The battle to avoid relegation

7 minutes ago, elvis said:

Just confirming that the club have given up on trying to stay up in my opinion .

Is this on the official site ? 

Don't be daft , it's only the 5th of Jan . Plenty of time to get some new faces in .

10 minutes ago, munoz said:

It's a very difficult window to try and get any real quality in . Unfortunately the loan market is probably our best shout .

Hopefully I'm proved wrong . 

We shouldn't be in the position whereby so much seems to be hinging on our January window, but it seems to be the case (albeit I can't imagine we'll see a huge impact).

2 minutes ago, Kendo said:

You're right let's just sign anyone its time to panic buy that's what's needed. How daft are we all not to realise this. 

I am not saying panic buy but if you  think we have time on our hands to sit about waiting I think your kidding yourself

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

I am not saying panic buy but if you  think we have time on our hands to sit about waiting I think your kidding yourself

Do you really think we're sitting about twiddling our thumbs wasting time?

Do you really think we're sitting about twiddling our thumbs wasting time?

I don't think he thinks that at all.

Although there are 17 games left , we need to work on the basis we have 14 ( based on current points ) as if we don't get ourselves in a position to get out of it in 14 , the last 3 become irrelevant to the cause.

If we wait 3 or 4 more fixtures to bring in the new players ? Then they will have 10/11 games to gel and rescue what we couldn't do In the previous 22/23 games.

As Jack would of had 30 of the 36 games to manage , he should shoulder some responsibility surely ?

The question of sacking a manager who plays a part in getting a team relegated is for a different thread.

21 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Our last decent January window was when we recruited Newton and Goncalves and the extension of Dummett. The reality is that quality is not available to our club anymore.

Indeed. The days of unearthing a Goncalves, Dummett or Newton, or parading a Charlie Adam signing with three other guys in tow on the same day are long gone. Fcuk knows who we will get to sign for us in League One. If we are relegated to League One, I can only see extreme downsizing that would see us go into next season at best on an equal footing with clubs such as Airdriebank FC in regard to strength of playing squad. Having spunked away our top flight status, we simply saw further slow decline, which will continue to be the case if we slip into the third tier. We won't even have the best stadium in the division. Fourth best maybe, should Livingston still be in it.

Brrrr. Chilly in here today. Another downside to the third tier is that as it currently stands, Queens Park aside, all the teams in it are from shithole towns, so away days will be grim fare. Brrrr.... very chilly in here today. Fcuk sake St Mirren.

As an aside, let's save Stu 'set to ignore by SMiSA' Dick the trouble....'Shithole towns? St Mirren will fit right in then'. There you go Dicko. Saved you from doing it.

Edited by pozbaird

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

No but there is obviously no urgency on the matter.

& you know this how ?   The manager stated a couple of weeks back what he wanted to bring in to the club, do you think he was waiting till January kicked in before making plans to land players for these key areas.  Indeed , do you think he only thought of it on the day he stated it on the OS ?

You are indeed a very silly individual.

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Yes ok lets just wait and see .

You also have to factor in the actions of players who are available. A player would be well within his rights to wait and see what offers are on the table for him. He doesn`t have to accept the first team who comes in for him.

In the case of an in demand player , there may be many clubs trying to secure his services. Are you saying that rather than at least try for this sort of player we should simply grab the first one who is offered to us by desperate agents ?

I`m glad you didnt apply for the CEO role !!!

48 minutes ago, Drew said:

We shouldn't be in the position whereby so much seems to be hinging on our January window, but it seems to be the case (albeit I can't imagine we'll see a huge impact).

I agree , but thanks to whoever (Alex Rae ) there's a hell of a lot riding on this window . 

I'm hopeful that we can land 1 or 2 players that will improve the team , and our chances of staying up . 

Our last decent January window was when we recruited Newton and Goncalves and the extension of Dummett. The reality is that quality is not available to our club anymore.

Oh yes, these guys,Newton,Dummett the lazy Goncalves, [emoji1] slated and ridiculed by some were responsible for a great historic moment for our club. Gawd these days seem long ago now. That Newton finish, every time I watch it I swear it is going outside the post ! Then the net bulges, brilliant.

Memories, that's our footballing journeys next destination unless we start by winning and putting three or four wins together soon we will see Paisley as a footballing back water for years to come.

Shame that, it looks like we've been punching way above our status for over a decade at least.

The annoying thing is we just could never get ourselves established like the mighty Perth Saints or the steely Well.
We could never establish ourselves as a solid Top 12 team,but thanks for trying DL. Always managed to shoot ourselves in the foot

It's the constantly building you up to kick you down, it's the St mirren way. That feckin hope thing, irks so much.

Come on Saints, do this start punching again [emoji8] start on Saturday.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

This is Jacks first ever transfer window in full time football. As with all managers in this situation, he will have a lot to learn.

Ha ha... love this one!

so he has got his excuses in before even getting a player through the door? C'mon this is Ross's watch, he said when he got the job he could improve our lot with the quality he saw in the squad, his words, lets see him 'walk the talk' for a change and take responsibility.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ha ha... love this one!

so he has got his excuses in before even getting a player through the door? C'mon this is Ross's watch, he said when he got the job he could improve our lot with the quality he saw in the squad, his words, lets see him 'walk the talk' for a change and take responsibility.

:lol:

Aye, TC is always on hand with an excuse on Jack Ross' behalf.

Ha ha... love this one!

Well can you expect a new manager to get his first transfer window in full time football right? Of course not, he's going to make mistakes and he's going to get caught on the hop by more experienced campaigners. It's just another reason why his appointment was the wrong one.

Our rivals obviously identified their targets early and already have them signed and available for this weekends vital round of games. We haven't and the one signing we have made is unavailable for reasons I don't understand.

It smacks of us not really having a coherent strategy going into the most vital transfer window in the football clubs history. What's most disheartening, is that this isn't in the least bit surprising.

Bit of a melt down here lads. Storie will make a massive difference to our midfield.  Ja k has said in the PDE he will bring in 3 to 4 more. Im not overly worried not yet. We will get out of this mess. Here in Egypt Friday & Saturday is the weekend Sunday is there Monday. So i am away to have some vino with my pasta. 

Indeed. The days of unearthing a Goncalves, Dummett or Newton, or parading a Charlie Adam signing with three other guys in tow on the same day are long gone. Fcuk knows who we will get to sign for us in League One. If we are relegated to League One, I can only see extreme downsizing that would see us go into next season at best on an equal footing with clubs such as Airdriebank FC in regard to strength of playing squad. Having spunked away our top flight status, we simply saw further slow decline, which will continue to be the case if we slip into the third tier. We won't even have the best stadium in the division. Fourth best maybe, should Livingston still be in it.
Brrrr. Chilly in here today. Another downside to the third tier is that as it currently stands, Queens Park aside, all the teams in it are from shithole towns, so away days will be grim fare. Brrrr.... very chilly in here today. Fcuk sake St Mirren.
As an aside, let's save Stu 'set to ignore by SMiSA' Dick the trouble....'Shithole towns? St Mirren will fit right in then'. There you go Dicko. Saved you from doing it.

Clyde could also be promoted