Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
St.Ricky

Players Leaving

Recommended Posts


This was a bad deal for the club but glad we can now close the chapter on this guy. We need players who have ability and the right attitude. Sadly he never had either. 
No idea about his ability (hardly ever played) but certainly the wrong attitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
40 minutes ago, Ethan said:
This was a bad deal for the club but glad we can now close the chapter on this guy. We need players who have ability and the right attitude. Sadly he never had either. 

No idea about his ability (hardly ever played) but certainly the wrong attitude.

As my best friend once said when he broke off an engagement - "Good riddance, I 've cut my losses and I can now get on with life".

To be fair he dodged a bullet and then found his other half. Never seen him happier than these past 15 years.

Hope it is the same for us. Time to move on from this.  :guinness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shull said:

Because you're the Tartan Terror and despise our friends down South. 

 

WTF ???  For someone who claims to abhor bigotry (citing it as a major factor in you stopping financially supporting the club i.e. you are no longer a supporter now just a follower) and prejudice you don't half bang on about it.  You have had one spectacularly public breakdown on here over the last 2-3 years. From the super optimistic uber fan to a sad non attending multi alias troll in a remarkably short space of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

WTF ???  For someone who claims to abhor bigotry (citing it as a major factor in you stopping financially supporting the club i.e. you are no longer a supporter now just a follower) and prejudice you don't half bang on about it.  You have had one spectacularly public breakdown on here over the last 2-3 years. From the super optimistic uber fan to a sad non attending multi alias troll in a remarkably short space of time.

So what was up with the post you quoted ? Nothing untrue about it. 

Anyway, I am so happy and feel totally cleansed. 

Not funding corrupt and cheating football and our bigot loving club has been the making of me. 

All is wonderful and calm. 

You seem rattled though. 

Do you want a wee cuddle ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Pityme said:

What paying up two years of a players contract? Yeah i suppose in two years time it will!

You don't know that for sure. A waste of money anyway that best sums up Stubbs legacy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What paying up two years of a players contract? Yeah i suppose in two years time it will!

It won’t be two years wages , if they do that it’s like a gardening leave ,were he can’t play for any other clubs until his contract is up , it will be a settlement that allows him to sign elsewhere IMO.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, linwood buddie said:

It won’t be two years wages , if they do that it’s like a gardening leave ,were he can’t play for any other clubs until his contract is up , it will be a settlement that allows him to sign elsewhere IMO.

 

 

 

 

 

Usually a percentage of his contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, munoz said:

You don't know that for sure. A waste of money anyway that best sums up Stubbs legacy. 

He will have gone with more than a year's wages. Given he hasnt kicked a ball for months and is about attractive to other clubs as Joey Barton, why would he go for less. He can sit on the training field on his tod for two more years and still get well paid.

ffs start accepting reality bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

It won’t be two years wages , if they do that it’s like a gardening leave ,were he can’t play for any other clubs until his contract is up , it will be a settlement that allows him to sign elsewhere IMO.

 

 

 

 

 

Gardening leave means you are still an employee, on the payroll get your pension contributions and bonuses etc. He has agreed a deal based on the two remaining years of his contract. What would you go for in his shoes knowing its unlikely any club is bursting down the door to sign you?

it will be over a year's wages, otherwise he would be better off just sitting tight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

He will have gone with more than a year's wages. Given he hasnt kicked a ball for months and is about attractive to other clubs as Joey Barton, why would he go for less. He can sit on the training field on his tod for two more years and still get well paid.

ffs start accepting reality bud.

Another couple of years and he will be as attractive as Josh Heaton. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Gardening leave means you are still an employee, on the payroll get your pension contributions and bonuses etc. He has agreed a deal based on the two remaining years of his contract. What would you go for in his shoes knowing its unlikely any club is bursting down the door to sign you?

it will be over a year's wages, otherwise he would be better off just sitting tight!

But but but Middlesbrough wanted him 🤷‍♂️🙈😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Pityme said:

He will have gone with more than a year's wages. Given he hasnt kicked a ball for months and is about attractive to other clubs as Joey Barton, why would he go for less. He can sit on the training field on his tod for two more years and still get well paid.

ffs start accepting reality bud.

Nah, cant see that scenario tbh. Usually offered 30%-50% of contract owed from what I've heard. Absolutely no use to the player training with the under 18s for the next 2 years. If he wants any kind of career,  he must have realised it's time to move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah, like we outbid Middlesbrough lol. I think Stubbs was cute at the fake news too!

I know, was being sarcastic. 

Glad this sagas put to bed, and hopefully lessons learned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, munoz said:

Nah, cant see that scenario tbh. Usually offered 30%-50% of contract owed from what I've heard. Absolutely no use to the player training with the under 18s for the next 2 years. If he wants any kind of career,  he must have realised it's time to move.

I can tell you as someone who has negotiated and terminated thosands of contracts people (let alone professional footballers) do not walk for 30-50% of what they are entitled to. Unless they are going to something even better they do not want to miss out on.

i would suggest this isnt Heaton's reality!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Gardening leave means you are still an employee, on the payroll get your pension contributions and bonuses etc. He has agreed a deal based on the two remaining years of his contract. What would you go for in his shoes knowing its unlikely any club is bursting down the door to sign you?

it will be over a year's wages, otherwise he would be better off just sitting tight!

You said two years and then a percentage and then one year ,so my post on it is just as realistic as any of your ones ,is it not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...