We Need Gus Macpherson

shull

3 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

And further afield imo. I think with the fans ownership in place that there could be more of a chance of being able to discuss possible avenues of linking up with youth setups abroad, especially in places like Canada and the U.S.

Its fair enough trying to bring through your own homegrown players, but cash could be generated through unearthing talents from overseas, where their opportunities may be limited.  

Sounds great

I rather we scouted Renfrewshire and the West of Scotland first,it would be a start 

The man is right about how narrow our Scouting is we have no one on our own doorstep

Talking to the Glenvale chairman remarking how 2 of  their players signed for Celtic and he said pity it wasn't St Mirren

Plenty of clubs interested but St Mirren nowhere to be seen

A local club where umpteen of their young starlets have been picked up by every club in the West

Our own Webmaster commented that St Mirren weren't on the list

The coach said St Mirren only asked after the team had played  one of the youth teams and got beat most times

The players they asked for had already been picked up by other clubs

I don't think it's good enough,plenty of Saints fans out there coaching our boys clubs and know who the good ones are

Dickson is right got to be a better rapour with the local clubs and St Mirren should be getting first dibs on the local talent

I'm not talking just about Celtic and Rangers here

Patrick,Hamilton and Morton also these players are going to

Does the stuff about Rae apparently slagging the youth development stem from the Q&A at the start of the year? From what I can remember all he said was he was watching an under-20 game (might not even have involved Saints) and he was increasingly frustrated with what teams were being asked to do - namely play it out from the back. He made the point that by the second or third time the keeper knocked it out to a defender, the opposing team's attackers were right on the guy before the ball was played and could instantly pressure him into a mistake.

Seems a fair comment to me - apologies if he said something else that people have picked up on.

Does the stuff about Rae apparently slagging the youth development stem from the Q&A at the start of the year? From what I can remember all he said was he was watching an under-20 game (might not even have involved Saints) and he was increasingly frustrated with what teams were being asked to do - namely play it out from the back. He made the point that by the second or third time the keeper knocked it out to a defender, the opposing team's attackers were right on the guy before the ball was played and could instantly pressure him into a mistake.

Seems a fair comment to me - apologies if he said something else that people have picked up on.

Your right Stu I remember Rae saying that.

Bear in mind there was also Rae's rant to the dugout about Mallan at Raith .. I think everyone heard that 

What did he say? Mallan for me has been very poor so far this season so genuinely interested...he seems to have found Kenny Maclean's Xbox FIFA type passing this season in the games I've seen...

9 hours ago, gazah said:

What did he say? Mallan for me has been very poor so far this season so genuinely interested...he seems to have found Kenny Maclean's Xbox FIFA type passing this season in the games I've seen...

Mallan misplaced a pass during the game and Rae turned to the bench and shouted 'see?! I told you he was sh**e!' Loads must have seen and heard it so don't take my word for it. Stuff like that just doesn't breed confidence ., especially if it gets back to the boy .. Hey , it's a mans game but you've still gotta get a tune out of them 

Edited by STGBuddy

10 hours ago, STGBuddy said:

Mallan misplaced a pass during the game and Rae turned to the bench and shouted 'see?! I told you he was sh**e!' Loads must have seen and heard it so don't take my word for it. Stuff like that just doesn't breed confidence ., especially if it gets back to the boy .. Hey , it's a mans game but you've still gotta get a tune out of them 

You must have good hearing. I certainly couldnt hear the dugout from the away stand.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You must have good hearing. I certainly couldnt hear the dugout from the away stand.

I wasn't in the away stand , I was sitting with a guy who was doing a match report .. Listen , I've backed Rae on other threads but I just don't think this type of thing is helping him,or the players.

Edited by STGBuddy

2 hours ago, STGBuddy said:

I wasn't in the away stand , I was sitting with a guy who was doing a match report .. Listen , I've backed Rae on other threads but I just don't think this type of thing is helping him,or the players.

Fair enough and TBH if this is true (and don't take this personally but I never believe people), then I would agree that this sort of behaviour might well be at the heart of the problem.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Fair enough and TBH if this is true (and don't take this personally but I never believe people), then I would agree that this sort of behaviour might well be at the heart of the problem.

Unfortunately, from some concerning stories I'm hearing, I think it might well be.

What next? People will start filming documents being read by government officials on the London Underground! Frustration can cause all of us to sound off without as much thought as we might otherwise give and when picked up by the passing listener can be troublesome. (are you listening Gordon Brown). Cut the guy some slack.

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What next? People will start filming documents being read by government officials on the London Underground! Frustration can cause all of us to sound off without as much thought as we might otherwise give and when picked up by the passing listener can be troublesome. (are you listening Gordon Brown). Cut the guy some slack.

Are you suggesting that in any profession it's OK for a manager to lambast an employee within earshot of anyone, let alone an audience of football fans? I certainly don't and getting angry is no excuse. If it's true, Rae wants to take a right good look at himself before it's too late. Of course it may be too late already.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

To be honest , the manager has his work cut out for him enough without me telling porkies about him. Like I say I've backed him so far but seeing stuff like that concerns me , especially if it leaks back to players .. It can't be good for motivation. Hey , maybe he's under pressure and that's just his way ? Tbh I don't know him well enough to know whether that's just his style 

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

No chance. This, if true, is completely unnacceptable behaviour at work and SHOULD constitute a sacking.

You simply cannot abuse employees in this day and age and quite bloody right too.

Employees have their own stresses and strains to deal with in everyday life. They should not be used as an outlet for those who can't contain their own emotions.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If there is any truth in it then sacking him is the only appropriate course of action.

A business owner needs to protect his staff from abuse from management or anyone else IMO.

You really live in a perfect world where everyone responds to PC claptrap and everyone is capable of reacting total bollox.

It's very obvious you have limited experience dealing with a wide range of people and could not live in many other difficult situations where a variety of approaches ate required.

It's best you stick to the limitations of whatever small and obscure world you live in as its far removed from the kaleidoscope of work situations that really exist.

Jeez, enough, We need Gus McPherson,  " ?? Omg,  what Utter baws.

He had his time he achieved then failed  spectacularly, it's history. We all know.

St Mirren need to find a sense of themselves again, the players ( current and previous ) let the club down , the club stewardship was lacking in drive, recruitment, commitment. Fine , it's all been documented and battered senseless on here.

St Mirren need to put the smile back, they need as a team , club and community asset to engage with the Town, the wider community and promise some optimism. 

I Always bought into the fiscal prudence after the hell of the nineties, I respect that view and appreciate we are alive to moan about today. 

Now though, the club is at a crossroad, it has to act to arrest the decline that has been evident since our relocation. I'm not proposing bank loans and money spunking, I'm advocating some pro active pr and a vision on a timeline. Ffs what's to lose now ? We are still presently in free fall, where will it end ?

Time for the new regime to stand up and be counted, no value in perpetuating the last five years again.

Five year plan, go public with aims and ambition, state it, communicate it, be brave, outline a plan. Commit to playing proud youth , commit to a plan and vision. Review the approach to scouting, the academy, the shape and attitude on and off the park. This continual pish with no mark bin end characters and plodding players and lacklustre signings has got to stop. People are voting with their feet. The disaffection is tangible. IMHO if the club did something pro active and outlined some practical ambition, it would be respected, presently it's drowning in its own inertia once more.

The club is horrible, the new ground for me,  a disaster to date, the team strip is a joke, the suppliers even worse, the players currently by and large are confused, shy and many are not trying, motivation is lacking, the current management team are imho toiling unbelievably, We have an infrastructure, but it seems not the personnel to work it. Truly incredible. 

Imho, we'll be part time next season and dealing with local club and pub fitba unless some rabbits come out of hats and we get our shit together. The time is now , Imho, it's  time to sort it , time for results, or time to act to change.

What are we the fans going to see, hear anytime soon ?  I'll probably hear resounding boos on Saturday, if I can manage along.

Dire.

Back on topic, NO, NO NO, is that really where we are now, inviting Captain negative back.

Let's get the blend right, maybe things will then happen, wtf is there to lose now. As it stands  we are 13pts off the pace, after five games, jeezusf**kinwept

Rant over. :angry: Now to my massage :wub:

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You really live in a perfect world where everyone responds to PC claptrap and everyone is capable of reacting total bollox.

It's very obvious you have limited experience dealing with a wide range of people and could not live in many other difficult situations where a variety of approaches ate required.

It's best you stick to the limitations of whatever small and obscure world you live in as its far removed from the kaleidoscope of work situations that really exist.

Is all the heat out there addling your wee brain?. :blink: