking in creativity in midfield, and this is after having lots of scope over the summer to have a clear out and bring in players suited to this division. Murray has elected with 90% of the squad so far to take a punt on U20 stepping up from our development squad and the development squads of Rangers, Celtic, Burnley. Why someone who "knows the division inside out" has chosen to go down the untested route with the bulk of our signings is a bit of a mystery.

not sure how much money we'd make with a run in the shitty cup?

How much would a final against the new club at Hampden be worth to us?

Would say a crowd of around 40,000 and us getting an equal share of the gate money. That would be a six figure pay day.

I reacted after the Dumbarton defeat because I think Murray and Spalding deserved it. They were the ones who dropped Thompson, Mallan and Howieson. They were the ones who watched a first half (and more) that was clearly not working, and didn't change anything until a nasty injury. They were the ones who then ignored Goodwin to CB and Kelly to FB and shoved on a kid who was caught cold and gave the game away. They are the ones who clearly have some sort of issue with a senior player, and they are the ones who managed bloody Dumbarton for several seasons, yet they looked like the full time team, the organised team, and importantly - the team who had the stronger spine, knew their jobs, and stuck to them.... and looked like they knew their best starting XI.

I have not, and will not, attack our kids... Murray and Spalding were pish on Saturday though.

Plucked from the Dumbarton(Knickerwetters) matchday thread... Ringing any bells?

5. Conlan with McMullan in front of him failing to provide any sort of cover when the opposition have the ball is a fcuking recipe for disaster.

It wasn't working - Morgan was a little boy lost,

Yeah we should all back the kids! Right on..!

Plucked from the Dumbarton(Knickerwetters) matchday thread... Ringing any bells?

5. Conlan with McMullan in front of him failing to provide any sort of cover when the opposition have the ball is a fcuking recipe for disaster.

It wasn't working - Morgan was a little boy lost,

Yeah we should all back the kids! Right on..!

Conlan with McMullan in front didn't work at Ibrox and didn't work against Dumbarton. Morgan was a little boy lost in the first half certainly.

I stand by every word. At the game there were boos at H/T and F/T. Not from me. At games folk shout personal abuse at Cheesy / Goodwin / insert name of current manager here... I don't.

This is a fan forum to discuss everything St Mirren. You are just being a wanker. As always.

Conlan with McMullan in front didn't work at Ibrox and didn't work against Dumbarton. Morgan was a little boy lost in the first half certainly.

I stand by every word. At the game there were boos at H/T and F/T. Not from me. At games folk shout personal abuse at Cheesy / Goodwin / insert name of current manager here... I don't.

This is a fan forum to discuss everything St Mirren. You are just being a wanker. As always.

You are entitled to your opinion. I will introduce myself to you and you can express them some more. Or is it you is only hard in front of a monitor..?

You are entitled to your opinion. I will introduce myself to you and you can express them some more. Or is it you is only hard in front of a monitor..?

If I am entitled to my opinion, why did you trawl through my posts and dig me up on my comments about the Conlon / McMullan partnership and the Dumbarton performance of Morgan?

Now, please, give it a rest. This sounds threatening from you. A bit concerning really. Incidentally, I stand by the opinions (that I am entitled to), that Conlon / McMullan was a recipe for disaster, and Morgan was a little boy lost against Dumbarton's bruising opponents, who brushed both him, and indeed Gallagher, aside far too easily.

The veiled threats to meet up with you so you can 'introduce yourself' to see if I am only 'hard in front of a monitor' - are you serious!? Help' ma' boab! I was kidding about you having (another) online breakdown, but my goodness, it's for real.

Edited by pozbaird

If I am entitled to my opinion, why did you trawl through my posts and dig me up on my comments about the Conlon / McMullan partnership and the Dumbarton performance of Morgan?

Now, please, give it a rest. This sounds threatening from you. A bit concerning really. Incidentally, I stand by the opinions (that I am entitled to), that Conlon / McMullan was a recipe for disaster, and Morgan was a little boy lost against Dumbarton's bruising opponents, who brushed both him, and indeed Gallagher, aside far too easily.

The veiled threats to meet up with you so you can 'introduce yourself' to see if I am only 'hard in front of a monitor' - are you serious!? Help' ma' boab! I was kidding about you having (another) online breakdown, but my goodness, it's for real.

Answer to first question - because you are full of contradictions and i like an easy Turkey shoot!

The second whining climbdown really paints your actions in clear light. if i handed out the level of personal abuse you do to me on this forum I would be picking up warnings and bans... But then i suppose if you look at it differently what's the point of being a big sook if there are no benefits..?

So either stop the childish abuse, or man up and deliver it face to face??? I am more than happy for you never to quote a post I make ever again, and i can certainly live without highlighting your obvious glaring contradictions... Your call hard man.

Answer to first question - because you are full of contradictions and i like an easy Turkey shoot!

The second whining climbdown really paints your actions in clear light. if i handed out the level of personal abuse you do to me on this forum I would be picking up warnings and bans... But then i suppose if you look at it differently what's the point of being a big sook if there are no benefits..?

So either stop the childish abuse, or man up and deliver it face to face??? I am more than happy for you never to quote a post I make ever again, and i can certainly live without highlighting your obvious glaring contradictions... Your call hard man.

To be fair, if not for the fact that giving you a slap would likely lead to loss of liberty and/or gainful employment I'm almost tempted to put a ginger wig on and step in for Poz if I thought it would put an end to the endless stream of point scoring shit that fills each and every thread.

I work for a living and then have some semblance of a social life outside of work so when I find 5 minutes to look through the forum I want to find out any new Saints news or stories and perhaps engage in a bit of debate about others opinions of the team performance, tactics etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but as soon as I see you joining a thread I know it's going to generate into the sort of tedious shite I don't have time to filter through to get to anything interesting.

To be fair, you are not always the instigator but you have made a rod for your own back with your behaviour and that of your alias so how about just giving it a f**king rest?

To be fair, if not for the fact that giving you a slap would likely lead to loss of liberty and/or gainful employment I'm almost tempted to put a ginger wig on and step in for Poz if I thought it would put an end to the endless stream of point scoring shit that fills each and every thread.

I work for a living and then have some semblance of a social life outside of work so when I find 5 minutes to look through the forum I want to find out any new Saints news or stories and perhaps engage in a bit of debate about others opinions of the team performance, tactics etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but as soon as I see you joining a thread I know it's going to generate into the sort of tedious shite I don't have time to filter through to get to anything interesting.

To be fair, you are not always the instigator but you have made a rod for your own back with your behaviour and that of your alias so how about just giving it a f**king rest?

You are going to give me a slap? Please send the pm and mods take note!

You are going to give me a slap? Please send the pm and mods take note!

I'm genuinely concerned for your mental health. I think you need to take a wee sabbatical from the forum - a couple of months, perhaps.

Just think, you will benefit from the downtime (as will the rest of us) and, depending on how the season progresses, you might even be able to return and crow about being right all along. Then again....

I'm genuinely concerned for your mental health. I think you need to take a wee sabbatical from the forum - a couple of months, perhaps.

Just think, you will benefit from the downtime (as will the rest of us) and, depending on how the season progresses, you might even be able to return and crow about being right all along. Then again....

So let me get this straight.... You agree with the guy who wants to physically attack me because he doesnt like my posts?

You must be a Mod on here, eh?

Time to stop cluttering threads with this pish, I would think. Let's move on, for the good of the forum and the sake of everyone else who actually logs on in the hope of finding something remotely interesting to read/contribute to.