Apalling Customer Service from the Ticket Office

Re read and still can't find the unique in Scotland quote [emoji102] Just admit you are as much a saint fans just like the rest of us who likes a wee moan sometimes. Go on, admit it [emoji6] Oh and for great football experience in grounds in England, want to tell the West Ham fans that [emoji12]

Really. Did you get to the last paragraph where I say St Mirren are by no means unique in Scottish Football. I don't think it could be any clearer. Ask your carer to try again

Re read and still can't find the unique in Scotland quote [emoji102] Just admit you are as much a saint fans just like the rest of us who likes a wee moan sometimes. Go on, admit it [emoji6] Oh and for great football experience in grounds in England, want to tell the West Ham fans that [emoji12]

Clear for everyone to see that SD , did say what you claim he didn't.
Go on, admit it, you're wrong.

IMG_1476628826.259199.thumb.jpg.a1e9fb9a

25 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Clear for everyone to see that SD , did say what you claim he didn't.
Go on, admit it, you're wrong.

IMG_1476628826.259199.jpg

F me so he did   :lol:   in my defence, I normally give up reading long before I get to the end of his long posts.  :sorry Stuart

We should never diddle our Club. 

Even though they have been screwing us , via extortionate admission prices for years.

f**king liberty takers.  

Twenty f**king pounds for football worth next to nothing. 

Scandalous. 

Part Time football and a fiver to get in is perfect. 

35 minutes ago, Dalrybud said:

An overly expensive and complicated system given our position and gates.

Having said that, frustrating as these things are for the above board fans, we need to acknowledge that such checks occur because there are way too many punters trying to screw their own club on the ticket front.

Your comment is appreciated.

I would hope that no-one who professes to be a St Mirren fan would try to do so.

However - you may have added to the debate by bringing up pricing. Mybe cost is an issue for some fans. Some may well be pressed financilally.

Rather than castigate them - which I know you are not - lets be inventive in our pricing and get bums on seats. Every £1 is a prisoner, Every punter present is a otential return visitor.

In the past I was often offered free tickets for myself and kids for St Mirren home games but I always declined.

However, I did accept free tickets from both Celtic and Rangers offered to me by those clubs when Saints visited.

Firstly

At Love Street I wanted to be on the North Bank, not in the main stand or directors box.

Secondly

I could afford to pay, so I did and was therefore actively supporting the club financially.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Your comment is appreciated.

I would hope that no-one who professes to be a St Mirren fan would try to do so.

However - you may have added to the debate by bringing up pricing. Mybe cost is an issue for some fans. Some may well be pressed financilally.

Rather than castigate them - which I know you are not - lets be inventive in our pricing and get bums on seats. Every £1 is a prisoner, Every punter present is a otential return visitor.

In the past I was often offered free tickets for myself and kids for St Mirren home games but I always declined.

However, I did accept free tickets from both Celtic and Rangers offered to me by those clubs when Saints visited.

Firstly

At Love Street I wanted to be on the North Bank, not in the main stand or directors box.

Secondly

I could afford to pay, so I did and was therefore actively supporting the club financially.

I'm not adverse to the odd free ticket. I can afford to pay but if players families and directors are getting in for nothing I don't really see any reason for me to be embarrassed about it. I don't think anyone should be. It's fair to say that particularly in recent years if it hadn't been for the odd free ticket I might not have ventured to a home St Mirren match at all such was the state of the club and the performances on the pitch. Having said that I have already stated that if my £25 per month membership of SMiSA did ever see me win the raffled seat in the directors box for a match, I'd much rather see that auctioned or raffled off to raise funds for one of the local juvenile football clubs or charities than benefit from that myself. 

On the subject of your initial post though Ricky, it sounds to me like the checks were just carried out in a rather cack handed manner. I'd say that if the steward looked at your group and saw that each one of you had a ticket and that the probability from looking at your group was that some of your party were of an age where concession tickets might apply I'd have been inclined to tell the steward just to let you in. If it happened that the club did lose out of the odd tenner from a young fan posing as a student when he isn't one then I would take the view that losing that tenner was better than potentially embarrassing the lad and the family, getting it wrong and upsetting everyone, and in the end possibly turning a potential regular customer into someone who might never come back again. View the loss in the same way as you would when kids were lifted over the turnstyle back in our much younger days. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

IOn the subject of your initial post though Ricky, it sounds to me like the checks were just carried out in a rather cack handed manner. I'd say that if the steward looked at your group and saw that each one of you had a ticket and that the probability from looking at your group was that some of your party were of an age where concession tickets might apply I'd have been inclined to tell the steward just to let you in. If it happened that the club did lose out of the odd tenner from a young fan posing as a student when he isn't one then I would take the view that losing that tenner was better than potentially embarrassing the lad and the family, getting it wrong and upsetting everyone, and in the end possibly turning a potential regular customer into someone who might never come back again. View the loss in the same way as you would when kids were lifted over the turnstyle back in our much younger days. 

The Steward was instructed to ask for confirmation that they were Students, not to check their age.

As explained, the tickets were bought online on an age basis - not as students.

The only connection therefore was my e mail to the club requesting information on a remainder of the season, season ticket for 1 senior and 1 student.

This is what personalised it. 

By chance,I have a foreign surname which some think is African.

Saturday was I believe a say no to racism day.

Strange

21 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Why can't we have a pay at the gate option ? There was the old story peddled about the police insisting however since the inception of Police Scotland I simply don't believe that as we all know umpteen stadiums in Scotland with cash gates so if it is the case why us ? Surely that smacks of discrimination and the club should be vocally and publicly fighting any such imposition.

Cause theres nae space for a person to take money in the tunstile?

11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The Steward was instructed to ask for confirmation that they were Students, not to check their age.

The only connection therefore was my e mail to the club requesting information on a remainder of the season, season ticket for 1 senior and 1 student.

Strange

Ah you see right there is where the majority will spot who you really are St Ricky... you took that too far, schoolboy error.

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Strange

Oh FFS !!!   So now your a wealthy African business tycoon with connections in the Middle east who has been picked on by those horrible Racist oppressors from G4S   ??   :lol:lol:lol

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ah you see right there is where the majority will spot who you really are St Ricky... you took that too far, schoolboy error.

Thank you .Lord PM.

I did consider this before posting. 

The actual point I am making, I think,  is that whilst I acknowledge the points made by others that unfortunately some people may, to use their words use the system to diddle the club, I am certainly not one of them.  More important than my own circumstances however, is the way this was handled. I repeat,  the steward was polite and apologetic. The fault, if any lies with the ticket office. 

I do not want to see young people discouraged from coming to the games by being embarrassed at the turnstile.  Thankfully, both the steward and I dealt with it quietly. 

The good news is that the lads want to go again. I worked for many years in a member owned organisation and am aware of how apparently hidden problems can occur when dealing with members. 

This one was easily avoided. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Oh FFS !!!   So now your a wealthy African business tycoon with connections in the Middles east who has been picked on by those horrible Racist oppressors from G4S   ??   :lol:lol:lol

Not at all.

You may read it that way.

I have been fortunate enough to work accross Scotland, UK, Europe, Near East, Africa and the Far East in business improvement.

My concern in raising the issue on here is to open the question of the effectiveness of present ticketing arrangenents.

This has, I know been raised in various forms by a number of members of the forum. 

This is just one more example. Now what is currently a problem is also an opportunity for improvement.

Improvements in apprioach as well as systems. To use another regular posters phrase to be "treated as customers" not Fans.

You will never find me belittling posts from any forum member even if I take a different view.

Instead, I hope that I try to look at the broader issues involved.

Edited by St.Ricky

On 10/16/2016 at 10:48 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Why can't we have a pay at the gate option ? There was the old story peddled about the police insisting however since the inception of Police Scotland I simply don't believe that as we all know umpteen stadiums in Scotland with cash gates so if it is the case why us ? Surely that smacks of discrimination and the club should be vocally and publicly fighting any such imposition.

I actually believe this goes back to the Love Street days - which kind of makes sense.

Despite all the decades of cash at gate & crowds of 20000 in the bygone years, Strathclyde Police (as they were) expressed a concern about dozens of folk queing / walking on the highway at 1445 of a Saturday!

Times however, have moved on!!

12 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Why is this see me see me pish still running. This is the most sycophantic self aggrandising nonsense on here in a while. That's worthy in itself of acknowledgement I suppose.

Mods, get this shit closed.

Your vocabulary does you credit even if I take the completely opposite view.  Self aggrandising certainly not. Just stating facts to give context.

If I have given that impression then I would aplogise.

Difficult to take the sycophantic comment seriously though since I have raised a criticism.  By the way, I also gave praise to the ticket office for their initial and I thought very helpful reply to my query. 

Credit where credit is due but this provides an opportunity for further improvement in line with the sentiments  shown in Tony Fitzpatrick's U tube video.

You are entitled to disagree. 

Apology accepted. Glad to cut through the clammy ott creamy clam chowder. It was seriously rank. On point, we've all been there done that, got the tee shirt. I'll desist from proclaiming my entrepreneurial exploits and not bore you with my educational achievements or tax band status. I think what's best observed here is that a decent looking omelette ended up completely over egged. Oh and for the record , my team ( our team ) are obviously still, crudely speaking, utter pish at present. That's about it then. [emoji106]

23 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Not at all.

You may read it that way.

I have been fortunate enough to work accross Scotland, UK, Europe, Near East, Africa and the Far East in business improvement.

My concern in raising the issue on here is to open the question of the effectiveness of present ticketing arrangenents.

This has, I know been raised in various forms by a number of members of the forum. 

This is just one more example. Now what is currently a problem is also an opportunity for improvement.

Improvements in apprioach as well as systems. To use another regular posters phrase to be "treated as customers" not Fans.

You will never find me belittling posts from any forum member even if I take a different view.

Instead, I hope that I try to look at the broader issues involved.

Nice deflection St R.

you've still got them hooked

On 15/10/2016 at 10:41 PM, St.Ricky said:

I have sent an e mail to the club but have also raised the issue here for others to see and comment on - for or against.

The pity is that one of the young men is also the son of a very well known family in Abu Dhabi.

You know - the country from which Ethiad operate and where the owner of Manchaster City FC resides.

well i come from the same country as the Queen and Mike Ashley, you know, the woman who owns the country and the guy who owns Newcastle?  I am from a very well known family in Paisley.

That makes me something?  Doesn't it?

Sid/  is that you?

I blame Tam Cowan myself. He admitted on Off The Ball that when Motherwell were playing in Paisley his mates used to all buy child/unemployed/OAP tickets at the ticket office and get entry via the auto turnstiles which were not verified. I dare say that others listening would try the same tactic.