Scotland Football Club

shull

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Clarke seems to have the tactical nuance to utilise what he has at his disposal. I definitely think he's far better than his counterpart in the English setup who, I think, gets fa more praise than he deserves.

From what I can gather, the English manager isn’t particularly rated by their fans. Their ability to always qualify for tournaments just about keeps him in a job. Of course the first good team they meet sees their exit. 

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

From what I can gather, the English manager isn’t particularly rated by their fans. Their ability to always qualify for tournaments just about keeps him in a job. Of course the first good team they meet sees their exit. 

England getting easy groups does them no favours...as u say first decent team beats them...hopefully we can turn them over..

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

England getting easy groups does them no favours...as u say first decent team beats them...hopefully we can turn them over..

As an association, and as supporters, they are so arrogant that, should we turn them over, I suspect a new manager would be on the cards.

5 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Why some fans are not keen on Southgate is that (a bit like Clarke) he is loyal to players who have done well for him in the past.  Some are solid and proficient not fancy stars.

Fans of other teams want their favourites in as soon as they show any prowess, at all.

21 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Yeah...Southgate on ten times Clarkes Salary.... he is also most successful manager since Ramsey...tough gig... as its hopefully never again coming home...Arrogant race

Technically speaking he may be based on having got to a final and a semi, but by some comfortable distance, the best England manager since Alf Ramsay, is pictured further up this thread with Steve Clarke. 

On 9/9/2023 at 9:09 AM, WeeBud said:

Shite Wind Up Merchant, You’re Just a Shite Wind Up Merchant……..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Away and take your face for a shite ya miserable arsehole 😂😂

Good news mate.... he will WUM no more on here.... 

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Technically speaking he may be based on having got to a final and a semi, but by some comfortable distance, the best England manager since Alf Ramsay, is pictured further up this thread with Steve Clarke. 

No disagreement there.... one of the best man managers of all time

As SC says this is just to see where Scotland are....we play Spain and France over next month...we are Group A Nations League so all the joys that brings...we are 4 or 5 points from being Pot 1 in Euros.... not bad for a team that lost 3 nil to Kazachstan...got thrashed by ROI and Russia.... what these players have achieved is a platform for a tourne performance....  tonight is a marker and England are pretty good despite what some think... be a great game....a draw be tremendous.... win and sets up nice for Spain....exciting times