How High Can We Finish This Season ?

shull

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointing news about McGrath last night and it's implications on our final league position. This is the first season since the current format for the top flight was introduced that we have been in the running for that cherished Top 6 spot into February. We are still very much in the running but as I've said elsewhere we may have to adopt a more cautious approach from here on....

Again with a bit of luck the injuries to Dennis & McGrath might prove less serious then feared. Time for Brophy to show a tangible return on the field and hopefully for Quaner to become available.

All is not lost...

Edited by Bud the Baker

Disappointing news about McGrath last night and it's implications on our final league position. This is the first season since the current format for the top flight was introduced that we have been in the running for that cherished Top 6 spot into February. We are still very much in the running but as I've said elsewhere we may have to adopt a more cautious approach from here on....
Again with a bit of luck the injuries to Dennis & McGrath might prove less serious then feared. Time for Brophy to show a tangible return on the field and hopefully for Quaner to become available.
All is not lost...
Brophy is injured too going by the quote from Jim below

We’re missing Kristian Dennis for a number of weeks with a serious achilles problem, and Eamonn Brophy looks as if he’s got a problem with his foot which could be a lengthy one as well.

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

All is not lost...

I think 5th or 6th is possible but we need that bit of luck  you mentioned with injuries. I hope you are right that the injuries to Dennis & McGrath might prove less serious then feared. Brophy too and Quaner. On the plus side we have Flynn back and an in form Durmus and Connoly capable of getting beyond opposition defences.  Maintain our points per game average and we wont be far away.

1 hour ago, God of war said:

I will pish my breaks when we fall out top 6 and start looking downwards. Some folk never ever learn this is Saints we are talking about. Talking about finishing 5th etc🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I expect that to start today. 

17 hours ago, God of war said:

Supporting a small club like Saints avoiding relegation should be like winning title every year...

St mirren are not a small club we might be a provincial club but by no means small. If we only set our stall out every season to avoid relegation that would be small minded and foolhardy. The uproar on here if the manager came out and said we are just looking to avoid relegation this season if you think top 4 or top 6 and only finish say 8th at least you have set the ambition. We are on a par with the likes of Motherwell Killie and the likes who have all a good season here and there why cant 

9 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

St mirren are not a small club we might be a provincial club but by no means small. If we only set our stall out every season to avoid relegation that would be small minded and foolhardy. The uproar on here if the manager came out and said we are just looking to avoid relegation this season if you think top 4 or top 6 and only finish say 8th at least you have set the ambition. We are on a par with the likes of Motherwell Killie and the likes who have all a good season here and there why cant we.

That's the £1m question because, quite simply, we haven't.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

That's the £1m question because, quite simply, we haven't.

We havent as yet but in my opinion we will this season in JG i trust we have a few injuries to key players at the moment but with the next 4 games we have it gives us the chance to cement the top 6,  2 games in hand over Utd 1 on Livi who are up next Saturday 

14 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

St mirren are not a small club we might be a provincial club but by no means small. If we only set our stall out every season to avoid relegation that would be small minded and foolhardy. The uproar on here if the manager came out and said we are just looking to avoid relegation this season if you think top 4 or top 6 and only finish say 8th at least you have set the ambition. We are on a par with the likes of Motherwell Killie and the likes who have all a good season here and there why cant 

Our aim should be 5th place every season because outside the top 4, every other team is around our size.

We should also be looking for 2 good cup runs and should expect to push the top 4 teams to the limit in every game, taking points off them from time to time.