Fakes Away

The Jackson penalty debacle will be a real test of OK's man management skills. Very tempting to lay into him and say he'll never play him again, however, there does seem to be the makings of a partnership with the Duck (when he's brave enough to play 2 up front).

Let's see what happens on Saturday. I think he'll give Jackson "one last chance to redeem himself and make up for letting the team and supporters down, badly" and start them both.

12 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

The Jackson penalty debacle will be a real test of OK's man management skills. Very tempting to lay into him and say he'll never play him again, however, there does seem to be the makings of a partnership with the Duck (when he's brave enough to play 2 up front).

Let's see what happens on Saturday. I think he'll give Jackson "one last chance to redeem himself and make up for letting the team and supporters down, badly" and start them both.

I fully expect 2 up front on Saturday, and those two to be Jackson and The Duck.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

To be honest it's not a surprise you are going hill walking with our biggest game of the season being played given your posts. 

Your right..why would i waste my time watching a team totally devoid of idea's? Cant pass a ball two yards, manager who is clueless and no atmosphere in ground? Enough is enough out of following a team who cleary "don't really care" have gone for years and it's a rip off and no enjoyment...whats point of going when i can do something i enjoy and not get ripped off?

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

First of all, hello to the fuds that only post on here when we lose. I missed you during that good little run we had, but there was no doubt you would be back!

A lot of negatives from last night. However, now is not the time to dwell on negativity with the biggest game of the season coming up on Saturday. I will only say to Kyle McAllister, Simeon Jackson, Brad Lyons, Andres Dreyer: you sorely let us down last night, you have a chance to fix that on Saturday (if the manager lets you on the pitch again.) 

What I will say is that St Mirren support was absolutely incredible last night. To travel in those numbers to Perth on a Wednesday night, after many had already travelled up for the game to be called off on Saturday was a great effort. To do so in the middle of the season from hell with only one win on the road is outstanding. And then to make that noise in the 2nd half and keep backing the team despite our only shot on goal being that stupid f**king penalty effort was incredible. 

We need to try and recreate that from 3 sides of the ground on Saturday. That means W3, 4, and 5 making noise as well. Time for everyone to up their game on Saturday. Amazingly we will still be in this if we get that win!

Brad lyons is a honking footballer..utter pish..

8 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Your right..why would i waste my time watching a team totally devoid of idea's? Cant pass a ball two yards, manager who is clueless and no atmosphere in ground? Enough is enough out of following a team who cleary "don't really care" have gone for years and it's a rip off and no enjoyment...whats point of going when i can do something i enjoy and not get ripped off?

No argument from my side each to their own. 

Big chance missed last night. St. Johnstone were nothing like at their best and were there to be challenged, but we were not good enough to do it. Lost the game in 5 minutes of madness in the first half by missing the penalty and gifting them their goal. Too many of our players underperformed. Only pass marks to McPherson, McGinn and Nazon when he came on. Upped the pressure on the opposition in the second half but still created hardly any real chances. Worried about Saturday, but unlike some others, will be there to support our team.

Despite the performance and the result, it was wonderful to be among the away support last night. Just another great performance of backing the team. Credit to everyone who made the trip (especially the guy in front of me who fell over the seats even before the game started). Pity the supporters' enthusiasm and determination wasn't replicated on the field.    

Bye [emoji112]

16 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I admire your positivity Sweeper, but I think realistically tonight was our best chance of turning the tide. If we havnt been able to consistently put teams on the back foot up until now then I can’t see how we will mange it for the remaining games. This has been one of the worst seasons I can remember for stmirren. 

It was only 1 game but it was a real opportunity against a pretty poor side... They did stifle us quite a bit, but 3 CB's against 1 forward and keeping McAllister quiet was good enough for their cause. Jackson missing a penalty was also a blow for us and a lift for them as well. Remember too that 3 top midfielders were missing for us.

We can all add in our thoughts, but I don't think the long break helped us as we had a wee bit of momentum, and then players were away and just back from the other side of the world etc. (Don't think they has anyone away on international duty)

I also think the tension that relegation is generating allows too much fear and restricts individual players, the team and the managerial team strategically - but that is normal for teams in these situations - I once signed for a team in the bottom spot of a top league with 7 games to go (before January transfer windows were a thing). In my 1st game we drew 1 v 1 with the team at the top of the league. I had no baggage about how precarious the team emotions were, but on the final whistle that day grown hard men burst into tears; our manager and coach hugged me that day like I was a hero. From this new belief it allowed us to move about 2 teams in the next 2 matches and above another by the last game. 

St. Mirren need this kind of lift. The draws against Aberdeen and Hearts were decent, but Hamilton's wins against them both  elevated Hamilton points wise and mentally. We really really need some of this. 

Truth is there is a whole lot more than 3 points at stake against Dee. A draw won't do much for either of us, but a win would be very significant. I also think winning against Hamilton in a few weeks would pull them back into the mix. 

We need to be brave and really go for it OR games will run out... Oran needs some way of preparing the players mentally to be strong and to give their all like never before. My advice would be some fun but significant reward/punishment for shooting over the bar or wide of the target - far too many shots did not require the opposition to event attempt a save last night . . . at any level but especially at this level that is not good enough. Hit the target and the goalie might let it slip etc. Plenty penalty practice and shooting practice from here on in.

Keep the faith!  :ninja   

12 hours ago, Kemp said:

First of all, hello to the fuds that only post on here when we lose. I missed you during that good little run we had, but there was no doubt you would be back!

A lot of negatives from last night. However, now is not the time to dwell on negativity with the biggest game of the season coming up on Saturday. I will only say to Kyle McAllister, Simeon Jackson, Brad Lyons, Andres Dreyer: you sorely let us down last night, you have a chance to fix that on Saturday (if the manager lets you on the pitch again.) 

What I will say is that St Mirren support was absolutely incredible last night. To travel in those numbers to Perth on a Wednesday night, after many had already travelled up for the game to be called off on Saturday was a great effort. To do so in the middle of the season from hell with only one win on the road is outstanding. And then to make that noise in the 2nd half and keep backing the team despite our only shot on goal being that stupid f**king penalty effort was incredible. 

We need to try and recreate that from 3 sides of the ground on Saturday. That means W3, 4, and 5 making noise as well. Time for everyone to up their game on Saturday. Amazingly we will still be in this if we get that win!

Well said, they players who for some reason don’t turn up most weeks don’t deserve a support as good as ours.

12 hours ago, Johnny Rep said:

Well said, they players who for some reason don’t turn up most weeks don’t deserve a support as good as ours.

What is this as Saints fans think they have some huge magical support? No much better than many teams and how do the players deserve better cause some wee knob turns up with a drum and 10 schoolboys jump about round about him...

7 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

What is this as Saints fans think they have some huge magical support? No much better than many teams and how do the players deserve better cause some wee knob turns up with a drum and 10 schoolboys jump about round about him...

Huge magical support said no one ever

But i will say one thing like many teams we have better support than 2 certain teams

11 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

All I said was the support for away games has been very good considering the piss poor football lol being attempted to be played and the don’t give a feck attitude of some of the players.