Sign in to follow this  
BuddieinEK

Music Gigs

Jason Isbell was great at O2 Academy a couple of weeks ago as was Maren Morris at a sold out O2ABC last night. It was Country Jim but not as we know it !!

Rag n Bone Man on Saturday, Chris Rea later this month.

Celtic Connections in Jan/Feb. Already looking at

Lee Fields &The Expressions 23/1,

James Grant 25/1

Hayes Carll & Corb Lund 26/1

Dean Owens 2/2

Sam Outlaw 3/2 

On 11/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, FTOF said:

Big Country/Skids concert next Friday 17th at Paisley Town Hall. :thumbs2

big_country_and_skids.jpg

Aye. I'm coming up for it. Lad at work is a Big Country fanatic. Just mentioned that they were on with the skids in Paisley and he was up for going. I originally thought i'll just go up for a trip away and a few beers etc but after watching the Skids on youtube last night i'm really looking forward to the music side of the trip. What's the town hall like as a venue? Couple of bars in there?

Despite years of visiting Paisley i've never set foot in there. We're in the gallery. Is that one of those balcony type areas? Spot the non concert goer eh? :)

2 hours ago, john scott said:

Aye. I'm coming up for it. Lad at work is a Big Country fanatic. Just mentioned that they were on with the skids in Paisley and he was up for going. I originally thought i'll just go up for a trip away and a few beers etc but after watching the Skids on youtube last night i'm really looking forward to the music side of the trip. What's the town hall like as a venue? Couple of bars in there?

Despite years of visiting Paisley i've never set foot in there. We're in the gallery. Is that one of those balcony type areas? Spot the non concert goer eh? :)

Saw The Skids earlier in the year and they were excellent. Obviously, Stuart Adamson is irreplaceable, but the last time I saw Big Country a couple of years ago, they were very good too.

I saw Heaven 17 in the town hall, and we were in the gallery too, as we will be on Friday. It is up on the balcony, where you get an excellent view. I thought the sound was fine, but I'm no purist. :rolleyes:

There was definitely at least one bar there.

Looking forward to it!

I f**king love Richard Jobson!:wub:

What a man.

The Skids were absolutely magnificent, as ever.

Big Country were as good as they could be, without the sadly departed main man.

Although, even my uncultured ears thought there were a few issues with sound quality for their set. Perfect for The Skids though.

Ended up pished in The Bull. :thumbs2

Edited by FTOF

O M D - Glasgow royal concert hall, brilliant opening, then one or two sound glitches culminating with the mixing deck packing in!

Glad to say it was fixed after a fifteen minute delay,  no problems after that, finishing after 11:00.

Well done lads  for another fantastic show .

On 11/19/2017 at 3:46 PM, eastlandssaint said:

Ian Prowse and Amsterdam,  great as ever last night @  the  Admiral bar.

It was a belting night. Must have seen Pele/Amsterdam/Ian Prowse about 15 times, Saturday night was one of the best. Loved it.

They are playing in Dumfries the same day we play at QOS in March, so staying down for the gig:guinness

46 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Starting to sound like a bit of a ticket tout now, but I have a spare ticket for The Charlatans in Glasgow on Monday night. Face value. Message me if you fancy it.

Faraway Saint loves The Charlatans.

I'll let him know you're looking for company.

He'll be ecstatic, yir pal for life. :)

Just back from Blue Rose Code in Milngavie. Stunning.

If you are a fan of John Martyn you should get your backside to Milngavie on Sunday if there are any tickets left.
Tonight and tomorrow are completely sold out!

His new album The Water of Leith is my album of the year!

Faraway Saint loves The Charlatans.
I'll let him know you're looking for company.
He'll be ecstatic, yir pal for life. 

I'm sure he would be but I'd rather run a rusty Stanley blade around my helmet.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Shedders were even better last night in Newcastle.An awesome gig,the place was bouncing.I had  tweeted Rick Witter before the gig.....you should have seen my wifes face when half way thru Rick announced he was sending his love to Jacci from Paisley.:lol:

Shedders were even better last night in Newcastle.An awesome gig,the place was bouncing.I had  tweeted Rick Witter before the gig.....you should have seen my wifes face when half way thru Rick announced he was sending his love to Jacci from Paisley.

Did your wife ask you "Who the feck is Jacci?"

Just back from the Charlatans at the Academy. Sound was a bit ropey but an absolutely fantastic set. Tim Burgess is probably the one front man I've seen who genuinely seems to love his crowd more than any other. Great stuff but please stop f**king around with the mic in Sproston Green! Next stop, same band, Brixton Academy on Saturday....

On 4 December 2017 at 11:35 PM, Herbie said:

Just back from the Charlatans at the Academy. Sound was a bit ropey but an absolutely fantastic set. Tim Burgess is probably the one front man I've seen who genuinely seems to love his crowd more than any other. Great stuff but please stop f**king around with the mic in Sproston Green! Next stop, same band, Brixton Academy on Saturday....

I found that the sound being a bit ropey , is a common complaint nowadays , often amplified to the point of distortion . However , the Turkey Nuts at County Square a couple of weeks ago were spot on and the lead singer thanked the guy on the mixing desk which was something I'd never heard a band do before. .