shull

The Vaccine

The utter rudeness (is that a real word?) of people never fails.

Shopping in Dundee today and almost 50/50 on people not giving a monkeys on distancing, in fact pushing right in when they feel like it.

Maybe it's the vaccine giving some feeling of invincibility, I prefer to think people are just fcukwits. 

Edited by faraway saint

So - got my vaccine yesterday (Astra Zeneca), young guy that administered the jab said if I feel really unwell dial 999 and the probability of blood clotting extremely low. Feel fine with the exception of a very sore arm....

Got it in Carnegie Hall (think it was called) in Eastwood- very nice part of the world!!

So - got my vaccine yesterday (Astra Zeneca), young guy that administered the jab said if I feel really unwell dial 999 and the probability of blood clotting extremely low. Feel fine with the exception of a very sore arm....

Got it in Carnegie Hall (think it was called) in Eastwood- very nice part of the world!!

Update - got jag at 2.30 on Friday, Saturday written off due to feeling very lousy indeed, I’ve had chills, aching joints and a fever most of Saturday - been up since 3am Sunday shivering.

My arm is agony and I have a big red blotch where I got jab.

Hopefully this will go away as Sunday progresses - beware Astra Zeneca vaccine, said to my wife last night that I wish I hadn’t bothered!!

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

Update - got jag at 2.30 on Friday, Saturday written off due to feeling very lousy indeed, I’ve had chills, aching joints and a fever most of Saturday - been up since 3am Sunday shivering.

Hopefully this will go away as Sunday progresses - beware Astra Zeneca vaccine, said to my wife last night that I wish I hadn’t bothered!!

Hang in there, hopefully things will clear up within the 48 hour window, 

On 4/11/2021 at 5:24 AM, RichardBuddie said:

I got mine yesterday RichardBuddie and by the time I went to bed last night I wasn't feeling particularly well and pretty fevered.........a groggy start to this morning but now I feel right as rain, hang in RB

I got mine yesterday RichardBuddie and by the time I went to bed last night I wasn't feeling particularly well and pretty fevered.........a groggy start to this morning but now I feel right as rain, hang in RB

Feeling a good bit better now (took the 48 hours as FS suggested), arm still very sore though, had the full suite of ‘flu like’ symptoms yesterday culminating in sneezing and snotters!!

Glad your feeling ok - just wonder what was in that jab - surely to god the second jab won’t have that impact!!

7 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

Feeling a good bit better now (took the 48 hours as FS suggested), arm still very sore though, had the full suite of ‘flu like’ symptoms yesterday culminating in sneezing and snotters!!

Glad your feeling ok - just wonder what was in that jab - surely to god the second jab won’t have that impact!!

Man up. :lol:

On 4/11/2021 at 5:24 AM, RichardBuddie said:

We’re they multiplying? Did it continue into Saturday night? 
sounds a severe case of Travolta syndrome. 

I got my letter last Friday, my appointment was for 8.50am on the 14th, changed it online in minutes for a time after work.

www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vacccineappointments
That's me been done, as a youngster I got transferred to get the Moderna vaccination at the NHS Louisa Jordan.

Sitting here browsing holidays.

10 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

That's me been done, as a youngster I got transferred to get the Moderna vaccination at the NHS Louisa Jordan. emoji16.png

Sitting here browsing holidays. emoji23.png

I'm hopeful that we can get away in October.

That has to be a complete Covid free holiday, no fecking masks etc.

If that's not possible, then we won't be going anywhere, and I'll actually cry. 

You've no chance crybaby.

Just checking, are we allowed words that include baby in them.

Good luck with that one.
I've just booked a week in Ayr for September and am refusing to get too confident about actually going.

Interestingly, we have holidayed in the same place at least twice a year for five years.

Now, because more people are staying local, the price was up by 20%.

Don't blame the resort one bit... Supply and demand and they have lost hundreds of thousands in lost revenue over the last year.

Welcome to the new normal.

That's me had my second Pfizer vaccination.

Straight in to the room... No wait whatsoever! No queuing.

Sat blethering to the nurse for 10 minutes before the injection and another 10 minutes afterwards... so relaxed and civilized!

Even got parked right away.

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Good luck with that one.
I've just booked a week in Ayr for September and am refusing to get too confident about actually going.

Interestingly, we have holidayed in the same place at least twice a year for five years.

Don't blame the resort one bit... Supply and demand and they have lost hundreds of thousands in lost revenue over the last year.

Welcome to the new normal. emoji26.png

What makes you think a week in Ayr will be an issue by September?

From 26th April tourist accommodation to reopen.

We've booked a weekend away close to Pitlochry in May, a week in Kenmore in July and a week in Aviemore in August.

I'm not seeing any of them in any danger.

As for October, well, there's already preparations being made for groups of countries to be categorised in a traffic light system. 

Obviously this all depends on continuing decreases in numbers but with the vaccine battering ahead I see little reason not to see things getting back to "Close to normal" by the Autumn. 

Edited by faraway saint

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Good luck with that one.

Welcome to the new normal. emoji26.png

I'll be waiting for you - be afraid, be very afraid...

The BBC continue to try to make more people scared, the new Indian variant.

There's be a few other variants appear over the last few months and the numbers continue to drop.

A doctor explained that the vaccines can, as the flu vaccine is, be "tweaked" to deal with any changes in the virus.

BBC, gies piece.  :thumbsdown