Jeff King

I'd bet Stubbzo will sign him when he manages again . . .   I don't ever gamble, so I am suspecting that no one will be daft enough to make him a manager again at any kind of level, but even if they do, will it be for more than a few months at most? for 3 in a row/...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 12:48 AM, eastlandssaint said:

Who knew Jeff made as many as 3 appearances for us among his 16  appearances in 5 seasons where he hammered in 2 goals (averaging just under half a goal a season) as a winger / attacking midfielder also capable of playing centre forward? Over to you Wendy to extol the virtues of Jeff King over Myles Hippolyte or Ross Stewart (centre forward) both deemed not good enough by Alan Stubbs.

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I have to say ,I saw JK in several reserve games and couldn’t understand why this guy wasn’t getting a first team Start. His delivery from a wide area was as good as I’ve seen this season.

I saw enough of him against the likes of Spartans and Dumbarton to know that he'd never be good enough for us. 

A genuinely terrible footballer. 

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

4 of his recent clubs decided not to give him any first team appearances (even as a sub).

Agreed. At least folk like Coulson and Alfie Jones looked like they'd at least kicked a ball in anger before.

King, Kpekawa, Brock-Madsen and Heaton will almost certainly go down in history as some of the worst transfer window business we've ever done as a club. 

We're currently no great shakes going forward but to look at where we were vs where we are now in terms of quality on the pitch, it's absolutely night and day. 

Brad Lyons and Duckens have been getting a bit of stick lately but can anyone genuinely say that they'd get rid of those two and bring in Brock-Madsen and for example, Ryan Edwards instead?! 

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. At least folk like Coulson and Alfie Jones looked like they'd at least kicked a ball in anger before.

King, Kpekawa, Brock-Madsen and Heaton will almost certainly go down in history as some of the worst transfer window business we've ever done as a club. 

We're currently no great shakes going forward but to look at where we were vs where we are now in terms of quality on the pitch, it's absolutely night and day. 

Brad Lyons and Duckens have been getting a bit of stick lately but can anyone genuinely say that they'd get rid of those two and bring in Brock-Madsen and for example, Ryan Edwards instead?! 

Come on - that's not a fair contest!!!   :lol:

Noticed Ryan Edwards recently scored a brace for Hearts against Aberdeen for a place in the reserve cup final. Not trying to make any kind of point, just something I happened to have read.

3 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Noticed Ryan Edwards recently scored a brace for Hearts against Aberdeen for a place in the reserve cup final. Not trying to make any kind of point, just something I happened to have read.

Ryan Edwards is a better player than Brad Lyons..

25 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

My opinion mate...Edwards gave us a lot more than Lyons and i thought Edwards was useless...

My opinion is that Brad Lyons is one reason why we are no longer constantly over-run and out-fought in midfield. He's been a decent addition to the squad and it has been unpleasant to see him singled out on social media and also during games among the St Mirren 'support'... Ryan Edwards was a trier but hardly ever found a St Mirren player with a pass. People seem to forget that its not that long since we had guys like Hodson, Paul McGinn being played in midfield alongside Edwards before we brought in Dreyer, McAllister, Tansey and Lyons during the window and saw Ryan Flynn return to form.

2 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Must be watching a different player to me..can't pass, can't shoot..looks unfit, soft in tackle, struggles to move from box to box...

Struggled a bit yesterday but he looked ok getting into the box twice (finishing was off albeit)? he also didn't struggle in the box last week scoring the winner in a relegation 6 pointer... Always competes well IMO, certainly far better than some of the dross we've seen this season.

He's far from the 1st i'd punt out that team yesterday!

Edited by W6Saint

3 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Struggled a bit yesterday but he looked ok getting into the box twice (finishing was off albeit)? he also didn't struggle in the box last week scoring the winner in a relegation 6 pointer... Always competes well IMO, certainly far better than some of the dross we've seen this season.

He was the worst player on the park yesterday imo...i honestly cannot see anything he brings to the team...imo he is a man short..

5 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Yes he scored winner in relegation game but was dreadful rest of that game...it only thing he has contributed..

11 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Yes he scored winner in relegation game but was dreadful rest of that game...it only thing he has contributed..

Ryan Edwards contributed zero goals, zero assists, zero shots on target, zero chances created.

Brad Lyons is young and raw and admittedly had a hard time yesterday but all young player peak and trough...he was in a position yesterday that Edwards never once got into, nor would have in a Saints shirt.