Sonny

Chairman's Update

Season Tickets will not be valid. 
Admission Prices will probably be around twenty pounds. 
We might win or lose first leg by 4 or 5 goals. 
Second leg could be irrelevant. 
Match will be live on the Telly. 
Given the 3 day turn around tickets will be sold long before the second leg. There will be more than 5k home fans, FACT.

I think that has been my point all along, why deprive our supporters in favour of the opposition, but for some reason loads of boards apologists have been twisting and turning to justify it. 
If and it is only an if we are in the play offs and if it is against United. I believe the total crowd would be higher by giving them both stands. 
ST’s won’t be valid for this game so we wouldn’t be ‘moving’ anyone. Surely this is the type of scenario our board and their fans will be looking to be consistent in their outlook on. The fact the income goes to the league further adds to the argument that United having both ends would be good for Scottish football as a whole!
I am a big critic of the two stands to the OF crap but your are talking pish here. The two "big" stands hold approx 5000, that will not be enough for home fans based on recent home crowds so again why would we deprive home fans in favour of away. I hate the two stands to the cheeks nonsense but I accept it isn't depriving home fans of a ticket. Your plan imo in a play off final 2nd leg would.

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
4 hours ago, DumboBud said:
I think that has been my point all along, why deprive our supporters in favour of the opposition, but for some reason loads of boards apologists have been twisting and turning to justify it. 
If and it is only an if we are in the play offs and if it is against United. I believe the total crowd would be higher by giving them both stands. 
ST’s won’t be valid for this game so we wouldn’t be ‘moving’ anyone. Surely this is the type of scenario our board and their fans will be looking to be consistent in their outlook on. The fact the income goes to the league further adds to the argument that United having both ends would be good for Scottish football as a whole!

I am a big critic of the two stands to the OF crap but your are talking pish here. The two "big" stands hold approx 5000, that will not be enough for home fans based on recent home crowds so again why would we deprive home fans in favour of away. I hate the two stands to the cheeks nonsense but I accept it isn't depriving home fans of a ticket. Your plan imo in a play off final 2nd leg would.

This isn’t my plan, this is Basils after the board announce it!

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
5 hours ago, shetland said:

Given the 3 day turn around tickets will be sold long before the second leg. There will be more than 5k home fans, FACT.

FACT ?  :lol:

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
17 hours ago, shetland said:

I think I will wait till after first leg before deciding whether to buy a ticket for the return match. 

Might watch on the Telly or maybe not bother at all. 

We really are shite and not worth the money. 

On 5/3/2019 at 4:23 PM, Kombibuddie said:

Who on here has said our chairman is a liar?

My apologies, i don't recall reading anyone actually say that.

Anyone that doesn’t accept the chairman’s comments is I’m afraid.

Doubt many will have the bottle to actually say it but questioning a black and white statement is as good as. 

On 5/4/2019 at 12:28 AM, slapsalmon said:

This is a red herring. The 10%  isn't a comparison of any allocations of stands. It's a direct comparison of last years playing staff budget compared with this year's. The breakdown of the stands is irrelevant. It doesn't matter wther it's 2 stands 1 stand or 3 stands.

The comparison he mentions is playing budget year on year. 

He also mentioned the arrangement allowed for a 10% higher budget, clear as day comment IMO. I take that to mean what he says and not as a ‘red herring’ 

Others choose not to, that’s their right but after all GLS has done and the fact he doesn’t personally profit one penny, I trust him. Some see that as a bad thing for whatever reason. 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:53 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

My guess is that when we play the ugly sisters we are looking at an extra 2k away fans on average (per game against them) compared with the average attendance from other premiership teams when we play them, and factor is that some home fans stay away, it is probably equivalent to having 1 extra home game a season and 1 extra first team player. If i was being picky it is more likely to be worth 5% on our budget rather than 10%. But what do I know?

Considerably less than the person with full access to our ticket sales, income, wage structure and player budget id say. 

6 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

I doubt GM would get the job with amount of hostility around to that idea. Plus there is no job up for grabs. All we have is 2 grubby rags storing up a nonsense. Wait and see before the waterworks starts.

Too late for that, about 20 pages today already. :lol:

If OK is struggling with being apart from his wife and young family I get that. However it has been a month since last game and decisions have to be made and quick. He should put his family first as they will always be there for him football is a harsh career and only as good as your last game. 

8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Very decent update. Minor thing perhaps but I'm pleased that facilities for recycling will be in the vomiteries. Might be affected by the rails to be added but appreciate the opportunity (I hope) to see these before the end of the season. Back to football. COYS

With respect to the Corona virus:

'We would like to reassure all our supporters that the club is in a strong financial position to deal with any eventuality that arises.'

That's good news.