St Mirren V Hibs 20/8/16

dr rotund

5 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

Utter pish to be fair. Shankland is a good player it's our manger and his tactics, or lack of that are not helping. I think it's also fair to presume that many of the players aren't buying in to what Rae is  "trying to do".

You're not being fair to me, to be fair. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm getting the feeling you will not be starting an "Alex Rae Will Come Good" thread this season?

:D You guessed right, he's not got it. There are no seeds of evidence to suggest he will come good, we are a shambles and i can't see that changing with him as manager.

[emoji3] You guessed right, he's not got it. There are no seeds of evidence to suggest he will come good, we are a shambles and i can't see that changing with him as manager.

Let's hope you're as wrong about that as you were about your assertion that Murray would come good last season.

28 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Absolutely terrible performance. No pass marks for anyone today, we look disjointed all over the pitch.

Special mention to Kyle Hutton, he's probably one of the worst central midfielders I've ever seen at saints, to think we let Jim go to replace him with that f**kwit is truly baffling! I actually would prefer Carswell than Hutton and that's saying something. He leaves QoS and they've had a great start to the season, coincidence?

Not sure where we go from here but we need to get a grip and quickly.

Queen of the South also have a new manager and some new signings and spent most of last season ahead of us

31 minutes ago, Dare said:

You have obviously never played the game mate - Hutton is part of the problem ! Should be nowhere near a St Mirren jersey. Can only make a pass when he has no one on him, a complete waste of a jersey and I feel for Mallen tbh 

I have and do. Hutton is our midfield right now. The rest are passengers. I feel much more sorry for Hutton having Mallan next to him than the other way round. At the moment Mallan is a ghost.

It's astonishing to think that a team managed by Gary Locke is sitting joint top of the division, though. That lends further context to our hellish position, if it were needed.

Happy to bet you a Buddie Good Food £5 gift voucher that Locke will prove to be a successful young manager!
Infairly maligned just because of events at doomed Killie.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Clarkson did more in his 10 minutes than most others did in 90.
He was strong, mobile, and showed leadership that had beem sadly lacking.
How we can persevere with Mallan and Hutton in the middle whilst Clarkson sits on the bench I just don't know.

When Clarkson came on he provided the only bit of movement when we had the ball there had been all day when he got on the end of Hutton's pass and we had "the shot". I'd play him every week.

12 minutes ago, Drew said:

It's astonishing to think that a team managed by Gary Locke is sitting joint top of the division, though. That lends further context to our hellish position, if it were needed.

It's almost as if people forget Raith won something like 13 league games in a row at the end of last season before losing the 2nd leg of the play off against Hibs. Ok so McKinnon went and Locke came in as his replacement but they hung on to most of their team. Why should they become rank all of a sudden?

19 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Let's hope you're as wrong about that as you were about your assertion that Murray would come good last season.

To be fair he came with a bit of promise after doing a good job at Dumbarton. With Rae it was more optimism and hope than evidence that he could do a good job. We look truly awful so far this season under Rae.

5 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

It's almost as if people forget Raith won something like 13 league games in a row at the end of last season before losing the 2nd leg of the play off against Hibs. Ok so McKinnon went and Locke came in as his replacement but they hung on to most of their team. Why should they become rank all of a sudden?

By the same token, we managed to kick on and secure comfortable mid-table safety, so why have we become rank all of a sudden?

Edited by Drew

I started another topic in the General St Mirren Discussion as I am fed up reading about folk slagging off Mallan. The problem in midfield is down to Alex Rae as he only plays with two midfielders (and two wingers who appear under instruction to hug the touch line and not contribute to anything else) and one of them is Hutton who passes either backwards or straight out the park. Mallan was the best player we had today (just aheaad of Sutton) but that does not say much in the formation and tactics we are using.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Cos' we let Goody leave. 

You'd think so if you read many of the posts on here.

It's a genuine question, though. What has gone wrong? We have, arguably, better players, and the ones that have remained/returned appear to have deteriorated. What is that all about. I do hold Rae principally responsible. I think he is trying to further stamp his identity on things, and is currently make a rip-roaring c**t of it.

Edited by Drew

That was horrible today. Said it a couple of weeks ago that we needed to change the shape in order to accommodate the personnel that we have. 4-2-3-1 or go 4-3-3. Mallan looks utterly lost sitting that deep in central midfield when he should be playing further forward. Thought Hutton didn't look good against Ayr but i feel for him. When 3 of your 4 midfielders are attack minded your onto a lose/lose situation. Don't think he done much wrong today. We can slag the defence all we like but at the end of the day if you have no protection in front of you your gonna come under constant pressure.

We need another central midfielder, don't care how do it, we need another midfielder. Whether that be by cancelling a loan or 2 It need to be done. Quinn can't come back quick enough. Rae has gone out and got so many forwards he hasnt a clue what to do with them. Maybe he didnt see the emergence of Morgan, who knows.

Raith did not win 13 league games in a row for goodness sake :lol:

One of Raiths best players last year is now playing for us. Indeed he can't even get a start for us, he came off the bench for us today.

Is your point we shouldn't be better than Raith Rovers?

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I started another topic in the General St Mirren Discussion as I am fed up reading about folk slagging off Mallan. The problem in midfield is down to Alex Rae as he only plays with two midfielders (and two wingers who appear under instruction to hug the touch line and not contribute to anything else) and one of them is Hutton who passes either backwards or straight out the park. Mallan was the best player we had today (just aheaad of Sutton) but that does not say much in the formation and tactics we are using.

Who is it you want Hutton to pass forward to? You said yourself there is no movement.  The only chance we had was when Clarkson came on and provided a bit of movement up front. It was Hutton who set him up of course.

13 minutes ago, Dare said:

Hutton is rank ...... end of

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

Was he any worse than Webster, Irvine, or Baird today?

Jim Gardner's accolade as the worst St Mirren player in my lifetime is under threat. Hutton is worse than useless.

Hutton is pure and utter gash.

Naismith looks f**ked right from KO.

I`ve got a wardrobe thats more mobile than Webster,

Irvine was non existant

Mallan is so out of form , he needs a spell out....... but as Rae hasnt had the foresight to get any other midfielders who do we bring in ?

Rae needs to go out and buy The Ladybird book of football tactics right now.