The Lawn Tennis Thread

shull

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Watched the highlights, as brief as they were, of Federers match..............as usual, stunningly good. His consistency and brilliance is a joy to watch and anyone who has seen him throughout his career should be just grateful. Hard to see anyone beat him on this form.

Mark Cox would beat him .

What about Roger Taylor, Dan ?

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Too close to call today. Need to watch how both players start before placing a small wager. :rolleyes:

Good idea Dan. 

In fact, wait till the Match is finished before placing your bet. 

Dinnae need to thank me.  :byebye

Glad Nadal and Murray are out as I don't have to subject myself to further tennis torture. These are the only two I like to see do well, so that's that then.

Not surprising to see the huge anti Murray sentiment getting expressed via various media outlets. Very disappointing nevertheless, but that's just it, they don't like his Scottish aggression strength and determination, the reason he has bagged two Wimbledon titles in the first place [emoji1]

Significant numbers down there in SW19 really don't like AM and cannot graciously accept or acknowledge that it was a "Jock wot done it" and won these Wimbledon titles [emoji13]

Anyway, stuff that tennis malarkey, c'mon the golfers [emoji959]

10 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Glad Nadal and Murray are out as I don't have to subject myself to further tennis torture. These are the only two I like to see do well, so that's that then.

Not surprising to see the huge anti Murray sentiment getting expressed via various media outlets. Very disappointing nevertheless, but that's just it, they don't like his Scottish aggression strength and determination, the reason he has bagged two Wimbledon titles in the first place emoji1.png

Significant numbers down there in SW19 really don't like AM and cannot graciously accept or acknowledge that it was a "Jock wot done it" and won these Wimbledon titles emoji13.png

Anyway, stuff that tennis malarkey, c'mon the golfers emoji959.png

Waste o' a guid walk. .B)

Golf courses.... green deserts.   All life dies there. 

There's no wild life and they're boring to run on...  unless the streets are full of snow and ice, when the fairways are braw and your spikes or XC shoes come into their own.

I guess if I EVER get old enough to take up that pastime, then I might change my mind a little...   :P

9 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Golf courses are the best manicured open spaces on the country. Always a pleasurable walk and the 19th hospitality always welcome. What's not to love........emoji847.png

Never played a game in my life ( apart from the crazy variety) , however in my younger days I used to caddy for my old dad who was a 24 handicap all his days . He loved it , even though his scores were high , but I failed to see the attraction myself. . -_-

Golf courses.... green deserts.   All life dies there. 
There's no wild life and they're boring to run on...  unless the streets are full of snow and ice, when the fairways are braw and your spikes or XC shoes come into their own.

I guess if I EVER get old enough to take up that pastime, then I might change my mind a little...   [emoji14]

Plenty wildlife, plenty rare flora and fauna as well. The ol mercury based weed control substances long gone. Wonderful agronomy skills utilised to turn out the better golf courses to a magnificent standard of splendour and wonderment.

A weeks golf in Portugal, or the west coast of Scotland, you'd be a convert to that most skilfully demanding of games.

Physical fitness , strong mindset and perseverance all needed to make a success of it at a decent level. It's only limited minded hackers that express disdain over the game. Plus you get the coolest of golf apparel to strut around in.

Right now, where's that wee baffler hybrid ????‍♂️

2 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Plenty wildlife, plenty rare flora and fauna as well. The ol mercury based weed control substances long gone. Wonderful agronomy skills utilised to turn out the better golf courses to a magnificent standard of splendour and wonderment.

A weeks golf in Portugal, or the west coast of Scotland, you'd be a convert to that most skilfully demanding of games.

Physical fitness , strong mindset and perseverance all needed to make a success of it at a decent level. It's only limited minded hackers that express disdain over the game. Plus you get the coolest of golf apparel to strut around in.

Right now, where's that wee baffler hybrid

I read your post - it seemed almost convincing - I was almost hooked - I was buying into it...

Until I reached that bit, above!

What a brilliant wind-up merchant you are!  :lol

Guest TPAFKATS
Williams wins 1st set 6-4. Tight match. Nothing much in it at this stage. Still don't agree the women should get equal money as they don't play the same amount of tennis.

Ffs, you're just trying to upset the pseudo intellectual version of Dickson with that last sentence [emoji23]