Most important games in our History?

I don't know how others feel on here, some think we are having , a blip, a poor start, it will be all ok in the morning?

We have 2 matches coming up this week, that may well define our future , not just our league position.

One thing is certain, there is something far wrong at Saints, simply put, our players suck. They have no fight or graft

Do we blame the last 5 managers, the old BOD, the new board, the bunch of lassies that get a first team strip or a collection of everything.

On paper ( whatever that means) we should be challenging, in reality we are cannon fodder. Hibs thrashed us Saturday.... the one thing AR and JR have in common is the same players.

Ben Gordon goes to Alloa, cant even get a game..... the rest of our buy ins, couldnt get a game , Quinn, Clarkson, Sutton- to be cruel are rejects..... Webster, Hardie come on.!!!

I am with the team as always, I support whatever........... but as we don't have a Shuggie Murray busting a gut, I really am concerned lose at Ton we are played 11 lost 7 won zero. That's down down down. Where is  our tiger, we had him, he was called Jim Goodwin.....

Ton have won 5 of their last 7 games, beaten United put up a very good performance against Dons, and have a massive score to settle. against us..... Any form guide says we have no chance, unless we scrap, same against Sons, who are scrappers.

I am sure there are similar threads, similar thoughts, but guys, I really worried, we drop down a league again we are in total crap....

I am trying to see where this turns. TC won away at Thistle, IM won away at QOS, AR finally got our home form better, JR of course is just in......

Be prepared we lose next 2, then its going to be near impossible to turn around our season......

As we have a lived thru the last 2 seasons- I don't think I am being pessimistic. Whatever JR does, we need some steel and a leader on the pitch

Can anyone see a way out of this? Or is it all just a bad dream. ?

Hard to judge on Saturday in particular. I know Hibs have been a bit hot and cold but not many teams will go to Easter Road and win.

Dundee Utd are also a very decent side so the first couple of games, although we've lost 2-0 in both, are difficult barometers for what Jack has done so far.

We'll find out much more about the players and the management team this week.

I expect a point tomorrow night and a win on Saturday, two results that will lift us off the bottom and ahead of a run of more winnable games at home which will hopefully see us reign in Dumfermline and close the gap on the rest.

You'd be a fool not to be concerned at this stage and it is a big week ahead, but we do still have time to get ourselves out of this and the only thing we can do, as supporters, is give the team and manager as much backing as we possibly can.

Most important in our history - possibly since the Ayr Utd. game in 2003/04 or going a bit further back the Stirling Albion game in 97/98.

Also I can just about remember the 74/75 season when we had to finish in the Top Six to make the First Division (the middle tier at the time) - IIRC we weren't in the Top Six till quite late in the season and finished behind teams like Montrose & East Fife.

Those of us with long memories have been here before but yep this is about as bad as I can remember...............

I couldn't care less. 

The present Squad of players are a disgrace to their trade. 

The sooner they are booted out of St Mirren Football Club, the better. 

I would rather have  the Tannoy fixed presently.  

The next two games are crucial, I can't comment on performances as I've been unable to attend games this season due to work commitments, Thinking of heading along tomorrow though. As Div says, if we pick up 4 points in the next two games everything changes. The players just need to keep treating every game for the next two months as a final at the moment. Grind out a few results and hopefully the confidence will grow

Ross for Boss was not my preferred choice a few weeks back, i was and still remain convinced we needed a more experienced, cute, savvy, streetwise campaigner to put an arm round a few shoulders, kick a few backsides and get the support on side to avoid relegation. Reasoning for this being there will be no January transfer war chest, the manager will have to make the best with what he has.

if we were extremely lucky there may be someone, maybe flying under the radar who could come in as a loanee, or early release free agent that might help turn our fortunes, realistically though, if you take Isma out of the equation,  we have picked a sack of shit up on most occasions in January.

Ross hasn't got a genuine reaction from the squad, they are performing as they were before his arrival, no dead cat bounce, as yet. And reading his interviews, jeez he uses 10,000 words when ten will do, and you are still none the wiser! I had and still do hope Fowler has a good influence on the squad, i liked his appointment as deputy, but he will be working on Ross's show and obviously will have to toe the line.

Ross hasnt had a full season in management yet, but the expectation still held by some fellow buds is he will lead us away from relegation, to perhaps even a play-off spot... is this realistic?

I have heard from the manager, players and some fellow buds the comments 'we are improving', 'there are more positives than negatives', 'we just need a bit of luck'... in my opinion none of this matters or is relevant to our plight, we need points and wins any bloody way possible or we will all be in the Gary Glitter.

What i want to hear, and I think the players and support do too is... 'we are going to fight for every point', 'there is no place for anyone to hide', 'its us against the rest', 'every game is a six-point, cup final battle from here in'.... because when the team plays as it does at the moment, without confidence, quality and the ability to pressure the opposition, then the one thing they need to rally around is 'belief'.., the belief that they can battle and take points, the belief that their team mates, and support are right behind them, the belief that they are capable of walking off the park with points no matter how hard, or scrappy their performance was.

going back to my opening lines that Ross wasnt my preferred candidate, and why that may be? Remember that other recent League Cup Final, when it seemed that their was justice and footbaling gods looking down, righting a few wrongs, and ensuring we had a good spell of a game against Nine men to deliver a result on behalf of the rest of the country...

when that fell apart so shambolically, and the dust had settled, i will always remember the quote Ross gave to the media in the aftermath... asked about why we conceeded and lost a game to nine men he said after the sending offs we "didnt have a chance to re-group". I hope he has learnt something since that day.

1 hour ago, div said:

Hard to judge on Saturday in particular. I know Hibs have been a bit hot and cold but not many teams will go to Easter Road and win.

Dundee Utd are also a very decent side so the first couple of games, although we've lost 2-0 in both, are difficult barometers for what Jack has done so far.

We'll find out much more about the players and the management team this week.

I expect a point tomorrow night and a win on Saturday, two results that will lift us off the bottom and ahead of a run of more winnable games at home which will hopefully see us reign in Dumfermline and close the gap on the rest.

You'd be a fool not to be concerned at this stage and it is a big week ahead, but we do still have time to get ourselves out of this and the only thing we can do, as supporters, is give the team and manager as much backing as we possibly can.

I go with Div and his approach on this one. 

None of us could argue other than that these games and the others in November will go a long way to defining not just our season but perhaps much more.

However I have liked the fight in the side and quite a bit of the football we have played against the league's two top teams if not the results.

The New Board have acted. They have appointed a new manager. Time will judge both.

Meanwhile I intend to be in Greenock and at all of the other games in November giving my full backing to the team on the park.

Edited by St.Ricky

14 minutes ago, shull said:

What about every match we have already played, with these absolutely shite players? 

Fatty Mallan , fatty Shankland, nae hauns Langfield and the rest of the trash.  

Petty childish insults like this say more about you than the players.

If you are a St.Mirren supporter you will support the team through the good times and the bad.

5 minutes ago, div said:

If you are a St.Mirren supporter you will support the team through the good times and the bad.

Never stopped supporting them dafty, and never will. Stupid post you made. 

The players are crap. 

Shankland and Mallan are clearly overweight and unfit. 

Try not and pull rank on being a superfan. 

Makes you sound ridiculous. 

Does anyone who watches the U20s games regularly, know if there are any other players who could potentially make the step up now? I hear that young Kyle Magennis done well for his debut on Saturday.
My point being, there are maybe some areas of the park that need challenging for spots, whilst we look threadbare in defence and midfield currently for options.

Imo, i think the games that cant go missed without picking up a single point are Dumbarton and Dunfermline. A win tomorrow night would be a magnificent way of boosting morale on the lead up to this yes, though a point at this stage, especially with Mortons form, would be a good point. 

And every competitive game is important in our history. 

100% should be given by all players at all times. 

Not just for a Tuesday night in f**king Greenock or at home to Dumbarton. 

Every match FFS 

1 minute ago, kevo_smfc said:

Does anyone who watches the U20s games regularly, know if there are any other players who could potentially make the step up now? I hear that young Kyle Magennis done well for his debut on Saturday.
My point being, there are maybe some areas of the park that need challenging for spots, whilst we look threadbare in defence and midfield currently for options.

Imo, i think the games that cant go missed without picking up a single point are Dumbarton and Dunfermline. A win tomorrow night would be a magnificent way of boosting morale on the lead up to this yes, though a point at this stage, especially with Mortons form, would be a good point. 

We beat Morton last Season and we still remained shite. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

We beat Morton last Season and we still remained shite. 

Let's try and stay positive Shull :)  Morale and form go hand in hand whether its on a positive or negative run of results.

We need to turn a corner and start winning and that could very well be tomorrow night. I can't remember the last time we had 4 home games in a row either, so this could be our chance to get a formula working right at home and make St Mirren Park a fortress.

Keep the faith!

Tuesdays match isn't a must win, it's not even a must draw. It's far too early in the season for any of that yet.

Jack Ross still has time to turn the team around but he needs to find a solution to ensure the side stay active and competitive for the full 90 minutes, instead of just competing for the first 20 before downing tools as they have done every time I've seen them of late. 

The f**king home strips are bad enough on their own. 

Made a million times worse with the inadequate players wearing them. Disgracing our Club so far. 

Deserve no wage for playing football. 

Total pish. 

1 hour ago, div said:

Aye, showing your true colours there Shull, more to say than anyone, but when the chips are down u criticize .Proving 50k of yours posts are self indulgent pish

2 hours ago, shull said:

Never stopped supporting them dafty, and never will. Stupid post you made. 

The players are crap. 

Shankland and Mallan are clearly overweight and unfit. 

Try not and pull rank on being a superfan. 

Makes you sound ridiculous. 

Yes, it's clearly me who sounds ridiculous.

Really hate reading "supporters" abusing their own team, can't ever understand it.

On to the ignore list you go.