Eric Arthur Blair

Dundee v St, Mirren, Sat 18th May 12:30pm

Crap first half, better second and even then tried to throw it away.

Play-off is anyone's guess. Play like we did in the first half and we'll get battered. Play like we did at the start of the second and we'll have a good chance.

14 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Well it doesn’t clearly.

However, not winning against 9 men is a shambles, in any circumstance.

But we DID win. Matches are played over 90 minutes. You seem to routinely forget that.

Head held high.
Had a feeling this would happen.

Unbeaten since the split.

I knew when we failed to beat Accies away when we had been so far on top that it would come at a cost.

Still... Two games to save our season and we are playing with confidence.

Sh*t - well we won today so did all we could. We also keep the winning mentality.

BUT today against Dee we should have won this far more comfortably . . .

Cooke killer hat-trick in a 24 minute spell

The play-offs are going to be a tough gig . . .

We need to win over the two legs

Disappointed at the Fakes - we stay up, we should kick them everywhere next season . . .

It is what it is. At least we got the win on our end, keeps the momentum and we don’t come out with any regrets from today’s effort.

If you had said to us after the Stubbs debacle we’d be in the playoffs, miss out on safety by 1 point, and finish 11 points clear of Dundee, you’d bite their hand off for it.

Bring on Dundee United...lets give the Championship the Dundee Derby.

We have enough about us to beat Dundee United. McAllister, Magennis, McGinn and Flynn should be able to cause the problems.

However once again we just looked so pedestrian for long spells. I'm really baffled by how poorly we play sometimes, hopefully Thursday we see Cooke start & a lot more urgency in the performance.

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What are you basing this on? :blink:

Serious question?

We have lost once in our last 8 games.

We've won 4 of those and drawn 3. for 15 points out of the last 24 against a significantly higher class of opponent than Dundee Utd have been facing. That is top-6 form right there. By next Sunday Utd will have played two midweek games in a row. Utd have also been plagued by hit and miss results all season against much weaker opposition.

We SHOULD be expecting to win over the two games.

What bit of that are you struggling with?

We have enough about us to beat Dundee United. McAllister, Magennis, McGinn and Flynn should be able to cause the problems.
However once again we just looked so pedestrian for long spells. I'm really baffled by how poorly we play sometimes, hopefully Thursday we see Cooke start & a lot more urgency in the performance.
That's my worry.
With intensity and pace, we are a match for anyone.

At the pace of the first half, we are toothless up front and easily beaten at the back.

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

^^^^ THIS definitely.

We do have enough to overcome them, but we will need to be at our best. This lethargic, predictable tempo is Championship level..

Time for the big boys to step up. Cooke was killer today - is he better on from the start or to bring on?

Did Hodson do enough today to see Lyons on the bench?

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

That's my worry.

At the pace of the first half, we are toothless up front and easily beaten at the back.

I think Muzek will drop out for Hodson after the mistake for the opening goal.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

That's my worry.

It's because we are playing one small guy up front and then attempting to bypass the midfield.

It's because of nerves I think. Once we calm down we look excellent.

As said above, we could have been in Dundee's position today.

Let's hope we all focus on the positive fact that survival is absolutely in our hands now.

Utd won't be free of nerves on Thursday. They NEED to get up this time. If their players were capable of handling intense pressure they wouldn't be in the league below us right now.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Serious question?

We have lost once in our last 8 games.

We've won 4 of those and drawn 3. for 15 points out of the last 24 against a significantly higher class of opponent than Dundee Utd have been facing. That is top-6 form right there. By next Sunday Utd will have played two midweek games in a row. Utd have also been plagued by hit and miss results all season against much weaker opposition.

We SHOULD be expecting to win over the two games.

What bit of that are you struggling with?

To make any decent prediction you need to know something about the opposition.

TBH you know nothing about how football works, you show it again. :byebye

15 points from the last 24. What a f**king finish.

I'm not sure what more our boys could have done TBH.

I'm still feeling waves of relief that we have not been automatically relegated and now have a chance of completely controlling our own fortune again for the first time all season.