Why has the Director of Football failed?

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I know it’s impossible to provide, exactly why I am not assuming he has or hasn’t. My whole point is why other people are assuming it’s all big bad Gus fault. 

So you seem to agree that it’s impossible to know, so it begs the question. Why are people forming an opinion against Gus? Surely his track record in his only full window would allow him some benefit of the doubt/ time to see the outcome. Is it important to people to judge the man five weeks before the window closes? 

You then contradict yourself, how exactly is it ‘clear’ they aren’t producing the results? Do you mean as of today or as of when it stops being possible to sign contracted players? People as usual far too quick to judge & attach blame. The right quality of player just might not be available to get over the line yet, again would people rather we did what we did last season & sign rubbish because it’s quicker? 

Rest is the usual doom and gloom from you. The want to attach blame, when we don’t know the mitigating circumstance, so assume someone isn’t doing their job. 

Come to think of it, you seem oblivious to the feeling of the support, similar traits to the person at the top of the club.

Funny that. :lol:

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Come to think of it, you seem oblivious to the feeling of the support, similar traits to the person at the top of the club.

Funny that. :lol:

You’ve admitted there’s no evidence with the ‘hang Gus’ boo boys. That’s in the most basic terms my point. 

Support isn't a word I would associate with the poster from Arbroath. 

It's natural that fans are anxious in light of losing continuity of managership and the relatively recent apointment of a DOF as well as the choice of person, which in itself met with mixed views from those why buy tickets and some who never go near the ground to watch the team. 

For the latter, topics on here are opportunities to adopt whatever stance they think will further their own agenda. 

For me the position is clear. Jim accepted the job. In doing so he agreed to be responsible for results and he is with the players currently at his disposal. 

After the window shuts then by all means have a go at the DOF. Until then I suggest we back the team, the managet and DOF. 

Encouragingly, Jim has looked at several and said no. That has to be good news and shows strength of mind. 

Edited by St.Ricky

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’ve admitted there’s no evidence with the ‘hang Gus’ boo boys. That’s in the most basic terms my point. 

Go read the match day threads, call all the dissenting support boo boys............................in fact, you would, that's how much out on a limb you are, along with the people that run the club. :lol:

I suppose we can look at it as a positive that we are not engaging in any panic signings!

I hold out some hope that we are going to see 4 or 5 top quality players coming in that require a bit of patience. It has been a botched job again this summer, but all I care about now is seeing a team put together that can actually compete once the league starts.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I suppose we can look at it as a positive that we are not engaging in any panic signings!

I hold out some hope that we are going to see 4 or 5 top quality players coming in that require a bit of patience. It has been a botched job again this summer, but all I care about now is seeing a team put together that can actually compete once the league starts.

My point exactly Kemp. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Yet again you revert to your "where's your evidence" when everybody knows this is impossible to provide.

People are forming an opinion on what they see, or don't in the case of new players.

You have no evidence anything is being done behind the scenes, do you? 

Most of these type of debates are opinions, many based on the facts on no new players.

Sure, there MIGHT be some things happening behind the scenes but it's clear these efforts are not producing anything close to the requirements of the team, that's what people are interested in.

The early upbeat feeling has all but gone and the feeling of a long hard unrewarding season is hanging over the place like a dark cloud. 

No one can tell what will happen but the seeds are sown that at least the short term, which could see us struggle, we are early candidates for relegation.

Hardly what people were feeling at the end of last season, well some. 

Who's responsible for this, most people realise the people/person at the top is where the buck stops, as upsetting as that seems to be for you. 

ffs? 

With the greatest respect the only reasons we haven't made signings capable of defeating EKFC is money and the fact this chairman f**ked the club again with his shambolic handling and petulance over our Oran. That is where the sole responsibility for this f**k up lies. I could understand if Goody is getting the same treatment why he might consider not wanting his name damaged by the chairman,s failings.

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Go read the match day threads, call all the dissenting support boo boys............................in fact, you would, that's how much out on a limb you are, along with the people that run the club. :lol:

ffs x 4 your pram can't be much better then, I mean all your toys on the floor tch tch

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Are you having an issue understanding me? Is there someone that could maybe explain it in simpler terms to you? (Difficult task right enough) 

fans have every right to be annoyed about the results, I certainly am. The PLAYERS & COACHES deserve to be criticised & I'm sure will be the first to put their hands up to the league cup campaign not being good enough. I have said this many times. 

Thats all fine. Us failing to beat a L2 & lowland league teams is not the fault of Gus or GLS ffs. :lol: on what planet should we need a stronger team then we have now to beat players 3 or 4 tiers below us?? :unsure:

36 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
57 minutes ago, Kemp said:

With the greatest respect the only reasons we haven't made signings capable of defeating EKFC is money and the fact this chairman f**ked the club again with his shambolic handling and petulance over our Oran. That is where the sole responsibility for this f**k up lies. I could understand if Goody is getting the same treatment why he might consider not wanting his name damaged by the chairman,s failings.

Wow another evidence-less negative assumption about GLS from LPM, who’d have thought it...  

11 hours ago, Kemp said:

As far as I am aware Killie and St Johnstone didn't lose / release a full team of players at the end of the season either.

You would be wrong!

St Johnstone 'got rid of' 11 (5 signings + 6 loans) and in Kilmarnock's case 13 (6 signings and 7 loans).

This compares with St Mirren at 13 (4 signings + 9 loans).

Celtic by the way 'got rid of' 17 (13 signings + 4 loans).

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Are you having an issue understanding me? Is there someone that could maybe explain it in simpler terms to you? (Difficult task right enough) 

fans have every right to be annoyed about the results, I certainly am. The PLAYERS & COACHES deserve to be criticised & I'm sure will be the first to put their hands up to the league cup campaign not being good enough. I have said this many times. 

Thats all fine. Us failing to beat a L2 & lowland league teams is not the fault of Gus or GLS ffs. :lol: on what planet should we need a stronger team then we have now to beat players 3 or 4 tiers below us?? :unsure:

I'm not a knocker of GLS, Gus, TF or anyone else Baz but when you take into account that a number of these players weren't good enough to beat Spartans or QP last season we shouldn't be too surprised that they failed to beat EKFC or Albion Rovers...……..to be in that situation at this stage of the season two years in a row is poor and it is only right to question GLS's part in it. My Dad always said to me a mistake is only really a mistake if you make it twice as you haven't learned from the first one!!

7 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

You would be wrong!

St Johnstone 'got rid of' 11 (5 signings + 6 loans) and in Kilmarnock's case 13 (6 signings and 7 loans).

Well hopefully Killie are f**ked as well then!

Somehow I doubt they are playing competitive games without a left back though.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I know it’s impossible to provide, exactly why I am not assuming he has or hasn’t. My whole point is why other people are assuming it’s all big bad Gus fault. 

So you seem to agree that it’s impossible to know, so it begs the question. Why are people forming an opinion against Gus? Surely his track record in his only full window would allow him some benefit of the doubt/ time to see the outcome. Is it important to people to judge the man five weeks before the window closes? 

You then contradict yourself, how exactly is it ‘clear’ they aren’t producing the results? Do you mean as of today or as of when it stops being possible to sign contracted players? People as usual far too quick to judge & attach blame. The right quality of player just might not be available to get over the line yet, again would people rather we did what we did last season & sign rubbish because it’s quicker? 

Rest is the usual doom and gloom from you. The want to attach blame, when we don’t know the mitigating circumstance, so assume someone isn’t doing their job. 

F Man appears to be under the delusion that he is speaking on behalf of the supporters. 

Hilarious from a man who doesn't go to games 

13 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I'm not a knocker of GLS, Gus, TF or anyone else Baz but when you take into account that a number of these players weren't good enough to beat Spartans or QP last season we shouldn't be too surprised that they failed to beat EKFC or Albion Rovers...……..to be in that situation at this stage of the season two years in a row is poor and it is only right to question GLS's part in it. My Dad always said to me a mistake is only really a mistake if you make it twice as you haven't learned from the first one!!

A number of Those players went on to be good enough to keep us in the top flight of Scottish football. Do I think these players are all good enough to regularly play at this level? No not at all. But it doesn’t change the fact they should have been good enough to win our last two games. They should also have been good enough to beat Spartans & that coupled with stubbs new signings cost him his job. 

If Goody brings in players the same quality as Kpekawa & King then I’m sure he’ll face the same outcome. I have faith he won’t though. 

As for the learn from mistakes part, I get that but for me the mistake last season was rushing to sign players that weren’t good enough. We seem to have learned from that. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

A number of Those players went on to be good enough to keep us in the top flight of Scottish football. Do I think these players are all good enough to regularly play at this level? No not at all. But it doesn’t change the fact they should have been good enough to win our last two games. They should also have been good enough to beat Spartans & that coupled with stubbs new signings cost him his job. 

If Goody brings in players the same quality as Kpekawa & King then I’m sure he’ll face the same outcome. I have faith he won’t though. 

As for the learn from mistakes part, I get that but for me the mistake last season was rushing to sign players that weren’t good enough. We seem to have learned from that. 

They were only good enough when finally supplemented (January Window) by players that were technically good enough and mentally strong enough to help us scramble over the line. How much that cost us and what potential effect it has had on this season's budget we don't really know.

This is the third season out of four where we seem to be stumbling in to the season ahead and in the previous two we have stayed up at the very last moment (once in the Championship), history is in danger again of repeating itself. I hope the next couple of weeks produces some quality signings and we go on to have a great season but to suggest that questions shouldn't be asked of those at the top when we are "currently" underprepared for the season ahead (again) is blind faith. I am not looking to blame nor looking for a stoning or an execution but to not recognise a recurring situation is  madness in my opinion.

You would be wrong!

Now, now, don’t let facts get in the way of [mention=2053]kemp[/mention]’s negative agenda!