Back To Reality

If there are ANY of you who only want to celebrate when we physically win a league or Cup then with all the respect in the world, you are supporting the wrong club.

There are two clubs just a few miles away in Glasgow where you might find better luck.

The idea that Jack has not achieved anything is simply laughable. I can't take that seriously. It is beyond disrespectful after what he has done for us in the last few months.

It is a hard fact that for a club like ours we will from time to time make the wrong call on a manager or squad and face potentially disastrous consequences. Saturday was a success and we should be celebrating it IMO. Unashamedly.

Edited by oaksoft

After a great day out in Edinburgh when every Saint fan there got right behind the team, we return to the forum with enough fighting and bitching to rival the labour party. Some people on here should turn their laptop off and take a chill pill.

48 minutes ago, DLBud said:

So, following that logic the fact that Morata can't get a game in front of Benzema or Rashford fails to usurp Zlatan means they're duds too?

Is it possible their respective managers like them but think the incumbents are simply better players?

How does that make you a dud?

Again who said they were duds? Not I

and really comparing Storey to Rashford? Get yersel a lie down.

28 minutes ago, insaintee said:

This is so wrong, and it's like the ghost of old board past. If they're not playing first team what the point of paying them. 

It's called building a squad. something we've not done in a long time. I've seen enough of Todd to know that he can do a job if for example Morgan picked up an injury:D

Storie and Fjeild also provide back up and could go on to push the players in the starting eleven. We were fortunate not to have to call on either player but I think Fjeild looked ok when he's been called on and Storie was a big part of our cup win in Dundee.  

Again we will see who he offers deals to, surely that will tell us how they are rated by the manager?

48 minutes ago, div said:

Yeah, thanks for pointing out how shite we were at the start of the season, I had forgotten all about that. Brilliant to be reminded.

Our wee ray of sunshine, just like your brother who decided to use Saturday night of all nights, as I was celebrating in the Bankhouse, to have a go at ME about Richard Atkinson for some unknown reason.

Let's find a good thing, and try and make it a negative. Brilliant outlook on life.

Ah now we get to the nub of it. I know nothing of your encounter on saturday night. Given as far as i am concerned you post totally unnecessary abuse, name call, get you're wee posse to join in, but then if someone calls you on it in the real world its a travesty..?

if you arent prepared to say it to someones face, then its better unsaid. 

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Again we will see who he offers deals to, surely that will tell us how they are rated by the manager?

Would be hard to offer Craig Storie a deal as he's under contract to Aberdeen until next Summer.

Personally I don't see any "deadwood" in the signings that Jack & James made in January. Fjelde is the one who perhaps hasn't had a lot of impact but his versaility could have been important had we lost either of the Centre Halves through injury. Stelios didn't get a lot of game time but still more than played his part in survival.

Josh Todd didn't play much either but again would have provided valuable cover for Morgan or Magennis and took his goal well enough at Tannadice to suggest he's got decent ability.

Football is about much more than the 11 men who start plus the 3 subs. Considering how tough January is to trade, I think Jack & James did outstandingly well with their recruitment.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ah now we get to the nub of it. I know nothing of your encounter on saturday night. Given as far as i am concerned you post totally unnecessary abuse, name call, get you're wee posse to join in, but then if someone calls you on it in the real world its a travesty..?

if you arent prepared to say it to someones face, then its better unsaid. 

You keep on accusing me of posting abuse, but actually you've yet to quote a single post where I've abused you.

If you or your brother want to talk to me "in the real world" then go right ahead. I don't hide, if you've something to say go right ahead and say it.

Why Peter decided, in the middle of all the celebrations on Saturday night, to ask me "where the fuck is Richard Atkinson now" was slightly absurd in my opinion but up to him.

I supported fan ownership under 10000Hours and I support fan ownership under SMiSA. I helped both organisations along the way because I had the skills to do so and believed both were trying to do the right thing.

Why I got that on Saturday night I've no idea. Strange time to bring it up!

2 minutes ago, div said:

Would be hard to offer Craig Storie a deal as he's under contract to Aberdeen until next Summer.

Personally I don't see any "deadwood" in the signings that Jack & James made in January. Fjelde is the one who perhaps hasn't had a lot of impact but his versaility could have been important had we lost either of the Centre Halves through injury. Stelios didn't get a lot of game time but still more than played his part in survival.

Josh Todd didn't play much either but again would have provided valuable cover for Morgan or Magennis and took his goal well enough at Tannadice to suggest he's got decent ability.

Football is about much more than the 11 men who start plus the 3 subs. Considering how tough January is to trade, I think Jack & James did outstandingly well with their recruitment.

If he fancied Storie then he would be trying to get a mutual out of McInnes, looks pretty certain he is surplus to requirements at Aberdeen. And the others is really down to opinions, what i have saw of them wasn't enough to convince me they were good enough. Again I never said that Ross didnt do well with signings, in fact i complimented him for getting a few gems in, and realising what he had all along. By his own admission he never wants to ship so many players in one window again, i take it from that admission he is saying they didnt all work out as hoped, which is entirely understandable given the numbers, timeframe and limited research options.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If he fancied Storie then he would be trying to get a mutual out of McInnes, looks pretty certain he is surplus to requirements at Aberdeen. And the others is really down to opinions, what i have saw of them wasn't enough to convince me they were good enough. Again I never said that Ross didnt do well with signings, in fact i complimented him for getting a few gems in, and realising what he had all along. By his own admission he never wants to ship so many players in one window again, i take it from that admission he is saying they didnt all work out as hoped, which is entirely understandable given the numbers, timeframe and limited research options.

Or alternatively he is saying that he never wants to have a squad lacking as much balance, skill and heart under his command again.............the situation that he inherited.

5 minutes ago, div said:

You keep on accusing me of posting abuse, but actually you've yet to quote a single post where I've abused you.

If you or your brother want to talk to me "in the real world" then go right ahead. I don't hide, if you've something to say go right ahead and say it.

Why Peter decided, in the middle of all the celebrations on Saturday night, to ask me "where the f**k is Richard Atkinson now" was slightly absurd in my opinion but up to him.

I supported fan ownership under 10000Hours and I support fan ownership under SMiSA. I helped both organisations along the way because I had the skills to do so and believed both were trying to do the right thing.

Why I got that on Saturday night I've no idea. Strange time to bring it up!

You will have to ask him about that, maybe he was rejoicing in what the support have achieved with Smisa? Perhaps also suitably refreshed.

Personally the "Atkinson Years" are best consigned to the dusty vaults of "wow.... we dodged a bullet there".. old hat now.

are you really saying you havent been posting all manner of stupid photos, comments and general rubbish towards me personally?

aye mibbae you are right and your account was hacked, for the record i offered to meet you several times, even offered to buy you a pint, you didn't accept once. Your round.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

You will have to ask him about that, maybe he was rejoicing in what the support have achieved with Smisa? Perhaps also suitably refreshed.

Personally the "Atkinson Years" are best consigned to the dusty vaults of "wow.... we dodged a bullet there".. old hat now.

are you really saying you havent been posting all manner of stupid photos, comments and general rubbish towards me personally?

aye mibbae you are right and your account was hacked, for the record i offered to meet you several times, even offered to buy you a pint, you didn't accept once. Your round.

I'll leave Peter to make his own mind up on what he was trying to acheive on Saturday, I'm not expecting you to speak for him.

I've posted plenty of stupid photos, generally in response to what I consider stupid posts.

You don't like me. I think you've made that abundantly clear over the past few years. Why we'd want to meet up for a pint I've no idea.

3 minutes ago, div said:

I'll leave Peter to make his own mind up on what he was trying to acheive on Saturday, I'm not expecting you to speak for him.

I've posted plenty of stupid photos, generally in response to what I consider stupid posts.

You don't like me. I think you've made that abundantly clear over the past few years. Why we'd want to meet up for a pint I've no idea.

To talk in the real world, instead of just aggravated outbursts on here. Might change nothing, but at least the opportunity for change is there.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

If there are ANY of you who only want to celebrate when we physically win a league or Cup then with all the respect in the world, you are supporting the wrong club.

There are two clubs just a few miles away in Glasgow where you might find better luck.

The idea that Jack has not achieved anything is simply laughable. I can't take that seriously. It is beyond disrespectful after what he has done for us in the last few months.

It is a hard fact that for a club like ours we will from time to time make the wrong call on a manager or squad and face potentially disastrous consequences. Saturday was a success and we should be celebrating it IMO. Unashamedly.

Agree. To say Jack Ross hasn't achieved anything is simply laughable trolling from someone who really should simply zip it a bit after pretty much making a cnut of themselves on the SMiSA thread. Even if Jack Ross' St Mirren side hadn't performed the great escape, Jack Ross has still managed to make grey slacks and a black zip-top look cool... and that in itself is some achievement.

Edited by pozbaird

Wrong on all your points. I never said he was a dud befire he signed., I said imo he wasnt the type of manager we needed (lack of experience), because in sacking Rae it seemed we would be going for someone "better" who could get us results straight away.
he has signed his own deadwood in Fjelde, Storey, Todd etc, proving how unpredictable turning over so many players cab be.
Ross was a big gamble as proved by only getting two wins in fourteen games. Yes he changed the squad and got results and performances but again imo we didnt need to go that close to oblivion. So now he has a new full season to show what his squad can achieve. Am i wrong, unrealistic etc to want that to be challenging for the title?
Ross has said himself thats his target, I want to see and enjoy that type of battle.

You're​ right, you didn't call them duds, although where on the rank of ability deadwood falls is anyone's guess - pretty close to duds would be my estimation...

Again who said they were duds? Not I
and really comparing Storey to Rashford? Get yersel a lie down.

Deadwood, duds, whatever.

This forum must be the absolute highlight of your day. You appear to live simply to take the opposite view and then throw yourself into arguing the point. Whether it's the validity of celebrating staying up, putting some of the lesser used squad members down or reminding us that Jack's team were pish before this great run you just can't help yourself.

You are nothing but an attention seeking fanny who comes on here to wind others up and unfortunately you'll never change so hopefully you'll go too far one night and earn yourself a ban and save us all from your incessant dribbling.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Davis is intresting if fit again he would be a great addition, but any offer he would be inclined to accept might not come until there is transfer/sell on money in the kitty.

Fjelde got his chance and hasnt featured in ages, as did Storey. Its mot that they haven't featured regularly, its that they haven't impressed the manager enough to get the jersey. Unless you think we should have benched McKenzie, McGinn and Magennis to fit Fjelde, Storey and Todd in?

So you ignored me challenging you about about the 'other deadwood' that Ross signed? I'll take that as an admission that you lied to to justify a poor argument and sustain an attack on Ross.

And you other point is laughable. By your reckoning anyone not in the first 11 is 'deadwood'. So next season we only go with 11 players? Away and give your ego a wee rest.

I assume that Neil McCann is currently in the process of achieving nothing at Dundee. Bring back Hartley. Someone give me a shout should Neil McCann lead Dundee to a League or Scottish Cup win, no, give me a shout when he beats Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen and maybe Hearts & Hibs to the title. Until such times... fcuking dud.

On 08/05/2017 at 3:56 PM, shull said:

You're talking sense today regarding Team matters. 

On 08/05/2017 at 4:23 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Nope it's an admission that it was a massive gamble that could have backfired. Why would anyone want to be in a position where you reckoned that almost the entire team were not up to the job and needed replaced. 

Edited by insaintee

I assume that Neil McCann is currently in the process of achieving nothing at Dundee. Bring back Hartley. Someone give me a shout should Neil McCann lead Dundee to a League or Scottish Cup win, no, give me a shout when he beats Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen and maybe Hearts & Hibs to the title. Until such times... fcuking dud.

This actually made me laugh out loud.

49 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So you ignored me challenging you about about the 'other deadwood' that Ross signed? I'll take that as an admission that you lied to to justify a poor argument and sustain an attack on Ross.

And you other point is laughable. By your reckoning anyone not in the first 11 is 'deadwood'. So next season we only go with 11 players? Away and give your ego a wee rest.

Lied? What are you on about? I have my opinions, you have yours, because they are different I have lied..? Ffs

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

This actually made me laugh out loud.

It's no laughing matter. Warburton achieved nothing in keeping Forest up, and Honest Harry has achieved nothing keeping Birmingham up. All across the country, teams are employing dud managers who simply aren't winning cups and titles. It's a national disgrace.

Pssst. Isn't reaching the Bells B&Q Ramsdens Petrofac Irn Bru Norn Iron & Welsh Diddies & Cunty Colts Cup final an achievement? Even a teensy-weensy achievement? Hell, going in 1-0 up at Sellik is an achievement!

Joma Jack - achieving stuff all over the shop! Pure achievement mental so he is.

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

Deadwood, duds, whatever.

This forum must be the absolute highlight of your day. You appear to live simply to take the opposite view and then throw yourself into arguing the point. Whether it's the validity of celebrating staying up, putting some of the lesser used squad members down or reminding us that Jack's team were pish before this great run you just can't help yourself.

You are nothing but an attention seeking fanny who comes on here to wind others up and unfortunately you'll never change so hopefully you'll go too far one night and earn yourself a ban and save us all from your incessant dribbling.

So you earn bans by having an opinion? Well Div had better get me banned pronto. Can I ask are you an adult? Just the online abuse calling someone a fanny because you dont agree with them is. Puzzling, but hey thats on you.