Jack Ross Must Go.

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I was very understanding of Jack Ross going to Sunderland & thought he was unfortunate to get the bullet at Hibs, right before a cup final. 

I didn’t grudge him anything in his managerial career but after jumping right in at the first job offer in the premiership after refusing the approach from us when Goodwin left, I have little sympathy now. 

I have went back to an old job twice in my whole career and regretted it both times, both times it was the wrong decision even though first time round the job was great.

21 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I have went back to an old job twice in my whole career and regretted it both times, both times it was the wrong decision even though first time round the job was great.

I imagine with hindsight Jack Ross would bite your hand off to have taken the Saints job over the United one… 

Edited by bazil85

On 8/30/2022 at 1:20 PM, TopCat said:

The fraud has well and truly been found out. No Lewis Morgan running amok and he can't manage his way out of a paper bag. Three clubs since leaving us, three sackings. Would be surprised if he manages to get another top flight gig. 

Well hopefully that gig with us is finally sailed... now we just need to wipe the memories of the odd fan or two who keep calling for Paul Lambert and we'll be fine with the compensation we get when Robbo moves on to take up the post at PSG or Real Madrid,  even if it all goes tits up in a few weeks... either Gig will see his bank balance soar way past Jackie Boys. 

Donald Trump Happy Dance GIF by Curious Pavel

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I didn’t grudge him anything in his managerial career but after jumping right in at the first job offer in the premiership after refusing the approach from us when Goodwin left, I have little sympathy now. 

For some folk, going back to a previous job, is not for them.

I'll respect Jack' decision. As others have said, he took us on a cracking football adventure & for that, he'll always have my thanks. We enjoyed the trip.

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I was very understanding of Jack Ross going to Sunderland & thought he was unfortunate to get the bullet at Hibs, right before a cup final. 

Unless Ross has told you personally, you may be wrong in assuming it was the first offer he had and seldom works out second time round.

11 hours ago, hamlet said:

Unless Ross has told you personally, you may be wrong in assuming it was the first offer he had and seldom works out second time round.

I know. I don’t think there’s any harm in the assumption & the timing makes it a bit irrelevant to me, if he had other job offers in between. It’s the perception. 

Didn’t want the St Mirren job in February, jumped at the United one in June. No sympathy for what’s happened. 

48 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I'm assuming whatever payments he was getting from Hibs would have ended if he took a post with us mid season and possibly ended at the end of the season in any case, which would have been June.

That's assuming he was put on "gardening leave". I don't remember anything being said to that being the case. If they came to a mutual decision on any pay off it wouldn't stop him taking another job.