Welcome Junior Mendes

Sonny

Welcome back Junior. Good appointment, i think lots of small details add up to the whole picture, i haven't sat at St Mirren park this season and thought our team look at peak fitness, in fact i've remarked a few times that other teams look fitter.  We're in a position where every game is a battle so if we can maintain that momentum longer during a game due to improvements in fitness the i'm all for it. I'm not a personal trainer so i find it remarkable that so many on here think they know enough to right it off as a luxury.  Not a dig at anyone just a general point after skimming the thread.

I'm all for free speech but have decided to stick St Ricky's posts and mentions of his posts on Ignore to improve my experience of using BAWA. As much as I more often than not agreed with most of his posts and found him a likeable contributor as the months have gone by more and more threads seems to have gone off topic on very long tangents due to his habit of reply to almost every other poster and his inability to let faraway post without trying to get the last word in.

Back on topic... Junior had maybe 1 good season with us as a player. If we are filling a vacancy then fine, I hope he comes in and does well and makes a positive difference.

31 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Welcome back Junior. Good appointment, i think lots of small details add up to the whole picture, i haven't sat at St Mirren park this season and thought our team look at peak fitness, in fact i've remarked a few times that other teams look fitter.  We're in a position where every game is a battle so if we can maintain that momentum longer during a game due to improvements in fitness the i'm all for it. I'm not a personal trainer so i find it remarkable that so many on here think they know enough to right it off as a luxury.  Not a dig at anyone just a general point after skimming the thread.

Yes, its difficult to know who to believe in this argument. On the one hand we have the top managers and clubs in the world that all use sports scientists, on the other hand the forum zoomers from B&W Army.

Guess we will never know who is right.

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Back on topic... Junior had maybe 1 good season with us as a player. If we are filling a vacancy then fine, I hope he comes in and does well and makes a positive difference.

Just checked Junior's stats. I'd certainly say he had more than one good season. Interestingly after sinking our Premier League preparation by walking out and going to Dunfermline, he scored a total of ZERO goals for them. Still wonder how much they paid him to ruin his legacy with us?

21 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm all for free speech but have decided to stick St Ricky's posts and mentions of his posts on Ignore to improve my experience of using BAWA. As much as I more often than not agreed with most of his posts and found him a likeable contributor as the months have gone by more and more threads seems to have gone off topic on very long tangents due to his habit of reply to almost every other poster and his inability to let faraway post without trying to get the last word in.

Sorry but your tendency to complain about other posters means I no longer enjoy bawa and I am now putting you on ignore

5 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Do you reckon any amount of sports science will result in our players being able to pass and control a football or play without fear and panic. I would say that anything spent on something other than these things right now is a luxury.

I really cant understand why anyone would disagree. Unless of course you dont understand budgets and priorities.

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

Yes, its difficult to know who to believe in this argument. On the one hand we have the top managers and clubs in the world that all use sports scientists, on the other hand the forum zoomers from B&W Army.

Yes its a lack of sports science which is causing our players to pass to anyone but our own players, fail to control the ball and play with fear. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
Imagine being fuming that we've appointed a Sports Scientist [emoji23]

Welcome home Junior. One of my favourite players in the late 90s.
Imagine being fuming that we've appointed a Sports Scientist to replace the Sports Scientist who just left the club.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
On 11/8/2018 at 12:11 PM, JM1 said:
Imagine being fuming that we've appointed a Sports Scientist emoji23.png

Welcome home Junior. One of my favourite players in the late 90s.

Imagine being fuming that we've appointed a Sports Scientist to replace the Sports Scientist who just left the club.

I'm disappointed the other one left, can never have too many sports scientists. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Do you reckon any amount of sports science will result in our players being able to pass and control a football or play without fear and panic. I would say that anything spent on something other than these things right now is a luxury.

I really cant understand why anyone would disagree. Unless of course you dont understand budgets and priorities.

I assume that you're saying that Gordon Scott doesn't? You do realise what i think is not what matters, i don't pay the bills at St Mirren....  I agree with your observation about some of our players and their basic skills but i'm assuming that we can afford it AND buy new players in January.  I  don't think our chairman is a halfwit, quite the opposite.

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

The biggest clubs in the world also hire people to perform eyebrow threading, haircutting and tanning services. 

Should we also do that on our income?

I'd rather than be a zoomer than a numpty who cant think for himself any day of the week but you wire right in chief.  :lol:

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The biggest clubs in the world also hire people to perform eyebrow threading, haircutting and tanning services. 

Should we also do that on our income?

I'd rather than be a zoomer than a numpty who cant think for himself any day of the week but you wire right in chief.  :lol:

You've made a bit of a fool of yourself on this thread, haven't you?

Not sure why you can't see it is possible for us to afford a sports scientist at the same time as investing in players who can pass properly. Or maybe you did finally see that and then moved on to posting this nonsense.

I think we can wrap this thread up now.

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

You've made a bit of a fool of yourself on this thread, haven't you?

Not sure why you can't see it is possible for us to afford a sports scientist at the same time as investing in players who can pass properly. Or maybe you did finally see that and then moved on to posting this nonsense.

I think we can wrap this thread up now.

All the gear, no idea. That's what we are engaging in right now.

You can end your participation on this thread whenever you like.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Got to say. Given where P.T. are this doesn't fill me with confidence. Perhaps the players at Partick were passing over all particularly prominent pointers.

Edited by stlucifer

Some of our players do not look fit enough for 90mins - Willock in particular. (I like the guy but he also seems to drop down a level by 60 mins).

If Junior can help improve any player's fitness to put in a full shift for 90mins in the Premiership  then he is a useful signing.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Some of our players do not look fit enough for 90mins - Willock in particular. (I like the guy but he also seems to drop down a level by 60 mins).

If Junior can help improve any player's fitness to put in a full shift for 90mins in the Premiership  then he is a useful signing.

Nope. That would be the job of the coaching staff.

I am beginning to wonder if fans actually understand what sports science is all about.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Nope. That would be the job of the coaching staff.

I am beginning to wonder if fans actually understand what sports science is all about.

Since you are unsure, watch Junior's interview where he explains it. About 40 seconds in.  https://www.stmirren.com/buddievision-content/2338-buddievision-interview-junior-mendes