Danny Mullen

Kemp

3 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

You mention Shankland a lot. If rumours are true, his Dundee United signing on fee would be much higher than any transfer fee we’ve paid since the 90’s.

"If"....

has very wide ranging variables for a two letter word. 

If you take a realistic train of thought, it will likely bring you close to a more accurate possible conclusion. 

That said we paid more for Heaton than we've paid since the 90's, so if you could choose between Shankland, McAllister and Heaton???

56 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Lets see how many he has come May

Agree - that is when the totals are finalised. I do think both Obika and Morais will get into the goals, but not sure if they will pass Ross.

I think he did us more damage on Saturday than the other two did combined - but it was only one game...

29 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So we paid a lot to sign a perennially injured McAllister.... when we could have got Shankland for free! Right there is your regular scorer capable at this level.

No one knows what we paid to get McAllister back. Shankland was not for free DUFC are paying him a hefty wedge the American owners up there are throwing money at it to get back up. And as much as i would liked to have him back the money mooted is just silly money 

1 minute ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

No one knows what we paid to get McAllister back. Shankland was not for free DUFC are paying him a hefty wedge the American owners up there are throwing money at it to get back up. And as much as i would liked to have him back the money mooted is just silly money 

You had me at your first three words!

40 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

"If"....

If you take a realistic train of thought, it will likely bring you close to a more accurate possible conclusion. 

That said we paid more for Heaton than we've paid since the 90's, so if you could choose between Shankland, McAllister and Heaton???

If...like the McAllister fee? 😉

46 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

"If"....

Shankland is on big money Ayr manager on the radio said a host of premiership clubs tried to get him none could match Dundee United signing on fee and wages. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

"If"....

“If” also applies to Shankland cutting in the SPL. He is not yet proven at a higher level than the Championship.

I’m not saying he can’t cut it in this league, but I’m also not saying he would. Some players move up a level and continue to score, others spend their lives scoring goals in the league below but can’t hack the next step. So far, until he actually plays in this league (not really fair to include his young days with Aberdeen), saying “we should have signed him” is also down to a big “if”.

26 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

“If” also applies to Shankland cutting in the SPL. He is not yet proven at a higher level than the Championship.

I’m not saying he can’t cut it in this league, but I’m also not saying he would. Some players move up a level and continue to score, others spend their lives scoring goals in the league below but can’t hack the next step. So far, until he actually plays in this league (not really fair to include his young days with Aberdeen), saying “we should have signed him” is also down to a big “if”.

It is a big 'if' until its not. However on the evidence so far do you think he would have converted the chances Obika has had, or been of greater value to the team than the restricted version of McAllister?

Shankland is suited to the game up here and would fare well against most premiership clubs.

36 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

We will be able to get him back in a couple of season if he can't cut it at the top table. 

56 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It is a big 'if' until its not. However on the evidence so far do you think he would have converted the chances Obika has had, or been of greater value to the team than the restricted version of McAllister?

Shankland is suited to the game up here and would fare well against most premiership clubs.

All could be true

The main thing he is/was out of our league money wise

I still raging Stubbs got rid of a decent forward in Ross Stewart

Just now, windae cleaner said:

All could be true

The main thing he is/was out of our league money wise

I still raging Stubbs got rid of a decent forward in Ross Stewart

Think about it? You say he is/was out of our league money wise.

but we paid to bring McAllister back who we sold for £200-250k, and signed Obika, Morais etc and pay all their wages. But somehow we cant match Dun Utd??? It simply doesnt add up.

big Ross will get a goal here and there, but never near double figures in premiership games. (Unless its against us lol)

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Think about it? You say he is/was out of our league money wise.

but we paid to bring McAllister back who we sold for £200-250k, and signed Obika, Morais etc and pay all their wages. But somehow we cant match Dun Utd??? It simply doesnt add up.

big Ross will get a goal here and there, but never near double figures in premiership games. (Unless its against us lol)

Shankland will be the highest paid player in the championship and the lower SPL sides

Ross Stewart has scored goals everywhere he has went

He will outscore any forwards we have barring injury

I think he will get double figures, he's akward and not pretty on the eye

But he's in the box and gets on end of things

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

But a club stuck for years in the championship could? C'mon tae!

They blew everyone out the water with there signing on fee and wage over the course of his contract. The American owner in there is throwing money at DUFC and Neilson to get up. Reputedly 600k thats a lot on a big hope he started like train this season but still only joint top of their league.

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Shankland will be the highest paid player in the championship and the lower SPL sides

Ross Stewart has scored goals everywhere he has went

He will outscore any forwards we have barring injury

I think he will get double figures, he's akward and not pretty on the eye

But he's in the box and gets on end of things

Remember that prediction come May! You will either be a Saint or a Sinner.