Sign in to follow this  
Prague Buddie

Welcome Eamonn Brophy

56 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Kilmarnock are in no position to pay a player of Brophy's stature for 6 months and not play him.

This is a possible downside for any club where a player signs a pre-contract in January. Particularly if that player is unhappy at the club he's leaving.

IS Brophy unhappy at Killie or just looking for a better gig in the summer?  He'd probably have been less keen to come to Paisley if he had been getting a regular game... and was appreciated in Kilmarnock.

We all like variety in our lives and all seek fresh challenges.  Even if we have been comfortable and reasonably rewarded in whatever work we've been doing. 

Whenever I worked to the end of a contract, I always gave of my best.

A fitba comparison...

I know he may now be less-loved but I also know that Buddies were unanimous in appreciation of the intensity of performance and the commitment showed to St Mirren by Kirk Broadfoot before he left.

The first time.

We can afford to play hardball here.

Killie want him off the wage bill, we want him here but knowing he's in the bag, are presumably content to wait it out without paying a fee.

If there is no swap with Erwin on the table, just offer take him on loan for the rest of the season.

Yes I suggested we were making him possibly our highest earner due to offering a supposed better deal than Aberdeen & Hibs.

Alex Dyer uses the term breaking the bank in the video Munoz posted above when describing our offer to Brophy.

Not in my opinion no, someone else suggested it but I can't quite remember who.....oh aye, now I remember, it was Ronnie!!

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yes I suggested we were making him possibly our highest earner due to offering a supposed better deal than Aberdeen & Hibs.

Alex Dyer uses the term breaking the bank in the video Munoz posted above when describing our offer to Brophy.

And how does he know what's in our bank?? You used the term "breaking the bank" days ago.

56 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

When was the last time we beat other clubs to the signature of a coveted talent.......was it Craig Dargo?

Alan Stubbs would say Josh Heaton who we spunked £75,000 on. 

Edited by Yflab

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

As did you 20 mins ago.

I'm sure you have a point in there somewhere???

It was "tongue in cheek" at you and your Killie pal in a small attempt at levity around your, in my opinion, over-reaction to our signing Brophy.....the best bit now is that he seems to think that shite Brophy (his opnion) is worth the same £200,000 as Magennis.

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If there is no swap with Erwin on the table, just offer take him on loan for the rest of the season.

Here's a question. Let's say we do take him on loan until he can officially sign. Let's say he turns out to be utter sh*te (it happens). Can we cancel the offer that was made to him?

Just now, saint in exile said:

Here's a question. Let's say we do take him on loan until he can officially sign. Let's say he turns out to be utter sh*te (it happens). Can we cancel the offer that was made to him?

I don't believe so.

5 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Think he was meaning Erwin.  I hope. 

53 minutes ago, antrin said:

IS Brophy unhappy at Killie or just looking for a better gig in the summer? 

According to Kilmarnock fans on twitter, the word is that there has been some sort of fall out with one of the backroom staff.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Another thing The Kilmarnock fan said they should demand the same £200,000 we got for Magennis if we want him now.

Would rather use some of the £200,000 to get him super fit after his 6 month lay off. :whistle  Shankland could possibly recommend a personnel trainer. :wink:

17 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Doesn't look like it

If no swap for Erwin, just offer him to Killie on loan,   That's the way I'm reading it.  But I have on a couple of  occasions, been told my English is not very good.. 

Only djchapsticks can resolve it.

Edited by pod

Wow!

Is that practical, a possibility?
I can understand Killie wanting to offload a wage, but could he go to Saints according to the rules?
(Tho SPFL make them up on the hoof if it's for sevco or shellic)
As we have sadly lost Junior, Brophy could use his strips and changing place in the dressing room, I guess...

Seriously... Is this something that has happened elsewhere - and what hurdles, if any, are there to be overcome? AnyBuddie know?  :unsure:

Broadfoot?

1 hour ago, pod said:

If no swap for Erwin, just offer him to Killie on loan,   That's the way I'm reading it.  But I have on a couple of  occasions, been told my English is not very good.. 

Ah, I see what you're saying. You could easily be right.

1 hour ago, pod said:

Nah, I meant offer to take him on loan, as in Brophy. 

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think we should make any deal to bring Brophy in now, dependent on them HAVING to take Erwin off our hands 

We could also throw in Sheron as an added sweetener. 😂