Danny Mullen

Kemp

Think Danny should get a start Saturday. The other two strikers have been far too ineffective, thought obika would come on to a game but it’s taking a bit longer than expected, let’s start with Danny with obika an option from the bench as well as morias, but I think we might play 2 up top again

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Exchanging FFS and FIFY and Emojis would fill their days happily. I may be wrong (often am) but both seem to be Brighter than they Act and seem to Dumb down to what they (mistakenly) think the average fan is like. 

Yes; some of the sensible stuff the wee abroathian writes has great relevance till he resorts to ffs eventually, personally I think he does himself a disservice in pursuing that persona, but that's just my opinion.

LPM on the other hand makes me think that he is either two people or bipolar or something similar, sometimes he is just an ars**ole and yet on 'odd' occasions almost ..........sensible. having said that ........... I feel that way myself sometimes; so it might be a case of pot and kettle.  😎

Edited by jaybee
missing fffffffffffffffffffff

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Exchanging FFS and FIFY and Emojis would fill their days happily. I may be wrong (often am) but both seem to be Brighter than they Act and seem to Dumb down to what they (mistakenly) think the average fan is like. 

I think you may have a point there Ricko!

but the again I also think sometimes you come across as 'the prick's.. prick'! So where are you and your group gaving pre match lunch tomorrow? Lol

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

What about in the afternoon?:D

56 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think you may have a point there Ricko!

but the again I also think sometimes you come across as 'the prick's.. prick'! So where are you and your group gaving pre match lunch tomorrow? Lol

Quite an accolade. A pie at the  match tomorrow LPM.  No lunch out planned. 

On 9/18/2019 at 10:55 PM, jaybee said:

We need to let the 'Ross thing go' sometimes you call it right ...........and sometimes ...........NOT.

At the time we let him go, he was not mature enough for the Premiership. He knew he would not be played regularly and we got offered money for him - it was a decision the club made for the right reasons at the time.

Is he a better player now - for sure. He has scored 3 goals in 5 League games so far. That equals our total over the same period.

I like Danny Mullen and I think Obika and Morais will score a few over the season (though I suspect neither will be prolific), but suspect Ross will score more... whether we could have re-signed him during the summer is unlikely - my point was not whether we should have let him go - simply that he is doing what we need from our strikers in this league... (Someone was talking about how hard it was to get a 10 goal plus striker these days - Ross already has 10 including the cup games...)

So we should re sign him when his contract is up, before Well or the Fakes or a n other do . . .

As for Shankland - was totally ineffective against Ayr last week who whipped Utd - joy and celebrations . . . the jury is still out on him at this level....  :magic

All could be true

The main thing he is/was out of our league money wise

I still raging Stubbs got rid of a decent forward in Ross Stewart

Did you express this rage at the time Stubbs let him go?

I don’t remember any rage when he left, nor any rage when Jack Ross punted him back to Alloa on loan.

Indeed, what I recall is folk on this forum saying he wasn’t very good!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As it happens, I did actually express concern when let Stewart go but was shouted down and abused by the usual suspects on the forum! [emoji1]

30 minutes ago, Hands of stone said:

I was working with his mate last night. Said he is on around 3 grand a week. Trained with Rangers for 2 days before signing for Utd, apparently Rangers have given Shankland list of things they thought he should work on and they may come back in for him. Thry thought about signing him but had signed Stewart and already had Defoe and Moleros. Apparently his agent has a lot to do with it and clubs won't deal with him.

Nice story. 😅

2 hours ago, Hands of stone said:

I was working with his mate last night. Said he is on around 3 grand a week. Trained with Rangers for 2 days before signing for Utd, apparently Rangers have given Shankland list of things they thought he should work on and they may come back in for him. Thry thought about signing him but had signed Stewart and already had Defoe and Moleros. Apparently his agent has a lot to do with it and clubs won't deal with him.

Other than Dundee United and Rangers I guess. Good player who has improved and can further improve. 

3 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I don’t remember any rage when he left, nor any rage when Jack Ross punted him back to Alloa on loan.

As it happens, I did actually express concern when let Stewart go but was shouted down and abused by the usual suspects on the forum! emoji1.png

I also liked Stewart. Watched him at Alloa and he was developing well imo. 

4 minutes ago, Hands of stone said:

Ross is a bang average footballer...no better than Cody Cooke..now he has left he's turning into Aquero!

I wouldn't go that far. I think a few of us valued him more highly than the management team. Not unusual there but it's management that calls the shots. I did watch him play for Alloa a few times and genuinely thought he was getting to be physically stronger and more aware of movement off the ball. He was an effective finisher too. Aguera.. No. 

I wouldn't go that far. I think a few of us valued him more highly than the management team. Not unusual there but it's management that calls the shots. I did watch him play for Alloa a few times and genuinely thought he was getting to be physically stronger and more aware of movement off the ball. He was an effective finisher too. Aguera.. No. 
Agreed.
Always thought he had a great first touch.

16 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

As it happens, I did actually express concern when let Stewart go but was shouted down and abused by the usual suspects on the forum! emoji1.png

If you want to check back Andy you will find i did have concerns

I didn't think he was any good but he scored goals

A goal scoring St Mirren forward doesn't happen often

3 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

A old boss of mines soon played alongside Chris Iwelumo at youth level.

He said, he can't control ball, he can't pass the ball, he can't head the ball, all he can do is score.

He averaged 1 goal every 5 games over his professional career, with his time at colchester averaging 1/3 over 3 seasons.

How we would love someone doing that now.

Sure he wasn't talking about McCoist

As a fitba player not great but by god he could put the ball in the onion bag