New Striker

Flareybob

I'm not actually remotely serious about AS. I posted because there is so much rubbish in this overall subject that if you are going to throw names around then you may as well add Stokes into the discussion as much as anyone else. If anyone can't read into that irony, then heaven help us!

Both Stokes and Murray are away outside our budget and added to that if Lennon can't control AS after two attempts he is obviously pretty bad news.

The  whole subject is really very laughable. Guess and conjecture as much as you want, but treat each and every post as a joke!

44 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

"Stokes is an embarrassment of an individual who wont get within a mile of our club."

I agree, he is obviously a flawed individual who manages to upset dressing rooms and managers, but someone will take him and maybe get some benefit along the way ................ his career isn't finished, and some club somewhere will take him on and hope that they can knock some sense into his imperfect character / brain.

As long as it ain't us wasting time and money on that imbecile he can play wherever they'll have him.

2 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Yes thats true , but we can always claim we have the guy who beat up Elvis (and not our forum buddie).

We got Gowser because Lennon had behavioural problems with him or was hard to manage . He turned out alright , for a wee while. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

As long as it ain't us wasting time and money on that imbecile he can play wherever they'll have him.

I thought Stokes and NL were made for each other.................. both total w""kers.

Stokes is so overrated player ever, could not get into a rubbish Blackburn team, or even play under Delia regularly, Lennon knew he was a rocket yet still signed the hairpiece....

Jack wouldn't  pss on him ......................    and I bet he is at least 5 k plus a week

Edited by DougJamie

2 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Not for the first time!

Indeed, but it is intriguing that we now seem to be speculating about how unlikely it is that this or that player will join us:lol:

Edited by Drew

2 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

"Stokes is an embarrassment of an individual who wont get within a mile of our club."

I agree, he is obviously a flawed individual who manages to upset dressing rooms and managers, but someone will take him and maybe get some benefit along the way ................ his career isn't finished, and some club somewhere will take him on and hope that they can knock some sense into his imperfect character / brain.

It' a big chance to take but if anyone can get through to his thick scull its Jack Ross. You got to ask though Celtic , Hibs ,  could he get a better gig than us ? 

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It' a big chance to take but if anyone can get through to his thick scull its Jack Ross. You got to ask though Celtic , Hibs ,  could he get a better gig than us ? 

Ok ur a sensible dude, so why are u joining this Stokes crap?

. It wont happen, more chance Dembele will sign for us......

Jack has built a tight squad so why would he want a troublemaker who will be on at least 3 times what Lewis is on..................

Some wanted Scott McDonald and he hardly has set the Championship on fire..................

Jack knows what he needs . Look what he has done with Reilly.................

Edited by DougJamie

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ok ur a sensible dude, so why are u joining this Stokes crap?

. It wont happen, more chance Dembele will sign for us......

Jack has built a tight squad so why would he want a troublemaker who will be on at least 3 times what Lewis is on..................

Some wanted Scott McDonald and he hardly has set the Championship on fire..................

Jack knows what he needs . Look what he has done with Reilly.................

I' m just joining the dot trail which leads to an experienced SPL striker which will have some Saints fans up in arms. There is only one like that who is being shown the door by his club. Of course i could be wrong. 

49 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I' m just joining the dot trail which leads to an experienced SPL striker which will have some Saints fans up in arms. There is only one like that who is being shown the door by his club. Of course i could be wrong. 

You are.... there is now less than a week to get this ironed out... if it doesn't work out this window, I'm sorry to say that I don't see it happening in the summer... he has other options...

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

You are.... there is now less than a week to get this ironed out... if it doesn't work out this window, I'm sorry to say that I don't see it happening in the summer... he has other options...

I think the answer to this stupid thread is-

WHY ???

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I think the answer to this stupid thread is-

WHY ???

The player has options between at least two clubs (possibly his best options for his career if the financial package is right as well) He could also stay where he is on more money (but they may pay some of his wages as a pay off). So negotiation are between multiple parties, and his agent wants his cut too. If his choice is not with us now, chances are he will sign a longer term deal with the other club and not come to us in the summer either..

I am sorry.. I would be excited if he comes to us but I won't break confidence I was sworn to keep, especially for him, but also because it may not come off for us... If it comes out later fine. I don't know all the details but thought fans would be pleased to know that management has big ambitions.. and is trying hard to move us onwards and upwards.